Jr Suite Coffee

Just booked our first Jr Suite. I understand that it's mostly a larger "balcony" with a bath tub' date=' but I thought I saw something about coffee service in the room. Is there a maker?

Any other small things that we'll notice?[/quote']

JS perks:

Bathtub (except for Empress)

Walk-in closet (all but Vision class, Majesty, and Empress)

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen (Quantum and Oasis class only)

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color SeaPass card

Edited by clarea

JS perks:

Bathtub (except for Empress)

Walk-in closet (all but Vision class, Majesty, and Empress)

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen (Quantum and Oasis class only)

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color SeaPass card

I have highlighted the Tea Kettle and Coffee Maker. The tea kettle works fine. The coffee maker could work fine, IF you have the correct size individual coffee packets that fit in the pot. Check before using.

On our first cruise in a JS, I did not check and proceeded to make my cup of coffee.....to find it made a big mess on the table top. Stateroom attendant, was alerted, and then brought me the right single serve packages. He was not aware that their were two sizes, because they have two different coffee makers.

So check.....on our next cruise in a JS, I found out that they did not have the correct size single serve packages on board for one of the coffee makers at all.

So be forewarned.

I have highlighted the Tea Kettle and Coffee Maker. The tea kettle works fine. The coffee maker could work fine, IF you have the correct size individual coffee packets that fit in the pot. Check before using.

On our first cruise in a JS, I did not check and proceeded to make my cup of coffee.....to find it made a big mess on the table top. Stateroom attendant, was alerted, and then brought me the right single serve packages. He was not aware that their were two sizes, because they have two different coffee makers.

So check.....on our next cruise in a JS, I found out that they did not have the correct size single serve packages on board for one of the coffee makers at all.

So be forewarned.

We also experienced the coffee all over the counter crisis,lol. We quickly learned the room service coffee is much better, no muss, no fuss, and all for a couple dollar tip![emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are the bathroom amenities? I'm hoping for body wash and shampoo as I won't be packing those because of plane flight.

In addition to the two bars of soap and mystery liquid dispenser in the shower, there are also small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash.

Just order coffee from room service...no muss, no fuss...ask for a whole carafe!

I always bring the toiletries I like from home. Even tho you might get better in a JS (and that's been "hit or miss" for us), I find I look and feel better with my normal brands. Bring what you need.

We also experienced the coffee all over the counter crisis,lol. We quickly learned the room service coffee is much better, no muss, no fuss, and all for a couple dollar tip![emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But when I want coffee, I don't want to wait for it to be delivered. It never comes in 5 minutes. I like hot cocoa also, so I take packets from WJ to keep in our room, and use the tea kettle.

Had the same problem. I came out of the shower to find DH throwing papers and trying to mop up the countertop with a bath towel because the coffee maker had piddled everywhere. We just never used it again.

Currently on Adventure staying in a JR suite. This is the life deep tub to relax in. Extra space. Yes the coffee maker is a generic me. Coffee machine. It be nice if it was a keurig so I can bring my own flavored coffee k-cups. Hopefully next ship they would upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's (L'Occitane toiletries) part of the new "Suite" benefits for Jr. suite. We got it on Harmony over the summer. We will be back on Oasis next week, I'll check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that, and I mentioned it to the attendant who said those are not available for Jr Suite on the Oasis.

We did ask the attendant and he said they don't supply those to Jr Suite on Oasis.

Well, not much you could have done, but I think that they were giving you bovine fecal matter. I would have asked to speak to the deck supervisor. We were on Oasis not too long ago and got the amenities in a JS.

I know that, and I mentioned it to the attendant who said those are not available for Jr Suite on the Oasis.

They definitely have L'Occitane on the Oasis. We were in a Loft suite 3 weeks ago. If they don't provide it during our next cruise in Jr suite, my wife will be upset and I will complain to hotel director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, not much you could have done, but I think that they were giving you bovine fecal matter. I would have asked to speak to the deck supervisor. We were on Oasis not too long ago and got the amenities in a JS.

Thanks for letting me know.

I was quite surprised as those amenities were advertised on the website when we booked.

The coffee pots are very finicky - the basket has to be seated just right or it does not drain correctly, resulting in a mess. And more times than not you will receive a coffee packet which contains much more coffee than needed for one cup.

I always take some Starbucks Via with me so I can have a cup or two of coffee using hot water from the tea kettle - until I am ready to head out of the room in search of properly brewed coffee.