Disembarkation -- Oasis -- Port Canaveral

SherriZ366

Darn, we forgot to add the automatic retrieval package to our vehicle!!:p Maybe you can pick us all up?;)

Oh John, you do realize that I was being sarcastic, don't you?:rolleyes: Or did you just want to make me sweat?:o Thanks for the advice!;)

Could someone who has disembarked from Oasis in Port Canaveral tell me what it was like? We have not sailed on this class of ship before. Thanks

Sherri...remind me and I will let you know how our disembarkation went on

our 1/22/17 cruise.

But then again, we don't park there since we use Park n Cruise off Banana River

drive. Still have to lug the luggage out to the shuttles, however.

Oh John, you do realize that I was being sarcastic, don't you?:rolleyes: Or did you just want to make me sweat?:o Thanks for the advice!;)

Oops, I'm sorry, must have gotten tied up. Pesky work. I'll be your private uber driver, no worries. Unless I'm onboard with my lovely bride. ;)

Sherri...remind me and I will let you know how our disembarkation went on

our 1/22/17 cruise.

But then again, we don't park there since we use Park n Cruise off Banana River

drive. Still have to lug the luggage out to the shuttles, however.

Thanks Pat -- will do. Funny how we always have the sames ships booked but different weeks.

Thanks Pat -- will do. Funny how we always have the sames ships booked but different weeks.

Yeah, we are just missing each other on our Oasis cruise. :(

We are on Serenade when you are on Oasis in Feb.

One of these days we will get it right! ;)

Edited by island lady

Just disembarked Oasis this morning and it took longer than any other port we've been to. We did self carry off at about 7:00 AM and the lines were huge. They actually had to hold people in the promenade to wait for the gangway to clear. All in all it wasn't too bad but we did joke that it took us longer to get off the ship than it did to drive to the airport.

Also just off the OA today and had the longest disembarkation on one of those ships that we have ever had. It took an hour from cabin to get thru Customs. I thought maybe there would not be as many using self assist since this was a heavily family oriented holiday sailing WRONG!!:eek:

Also just off the OA today and had the longest disembarkation on one of those ships that we have ever had. It took an hour from cabin to get thru Customs. I thought maybe there would not be as many using self assist since this was a heavily family oriented holiday sailing WRONG!!:eek:

Sorry your cruise is over, but welcome back.:)

Just disembarked Oasis this morning and it took longer than any other port we've been to. We did self carry off at about 7:00 AM and the lines were huge. They actually had to hold people in the promenade to wait for the gangway to clear. All in all it wasn't too bad but we did joke that it took us longer to get off the ship than it did to drive to the airport.

And believe me, I know what you mean. We (my wife and I) did the 'self assist' with our one suitcase apiece and one carryon. As I've mentioned here in CC before we had one group of four who decided to do the same (SA) and had 6 large steamer trunks and as many suitcases :( So much luggage, that it filled up a wheeled luggage carrier. Then the idiot adult male was literally screaming at the Carnival rep,' We NEED some help HERE!!'. Of course people just ignored the moron, but the Carnival rep said politely she'd get another porter, with a luggage carrier to try and divide the load. I muttered to my wife, ' I guess he's to ignorant to read the directions about not too do the SA when you have that much luggage, or thinks he's above the rules'. Saw a few of those on debarkation day. They're usually the same ones who loudly complain about WHY is it taking SOOO long to get off the ship. :(

Mac

I think today's cruise might be an anomaly and people were anxious to get off the ship and onto their Christmas destinations. But it was smooth and orderly and there weren't long cab/shuttle lines. I am already back in Atlanta and it's not even noon :)

We got held for a while right inside the terminal before the ramps.

Any tip on how to best disembark with a 2y.o. and a 4 y.o. along with a few pieces of luggage?

I would leave my bags out the night before and just do the regular disembarkation. The stories above are for self assist where you carry your own bags off the ship

We disembarked this morning too. We each had a wheelchair thus we sailed thru the process. Unfortunately they say they are not permitted to leave the terminal so we had to wheel luggage to end of garage to meet Port Canaveral Park van. We departed cabin at 8:20 and were on way to Orlando before 9 and home in Citrus County on west coast before noon. We stopped for gas and also to pick our cat up at the vets from her vacation at the Kitty Condo.

Now if I just had someone to prepare dinner.

Grace