Automatic upgrades for pinnacle members?

I think you meant year AT SEA (roughly.....about 6 months at sea if sailing in JS or higher). Assuming $100 pp/day, that's a free week cruise for every $70,000 spent or so. Maybe more.

Your Complimentary cruise can be added to any length of cruise, not just a 7 day. They just adjust the cruise fare accordingly.

We are Pinnacle and have never been given an upgrade. However, on our 8 day Oasis in November they did call us and offer us a paid for upgrade to the Crown Loft Suite which we took.

We often hear from new cruisers that they got upgraded (free) on the same sailing we are on. I think they give upgrades to newer cruisers to promote return business.

Free cruise- those days are also long gone. When you turn Pinnacle they give you a dollar amount that you can use toward another cruise. The problem is that you the new Pinnacle member doesn't get the cruise at the price online, they re-price it at "their" book price. So our free cruise, was far from free.

After that, every 350 days they give you another set $$ amount.

On our last "free cruise" we were allocated $2400 per cabin. When we compared the cost using our "free" versus booking normally, we really got about %50 of the $2400. Although happy to get even that much, would have preferred RCCL not using tactic.

Thank you for clarifying. What they say on C&A benefits gives an impression of free cruise initially then after every additional 350 cruise points.They seem to move the goalposts when it suits them.We have been upgraded twice from D1 balcony to JS as diamond members My understanding is the upgrade is to the highest grade of cabin type booked.D1 which we booked was highest balcony grade so our upgrade went to JS.If I book a cabin location I specially want I change my upgrade preference to no upgrade because my last upgrade was nice to a JS I really wanted the cabin location I booked and could not change back.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

With the change shown below cruisers are reporting that redeeming the Complimentary Cruise Certificate is now a simpler process and they are able to get a "free" 7 night cruise or apply the $2400 to a longer cruise or non-Caribbean itinerary.

From the RCI website.

PINNACLE COMPLIMENTARY CRUISE UPDATE

As of August 1st, 2016, your complimentary cruise certificate is valid for an up to 7-night Caribbean sailing in a balcony stateroom or $2,400 towards the purchase of a cruise at 700 or 1050 Cruise Points; or an up to 7-night Caribbean sailing in a junior suite or $3,200 towards the purchase of a cruise at 1,400 Cruise Points and above.

With the change shown below cruisers are reporting that redeeming the Complimentary Cruise Certificate is now a simpler process and they are able to get a "free" 7 night cruise or apply the $2400 to a longer cruise or non-Caribbean itinerary.

From the RCI website.

As of August 1st, 2016, your complimentary cruise certificate is valid for an up to 7-night Caribbean sailing in a balcony stateroom or $2,400 towards the purchase of a cruise at 700 or 1050 Cruise Points; or an up to 7-night Caribbean sailing in a junior suite or $3,200 towards the purchase of a cruise at 1,400 Cruise Points and above.

Be aware tho that if RCCL continues to apply their "special" cruise price to that booking, what you really get is much lower than the amount you expect.

Thank you for clarifying. What they say on C&A benefits gives an impression of free cruise initially then after every additional 350 cruise points.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

And that is correct. When you earn your 700th point you will receive a $2400 voucher to be used on a cruise (either a new booking or an existing booking). You will get the same $2400 voucher after you have earned your 1050 points (which is 350 points) and then every 350 points after that you will earn $3200 towards a future cruise.

Be aware tho that if RCCL continues to apply their "special" cruise price to that booking, what you really get is much lower than the amount you expect.

I've been able to apply our first 2 complimentary certificates to already booked cruises. Doing this, we got the full $2400 value and they did not reprice our already booked cruises.

Edited by cruisenfever

And that is correct. When you earn your 700th point you will receive a $2400 voucher to be used on a cruise (either a new booking or an existing booking). You will get the same $2400 voucher after you have earned your 1050 points (which is 350 points) and then every 350 points after that you will earn $3200 towards a future cruise.

I've been able to apply our first 2 complimentary certificates to already booked cruises. Doing this, we got the full $2400 value and they did not reprice our already booked cruises.

That is what we did. Prior Pinnacle's taught us how to play their game.:rolleyes:

We did longer than 7 days both times, so we got the full $2400 but we still had to pay the difference.

Definitely not complaining though. Free money is free money.

We are Pinnacle and have never been given an upgrade. However, on our 8 day Oasis in November they did call us and offer us a paid for upgrade to the Crown Loft Suite which we took.

We often hear from new cruisers that they got upgraded (free) on the same sailing we are on. I think they give upgrades to newer cruisers to promote return business.

Free cruise- those days are also long gone. When you turn Pinnacle they give you a dollar amount that you can use toward another cruise. The problem is that you the new Pinnacle member doesn't get the cruise at the price online, they re-price it at "their" book price. So our free cruise, was far from free.

After that, every 350 days they give you another set $$ amount.

Free cruises???? Who pays your port fees, taxes, and gratuities on a FREE Cruise? I have a whole bunch of FREE cruises from Club Royale but one must still pay all the above....

But better than a sharp stick in the eye....

Free cruises???? Who pays your port fees, taxes, and gratuities on a FREE Cruise? I have a whole bunch of FREE cruises from Club Royale but one must still pay all the above....

But better than a sharp stick in the eye....

Free cruise means "Free Cruise Fare" or the amount of the voucher deducted from the existing cruise fare. We are responsible for port taxes and fees. Gratuities do not have to be applied at the time of booking.

With RCI, nothing is FREE!!:D

That is what we did. Prior Pinnacle's taught us how to play their game.:rolleyes:

We did longer than 7 days both times, so we got the full $2400 but we still had to pay the difference.

Definitely not complaining though. Free money is free money.

Yep, that's the way it works. :)

Free cruise means "Free Cruise Fare" or the amount of the voucher deducted from the existing cruise fare. We are responsible for port taxes and fees. Gratuities do not have to be applied at the time of booking.

With RCI, nothing is FREE!!:D

As I recall, they remove the balcony discount too, right?

And port fees and taxes?? So what is a FREE Cruise ??

I have a two page list of FREE cruises.... LOL

$2400 or $3200 off your total cruise fare "only". They will adjust your cruise fare for Passenger 1 and 2 to reflect the $2400/$3200.

Edited by cruisenfever

Please re-read the following post, it is correct and is what happened when I booked my free cruise two weeks ago. I paid taxes and gratuities, and that was all. Period.

From the RCI website.

Thank you for posting. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

And port fees and taxes?? So what is a FREE Cruise ??

I have a two page list of FREE cruises.... LOL

Never said the cruise was free. I was responding to a specific post concerning gratuities. Why do you insist on being so annoying?

We opted to add prepaid gratuities but we were never told we had to prepay them.

We were advised that they had to be paid.