Automatic upgrades for pinnacle members?

I happen to know pinnacles who booked inside cabins and were upgraded to Junior Suites on two cruises that I was on with them. And they did tell me that they always book insides and were frequently upgraded. They also sailed for several months in a row on one ship.

ETA: And this was four years ago.

This has happened in the past on cruises that are not heavily booked, but it has not happened in awhile, nor has it ever happened to us. What happened 4 years ago on a cruise ship is not too relevant today, as so many of the policies and benefits have changed.

Talking about Pinacles; cruised on Harmony two weeks ago and we had approx 50 of them. Some of them act so arogant and the weirdest is when they all run around with their golden name tags braging with their status and spreading themselves all over the Suite lounge taking the space away of the passengers that actually bring the revenue to the company.

When you talk to the ship staff they don't think to highly of them either since many gained their status literaly through cruising in inside cabins and figuring out that life on the ship is cheaper than being at home... And they always want everything + for free to of course

Comments like these are getting very tedious. There are jerks at every loyalty level and in every cross section of our society.

There is no excuse for arrogant people.If everyone treated people the way they would like to be treated life would be better. I have spoken to people who looked like scruffs and they have been top surgeons etc so you can't look down on people and judge a book by its cover. If someone has cruised a lot and are interesting and nice they deserve any perks they get.We were excited when we went to the diamond lounge for the first time and found people friendly. The first time in the suite lounge people were friendly and were keen to pass their high ranking business cards around.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

There is no excuse for arrogant people.If everyone treated people the way they would like to be treated life would be better. I have spoken to people who looked like scruffs and they have been top surgeons etc so you can't look down on people and judge a book by its cover. If someone has cruised a lot and are interesting and nice they deserve any perks they get.We were excited when we went to the diamond lounge for the first time and found people friendly. The first time in the suite lounge people were friendly and were keen to pass their high ranking business cards around.

Surgeons don't have time to shop. Maybe reasons some may look like "scruffs". Just curious, how did you know they were a Surgeon??? Most are not likely to offer this info on a cruise as they go to get away from practicing medicine.

I have yet to see any buisness cards in CL/SL?

We always speak to people, I never ask what people do as it is not important to me but people do offer information about themselves. We were in the suite lounge on Brilliance and got an assortment of cards and offers to stay on someones ranch and the head judge in Canada offered assistance if we ever were in Canada.There were CEO s etc too.

We always speak to people, I never ask what people do as it is not important to me but people do offer information about themselves. We were in the suite lounge on Brilliance and got an assortment of cards and offers to stay on someones ranch and the head judge in Canada offered assistance if we ever were in Canada.There were CEO s etc too.

Brilliance does not have a suite lounge, it has a Concierge lounge which is for Suite Guests along with D+ and PC Members.

This has happened in the past on cruises that are not heavily booked, but it has not happened in awhile, nor has it ever happened to us. What happened 4 years ago on a cruise ship is not too relevant today, as so many of the policies and benefits have changed.

Comments like these are getting very tedious. There are jerks at every loyalty level and in every cross section of our society.

Agree!!! Couldn't have said it any better myself!😀

We know a few Pinnacles we aren't too fond of but Know 20 times as many Pinnacles that are some of the greatest people on the planet!

Have also met some very "entitled" Platinum. emerald, Diamond, and DP!

A nice person is a nice person no matter what their tier level and a jerk is a jerk no matter what their tier level.

I'm sorry, but we have a hard time believing that a Medical Doctor or Surgeon would just come out and say, "I am a Doctor/Surgeon", without a bit of prying by another cruiser.

Some consider asking what one does as a ICEBREAKER. Try something else.

Edited by troykahack

Why not people do talk about themselves all the time and credit to them if they are special lifesavers.They brought it up after asking what jobs we do,my wife works for the government and i a sales manager. We were in a grand suite on Brilliance and it was called Concierge lounge although I understood at the time it was for suites only and I still have many of those business cards and some have emailed to meet or stay on their ranches in Virginia USA.

Why not people do talk about themselves all the time and credit to them if they are special lifesavers.They brought it up after asking what jobs we do,my wife works for the government and i a sales manager. We were in a grand suite on Brilliance and it was called Concierge lounge although I understood at the time it was for suites only and I still have many of those business cards and some have emailed to meet or stay on their ranches in Virginia USA.

When the Concierge Lounge was first introduced many, many years ago, it was for "Suites Only". However, it was under utilized so they made it available for D/D+. D got excommunicated on September 1, 2009 and PC were added on January 21, 2011. So, your current understanding of it being for "Suites Only" is incorrect.

We also have business cards that have our names, email address, home address and telephone number. We give them out to folks that we meet on cruises that we would like to keep in touch with after the cruise has ended.

Talking about Pinacles; cruised on Harmony two weeks ago and we had approx 50 of them. Some of them act so arogant and the weirdest is when they all run around with their golden name tags braging with their status and spreading themselves all over the Suite lounge taking the space away of the passengers that actually bring the revenue to the company.

When you talk to the ship staff they don't think to highly of them either since many gained their status literaly through cruising in inside cabins and figuring out that life on the ship is cheaper than being at home... And they always want everything + for free to of course

Love it when someone makes statements that they have no clue about...insert foot in mouth.....K.O...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow you are clever knowing all those dates.We were on a 10 night cruise to the canaries in February 2009 on Brilliance when this occurred. We have now done 42 cruises and have 4 more booked over the next 6 months so I now am fully aware of most things on RCI,P&O,Princess, and NCL as our cruises are spread among all these lines.

Wow you are clever knowing all those dates.We were on a 10 night cruise to the canaries in February 2009 on Brilliance when this occurred. We have now done 42 cruises and have 4 more booked over the next 6 months so I now am fully aware of most things on RCI,P&O,Princess, and NCL as our cruises are spread among all these lines.

WOW! I'm impressed[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And you like asking people what they do for a living.

Uh, no. Pinnacles do not get a free cruise every year! Free cruises depend on number of cruise points only. Never have got an upgrade after becoming Pinnacle. Had 4 in 5 years as D+.

I think you meant year AT SEA (roughly.....about 6 months at sea if sailing in JS or higher). Assuming $100 pp/day, that's a free week cruise for every $70,000 spent or so. Maybe more.