What, no included Bev Package :( in Special Offer

Jane2357

I always book right when itineraries open up to get the cabin we want - sometimes as much as 3 yrs in advance. Our 2016 Alaska (Aqua) and our 2017 Panama Canal (Celebrity Suite) were all booked way back under the 1,2,3 Go that included a free bev pkg and we just paid to upgrade those.

Just after midnight I went to book our 2018 cruise (New England/Canada) and am not only shocked at the prices but also that the ONLY perk offered was $300. OBC. No beverage packages included. :( What happened to go Big, Better, Best????

Is this the new normal? I'm trying to chose between Aqua (1141 on the aft) and a Sky Suite and have two cabins on hold but for these prices -- I'm very disappointed about the Bev Pkg not being included in any specials. I guess I could hold off a bit but the prime cabins will be gone. :cool:

I always book right when itineraries open up to get the cabin we want - sometimes as much as 3 yrs in advance. Our 2016 Alaska (Aqua) and our 2017 Panama Canal (Celebrity Suite) were all booked way back under the 1,2,3 Go that included a free bev pkg and we just paid to upgrade those.

Just after midnight I went to book our 2018 cruise (New England/Canada) and am not only shocked at the prices but also that the ONLY perk offered was $300. OBC. No beverage packages included. :( What happened to go Big, Better, Best????

Is this the new normal? I'm trying to chose between Aqua (1141 on the aft) and a Sky Suite and have two cabins on hold but for these prices -- I'm very disappointed about the Bev Pkg not being included in any specials. I guess I could hold off a bit but the prime cabins will be gone. :cool:

If you phone you can probably switch the $300 for a drink package. The Europe itineraries were the same upon release but now show all the perks.

If you phone you can probably switch the $300 for a drink package. The Europe itineraries were the same upon release but now show all the perks.

Thanks for that info! I'll be give them a call in the morning. Frankly the pricing seems very high to me and to not have the option of selecting the Bev Pkg at those prices is crazy.

I realize that this itinerary is very limited - only 3 sailings per year but I think the pricing is ridiculous. :eek:

Edited by Jane2357

Thanks for that info! I'll be give them a call in the morning. Frankly the pricing seems very high to me and to not have the option of selecting the Bev Pkg at those prices is crazy.

I realize that this itinerary is very limited - only 3 sailings per year but I think the pricing is ridiculous. :eek:

Try being Canadian and having to add 35% :eek::eek: I agree some are eye wateringly high. 2018 might be a land trip for us.

Try being Canadian and having to add 35% :eek::eek: I agree some are eye wateringly high. 2018 might be a land trip for us.

35% :eek::eek: No thanks!

Over the years we've slowly moved up from a Standard Balcony to finally having our first Celebrity Suite for our Panama Canal cruise this coming April. Glad we will get to experience it but it won't happen again - the pricing is insane. :eek:

I'm going to have to make a decision tomorrow and release one of the cabins, either the A1 or the S2. The price difference is substantial. The aft cabin is a bit of a challenge size wise but love that wake. Had an S1 once before the suite restaurant but loved the size. The lack of a good Special right now makes pulling the trigger difficult. :mad:

Book it with the room you want. I have definitely seen sailings that were a year + out not have the same, or any promos... they will most likely be added in as the cruise gets closer, just like the price will fluctuate. We like to book early to get cabins and lock in a price, you can always re-price later or cancel if a better deal comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say book the higher price cabin and then keep checking prices. On the limited sailing we have found they almost always go up by at least 50%.

You can always move to an A1 if need be however probably not on the aft.

We are doing two limited sailing in 2017, both very close to selling out for months, both are now after final payment The first our cabin is $5k more than we paid. The 2nd has seemed to be the victim of massive cancellations and price drops are dramatic. Who would have thought all the C1's on deck 7 ( plus others on 6 & 8) would be available (M class) and all but one of the deck 11 Aft A1's are no longer booked:eek:

Our theory is book early in a cabin you would love and if you get a better deal after final payment it's a bonus.

or Australia's dismal exchange rate or that fact that it costs us so much and takes a long time to get there in the first place..... but it's worth it. You only live once.....

Well I was torn between cabin Aqua cabin 1140 and a Sky suite 2 with the only shown perk being $300 for the both of em. Wasn't very able to justify the $5,000. difference.

I call this morning and booked the Sky suite :D apparently not only do we get the $300 OBC but it also comes with the Prem Bev Pkg, free Grats and free unlimited wifi. Why wasn't this made know when looking online.

Certainly made my decision easier. :cool:

Well I was torn between cabin Aqua cabin 1140 and a Sky suite 2 with the only shown perk being $300 for the both of em. Wasn't very able to justify the $5,000. difference.

I call this morning and booked the Sky suite :D apparently not only do we get the $300 OBC but it also comes with the Prem Bev Pkg, free Grats and free unlimited wifi. Why wasn't this made know when looking online.

Certainly made my decision easier. :cool:

Hi Jane. This is what is listed on my website for an Alaskan Cruise in 2018:

Go Big. Go Better. Go Best.

Choose one, two or get all four...plus a beverage upgrade with Go Best

Classic Beverage Package For Two:

Classic Beverage Package option includes beer up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, wine by the glass up to $9 per serving, all soda selections, fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water, and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package includes all soda selections, fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

Premium Beverage Package for Two:

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even top-shelf and specialty cocktails. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

Prepaid Tips For Two:

Prepaid Tips option provides for Prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

Unlimited Internet For Two:

Keep in touch with friends and family by email, sharing vacation photos and videos, or posting to your social media sites. Guests with internet packages will receive instructions for internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

$150 per person to spend onboard For Two:

Enjoy $150 per person to spend onboard—at specialty restaurants, in the Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, on Celebrity shore excursions and more. Your stateroom folio will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s).

Traveling with family or friends? They’ll be perked up, too. Each additional guest, beyond the first two in your stateroom, receives a free Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and a 40-Minute Internet Package.

Plus, Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, enjoy 50% reduced deposits.

Hi Jane. This is what is listed on my website for an Alaskan Cruise in 2018:

Go Big. Go Better. Go Best.

Choose one, two or get all four...plus a beverage upgrade with Go Best

Classic Beverage Package For Two:

Classic Beverage Package option includes beer up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, wine by the glass up to $9 per serving, all soda selections, fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water, and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package includes all soda selections, fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

Premium Beverage Package for Two:

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even top-shelf and specialty cocktails. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

Prepaid Tips For Two:

Prepaid Tips option provides for Prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

Unlimited Internet For Two:

Keep in touch with friends and family by email, sharing vacation photos and videos, or posting to your social media sites. Guests with internet packages will receive instructions for internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s)..

$150 per person to spend onboard For Two:

Enjoy $150 per person to spend onboard—at specialty restaurants, in the Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, on Celebrity shore excursions and more. Your stateroom folio will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s).

Traveling with family or friends? They’ll be perked up, too. Each additional guest, beyond the first two in your stateroom, receives a free Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and a 40-Minute Internet Package.

Plus, Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, enjoy 50% reduced deposits.

Sweet! But when I went to book, just after midnight for the newly released Canada/New England itins - the only special offers showing was the $300 OBC. :cool: I was choking on the prices without any add ins. Could the IT department get it together and have all of that show up? Makes it difficult to make the best financial choice without all the info. :confused:

All sorted now and I'm happy with my choice of the S2. However that #1140 aqua is a nice cabin in an AWESOME location!!!