Automatic upgrades for pinnacle members?

I heard a rumor that someone had a friend who was a pinnacle member. They said their friend always booked inside rooms and because they had so many cruises, 9 out of 10 times they were upgraded to a balcony or better. Any truth to this?

Just wondering if the "rumor" word was upsells (for a price)

I am not a Pinnacle, but reading here on cruise critic I have not heard of that happening.................................

Just saying

Pinnacle members get a free weeks cruise every year.You have to have 700 cruise nights to attain this status so good luck to them, their loyalty normally gives them priority for upgrades anyway.

Pinnacle members get a free cruise every 350 points, starting at 700.

Just wondering if the "rumor" word was upsells (for a price)

I am not a Pinnacle, but reading here on cruise critic I have not heard of that happening.................................

Just saying

No, it was not an upsell. It was more like they purposely booked insides knowing they didn't need to pay the extra because they were going to get upgraded anyway.

I happen to know pinnacles who booked inside cabins and were upgraded to Junior Suites on two cruises that I was on with them. And they did tell me that they always book insides and were frequently upgraded. They also sailed for several months in a row on one ship.

ETA: And this was four years ago.

Edited by Croozin Soozin

Pinnacle members get a free weeks cruise every year.You have to have 700 cruise nights to attain this status so good luck to them, their loyalty normally gives them priority for upgrades anyway.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Everyone seems to think "points" are nights. If you sail as a single in a JS you only need 234 nights. To get 700 points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Yes as a couple you get double points if you are in a suite.Pinnacles get a free cruise on 700 then 1050 and every other 350 points. Either way they have spent a lot of money with RCI and deserve priority upgrades.Pinnacle also have option for cut price upgrades if available.

I happen to know pinnacles who booked inside cabins and were upgraded to Junior Suites on two cruises that I was on with them. And they did tell me that they always book insides and were frequently upgraded. They also sailed for several months in a row on one ship.

ETA: And this was four years ago.

Could it be happening on the smaller ships that are not as popular as other big ships, like for example Majesty??

Maybe they cannot fill the cabins???

I think I would get bored on a boring old ship.

Just saying

Despite the RCCL declaration of priority to free or "up sell" Pinnacles, the truthis once at that level almost never are either offered. In fact a subject often discussed by Pinnacles is that when aboard a ship they learn that much lower levels get them.Also the so called "free" cruise is a misnomer and are awarded at 700 cruise point intervals. Glass blocks are awarded to all cruisers who reach a certain cruise point ( I believe 140)and then every 70 thereafter.

Not many free upgrades as Royal has made an effort to up sell. I've been called by Royal before every one of my cruises in 2016 to pay for an upgrade.

Didn't take it as I pick the right cabin from the beginning.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Talking about Pinacles; cruised on Harmony two weeks ago and we had approx 50 of them. Some of them act so arogant and the weirdest is when they all run around with their golden name tags braging with their status and spreading themselves all over the Suite lounge taking the space away of the passengers that actually bring the revenue to the company.

When you talk to the ship staff they don't think to highly of them either since many gained their status literaly through cruising in inside cabins and figuring out that life on the ship is cheaper than being at home... And they always want everything + for free to of course

At every "loyalty" level there are some people who consider themselves "entitled." Have seen our share of rude/crude/demanding cruisers. Some of the worst can be seen in the hallway berating a cabin steward for something beyond their control or a waiter in the MDR for a perceived imperfection.

Talking about Pinacles; cruised on Harmony two weeks ago and we had approx 50 of them. Some of them act so arogant and the weirdest is when they all run around with their golden name tags braging with their status and spreading themselves all over the Suite lounge taking the space away of the passengers that actually bring the revenue to the company.

When you talk to the ship staff they don't think to highly of them either since many gained their status literaly through cruising in inside cabins and figuring out that life on the ship is cheaper than being at home... And they always want everything + for free to of course

Ohh......this should be good.

lol

1a74fcaeece0d11ce323623771c8f6ea.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

We got a glass block of Harmony when we passed 140 points. It was heavy to take homes with flight weight allowance so gave to cabin steward.We will be diamond plus after next cruise and now Oasis class are not letting D+ into suite lounge so after booking JS to get their it is disappointing that RCI are downgrading this perk.

I will say, the Pinnacles that I spoke with, were very nice...

There were a few who we didn't speak with in the CL....

Did I mention my brother and sister are P's?

Edited by troykahack