Two Harmony Questions

1. If we have 6pm seating for MDR, how long typically is service? we will have reservations for some shows at 730pm, so want to see if we will make it.

2. What is the best place to go during embarkation in terms of business. Windjammer, Park Cafe, or Salarium Bistro?

Thanks

1) Depends on the size of your table. If you have a table for two, then you should have no problem finishing dinner in an hour. If you have a table for 10, no way.

2) Not sure what you mean by "in terms of business". Windjammer will be the most crowded, but have the most variety. Solarium Cafe will be lest crowded.

If you tell your waitstaff the night before and remind them again on the night of the show, they will get you out of there on time. We had to be out early 4 times and had no problems. We always had time to spare.

Found the Solarium Bistro the best place to have lunch upon embarkation on both of our Harmony cruises.

1) Depends on the size of your table. If you have a table for two, then you should have no problem finishing dinner in an hour. If you have a table for 10, no way.

2) Not sure what you mean by "in terms of business". Windjammer will be the most crowded, but have the most variety. Solarium Cafe will be lest crowded.

Yes, that is exactly what i was asking, which was less crowded. Business is probably not even a word......lol:D

If you tell your waitstaff the night before and remind them again on the night of the show, they will get you out of there on time. We had to be out early 4 times and had no problems. We always had time to spare.

Found the Solarium Bistro the best place to have lunch upon embarkation on both of our Harmony cruises.

Thanks for the info!!

1. If we have 6pm seating for MDR, how long typically is service? we will have reservations for some shows at 730pm, so want to see if we will make it.

2. What is the best place to go during embarkation in terms of business. Windjammer, Park Cafe, or Salarium Bistro?

Thanks

As someone else mentioned, if you let your wait staff know the night of that you have a show to get to, they will get you out of there in no time. We had to do this one night on our Harmony cruise.

We had lunch at Park Cafe on embarkation day. Avoid the Windjammer at all costs. It's a madhouse in there.

Thanks

On our embarkation day Windjammer, Park Cafe and Solarium Bistro were all extremely crowded.

If you're okay with hot dogs, burgers, and nachos then you might want to check out the Small Bites eatery on Deck 16 (by the sports courts).

On our embarkation day Windjammer, Park Cafe and Solarium Bistro were all extremely crowded.

If you're okay with hot dogs, burgers, and nachos then you might want to check out the Small Bites eatery on Deck 16 (by the sports courts).

Do they have eggs to order for breakfast at the small bites?

I don't k ow about the Harmony but most of the time I request a table of two. Most of the time you are able to leave the MDR in an hour or 1-15 min but I had a cruise once that the waiter was super slow and basically I had the salad 45 mins after seating on time in my table.

We always go to the windjammer on day 1 but I have to tell you that I board the ship as soon as they lets us board. An hour after that is a mad house at the windjammer but can't recommend you alternatives since I don't know them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We made reservations for a speciality dining package and you cannot book a show that is less then two hours after your dinner reservations-on line. Not sure what you can do on-board. Apparently the computer will not let you pre register for a show.

Is 2 hours necessary for dinner? I do not know.

Thanks

That's going to be tight, because you will want to get to the shows well before the starting time of 7:30.

I prefer Solarium Bistro on boarding day, but it depends on when you board. I don't think that it opens until noon.

If you at boarding between 11:00 and 11:30 and make your way to the WJ by 11:30 it's fine, no problems getting a table. After 12:00 forget about it.

Harmony doesn't start boarding until 11:15, at least that has been the case lately and the way it was for our sailing. And of course they start with suite classes, then by C&A status.

Lynn & Ken

Do they have eggs to order for breakfast at the small bites?

Not that I saw. But the Windjammer on Harmony has a fried egg station which also did simple omelets. In Windjammer the line was always fairly quick for fried eggs.

That's going to be tight, because you will want to get to the shows well before the starting time of 7:30.

I prefer Solarium Bistro on boarding day, but it depends on when you board. I don't think that it opens until noon.

Correct, Solarium Bistro opens at noon on boarding day.

Harmony doesn't start boarding until 11:15, at least that has been the case lately and the way it was for our sailing. And of course they start with suite classes, then by C&A status.

Lynn & Ken

11:00, 11:15 it doesn't really matter if you are in the first group boarding. Even if you are the last of the groups to board once they start boarding and you head right up to the WJ you will have no problem getting a seat.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

11:00, 11:15 it doesn't really matter if you are in the first group boarding. Even if you are the last of the groups to board once they start boarding and you head right up to the WJ you will have no problem getting a seat.

I hear what you are saying, but our experience was that they didn't start boarding until 11:15 and that was for suites and then from the top of c&a down. We got to check in fairly early (about 10:15) and we were upstairs in the holding area around 10:30 ish but we didn't get called and on board until close to noon, and we even jumped in to board before we should have because we didn't hear what they were calling.

Lynn & Ken