On board Island stolen Christmas decorations

Bettyboop66

Just wanted to let others know that are planning to decornate their cabin doors for the holidays what happened to us. We're sailing 15 days going through the Panama Canal and last night someone stole our Santa decoration from the door. I've been on so many cruises during December and have loved seeing the doors decorated. It's just sad that someone felt the need to take Santa.[/color] Maybe they'll leave the rest of the decorations alone that are on my door. Other than that, having a great cruise. I'll try and do a review when we get home.

Absolutely disgusting.....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

There is always the possibility that it came off accidently and was thrown away. Traffic along the corridor can brush up against it. The tape or whatever was used to hold it could fail. Sometimes you can get some fairly strong air currents through the hallway. Lots of ways it could have goten damaged and off the door other than then theft. Once off the crew will dispose.

Our Santa was stolen one year by kids and was found by the totally innocent occupants on their stateroom door. Can't remember how he found his way back to us ... maybe we went looking ... but I just brought him out today to take with us next week and he still has his little piece of tape on his back saying E301.

Happened to me as well, a few years ago on Emerald.

Passengers on ships aren't universally wonderful.

They are pretty much like every-day people on land.

Yep. Nice people and jerks on the ship just like at home. I have never put up door decorations partly because I don't want to think about them going missing.

Yep. Nice people and jerks on the ship just like at home. I have never put up door decorations partly because I don't want to think about them going missing.

My stuff was from the dollar store, so I didn't have to cry too much...

To the fire hazard folks...

After the star fire, you're not allowed to leave things on your balcony.

If the steward finds stuff, he brings it into the cabin.

I would expect the same with door decorations. If it's a problem,

the steward would bring it into the cabin; not take santa to some

christmas jail.

Thanks so much for all of your comments. I don't think it fell off, we have several things on our door and only Santa is gone. I actually wrote a funny note to Simone the cruise director asking her to ask for the return of my poor lost Santa on the wake show and she actually read my letter on the show! Maybe Santa will be returned😁. I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks so much for all of your comments. I don't think it fell off, we have several things on our door and only Santa is gone. I actually wrote a funny note to Simone the cruise director asking her to ask for the return of my poor lost Santa on the wake show and she actually read my letter on the show! Maybe Santa will be returned😁. I'll keep you all updated.

Reading the thread and just a thought. If possible, maybe people dressing up their door for Christmas would want to put their cabin number on the back of the decoration?

I envision your Santa inside someone elses cabin decorating their home away from home.

Maybe we all have learned an important lesson. . .mark the back of your decorations and take a photo too.

Then an APB or AMBER alert can be put out and the missing santa/decorations?

May the rest of your cruise go more smoothly and be a wonderful experience.

I envision your Santa inside someone elses cabin decorating their home away from home.

Maybe we all have learned an important lesson. . .mark the back of your decorations and take a photo too.

Then an APB or AMBER alert can be put out and the missing santa/decorations?

May the rest of your cruise go more smoothly and be a wonderful experience.

🤣[emoji23][emoji23]🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just wanted to let others know that are planning to decornate their cabin doors for the holidays what happened to us. We're sailing 15 days going through the Panama Canal and last night someone stole our Santa decoration from the door. I've been on so many cruises during December and have loved seeing the doors decorated. It's just sad that someone felt the need to take Santa. Maybe they'll leave the rest of the decorations alone that are on my door. Other than that, having a great cruise. I'll try and do a review when we get home.

Not surprising.

Got back from my cruise yesterday. Sadly, I have to list Santa as "Missing at Sea". The cruise director, Simone, did mention my poor missing Santa on several of the Wake Shows. But I'm sure someone either threw him away, or just kept it. All the decorations came from the Dollar Store, so it wasn't much money at all. I knew that there was a chance of something being taken, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

We asked our cabin steward if she would like to have the decorations at the end of the cruise she was so happy to have them. She told us that the ship was having a contest with the crew, for the best decorated door. I hope she wins, we had lights, garland, and several magnets. I'm going to try and attach a picture.........

100_3148.jpg.6bed4be976ec26d71c0f1ddb39886407.jpg