Transportation to Palm Court Gardens

tip

Since we have been to St. Kitts before and have taken island tours, we just want to chill out. We will have had multiple beach days on our cruise next month before we get to St. Kitts and want something a little different.

We are interested to going to Palm Court Gardens. We understand that we can get a day pass for $12 pp (US) which will allow us to tour the gardens and give us use of a beautiful infinity pool with a view of the ocean along with restrooms, wifi, an umbrella, and chairs.

I have read that it is ten to fifteen minute walk, but at times we can be somewhat mobility impaired. Is bus or taxi service available and how much would it cost?

There would be taxi service but no bus service. It would be relatively cheap ($10 or so) They do have a restaurant there also. The area that Palm Court is located is called Fortlands. You may have to take the short walk into town to the taxi stand in the Circus.

Edited by paul58
additional information

tip ... We have received our confirmation for January 10, 2017 from Palm Court Gardens.

No deposit was required to reserve ... but we need to be there for 11 AM for them to hold our chairs & umbrella. $12.00 pp to be paid at the bar when we enter.

Reservations aren't required but are strongly suggested.

Under Directions it states: The Taxi fee from the Cruise Terminal to Palms Court is US $5.00 to $8:00.

LuLu

tip ... We have received our confirmation for January 10, 2017 from Palm Court Gardens.

No deposit was required to reserve ... but we need to be there for 11 AM for them to hold our chairs & umbrella. $12.00 pp to be paid at the bar when we enter.

Under Directions it states: The Taxi fee from the Cruise Terminal to Palms Court is US $5.00 to $8:00.

LuLu

Thank you. I made our reservations this afternoon and received the same message although we will be there on the 16th. It looks beautiful and it also looks as though a cab is the way to go!

Thank you. I made our reservations this afternoon and received the same message although we will be there on the 16th. It looks beautiful and it also looks as though a cab is the way to go!

The walk is easy and straightforward, along the sea front, but it is 10-15 mins so if you have problems walking, taxi would be the way to go.

If mobility is an issue you might want to ask for your taxi to return to pick you up, or get front desk to request a return taxi. Just read on another thread that someone had trouble getting a return taxi and had to walk.

Since we had planned to walk there and back anyway I don't have any experience regarding taxis. I don't know if the poster was in st Kitts on a busy day, but just a FYI to allow time for your return.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with poster above about making arrangements with cab driver to pick you up. we didn't do it when we went in December and waited about 10 minutes before one drove by and stopped. Due to mobility issues we couldn't walk back to ship from Palm Court. Other then that it was a perfect day at a wonderful establishment

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I have been to St. Kitts on previous cruises and have done the tours we knew we would enjoy. We really aren't pool/beach people, meaning we enjoy it for a short time, but not all day. I have looked at the Palms Court Gardens and it looks really nice. If we just want to look around there and possibly have lunch and a drink, is it necessary to have a reservation? We aren't opposed to making a reservation, but if it's really not necessary the money could fund more cocktails! Opinions please?!

Also, is there enough shopping, etc. at the cruise pier to keep us amused for a couple of hours? I honestly can't remember what's right there for some reason. Again, any suggestions from all of you would be very appreciated!

My husband and I have been to St. Kitts on previous cruises and have done the tours we knew we would enjoy. We really aren't pool/beach people, meaning we enjoy it for a short time, but not all day. I have looked at the Palms Court Gardens and it looks really nice. If we just want to look around there and possibly have lunch and a drink, is it necessary to have a reservation? We aren't opposed to making a reservation, but if it's really not necessary the money could fund more cocktails! Opinions please?!

Also, is there enough shopping, etc. at the cruise pier to keep us amused for a couple of hours? I honestly can't remember what's right there for some reason. Again, any suggestions from all of you would be very appreciated!

Here is the link

http://www.palmscourtgardens.com/admissions/_opening_times

I don't think a reservation would be necessary just to look round the gardens and have lunch but you could always drop them an email to check. I have always found them to be very good at replying quickly.

As you will see there is a $2 charge for the gardens reimbursed for consumption over $15. It is very nice to look around the location but be advised the "garden" is much smaller than I imagined from the photos online! Nevertheless I think it is worth $2! You can get some nice photos and good views from the pool and roof terrace. We enjoyed our day there last year and are booked to go again next month. The reservations are really to secure a lounger. It is a popular venue with the cruise ship crew.

Here are a couple of videos that may help. The first one takes you round the shops at the port and the second Palm Court Gardens although it misses the actual gardens which are right at the entrance to the property.

I recommend you visit Ottley's Plantation Inn. The grounds are tropical and gorgeous with a nice pathway thru the rainforest. We went there for lunch the last time we were there. Food is VERY good. About a $50-60 cab ride round trip.

c-leg5 & eandj ~ Thanks so much for your information and input on St. Kitts. I am going to check out the videos and the rest of the stuff you both shared. I really appreciate your help and the quick response.

c-leg5 ~ we will be there in February, too. We are sailing on the Carnival Conquest on February 18th. Which ship will you be sailing on? Can't wait to walk on the ship and have a sail away drink!

LuLu

Hi LuLu, how was your day at Palm Court? I was thinking of going there

next week when my cruise stops in St. Kitts....did you walk there or take

a cab?

Hi LuLu, how was your day at Palm Court? I was thinking of going there

next week when my cruise stops in St. Kitts....did you walk there or take

a cab?

Gosh, Lois, we weren't able to go.:(

Our long time cruise pal fell and broke that big bone between her knee & hip.

We had to help the DH get packed because they were being airlifted to FLL for surgery. It was not a good day. Thank goodness they had insurance.

Please let me know how you liked Palm Court because we'll be in St. Kitts again next year.

LuLu

Gosh, Lois, we weren't able to go.:(

Our long time cruise pal fell and broke that big bone between her knee & hip.

We had to help the DH get packed because they were being airlifted to FLL for surgery. It was not a good day. Thank goodness they had insurance.

Please let me know how you liked Palm Court because we'll be in St. Kitts again next year.

LuLu

OMG....so sorry about that:eek::(.....I haven't decided I am 100% going

there but will post when I get back if I go there:)

I recommend you visit Ottley's Plantation Inn. The grounds are tropical and gorgeous with a nice pathway thru the rainforest. We went there for lunch the last time we were there. Food is VERY good. About a $50-60 cab ride round trip.

Second this recommendation. I was married at Ottley's 21 years ago. The same family still owns the inn, and the restaurant is fabulous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk