Do you upload your photo or take it at port?

MaiseyM

I sail in a week. I didn't upload my photos in April, but this time they are asking/suggesting I upload my own photo. I'm not feeling it. Too much work with a family of five. It can't take that much longer for them to take the photo there, right?

SetSail Pass:

"PLEASE TAKE OR UPLOAD PHOTO TO AVOID BOARDING DELAYS."

What ship are you on? I sail on Liberty in 9 days. They haven't asked us to upload anything, so I think it's only certain ships. Not sure that it would be that much longer in the boarding process. Especially if a lot of other cruisers upload pics!

What ship are you on? I sail on Liberty in 9 days. They haven't asked us to upload anything, so I think it's only certain ships. Not sure that it would be that much longer in the boarding process. Especially if a lot of other cruisers upload pics!

She sails on the Harmony.

For Anthem, I didn't upload photos. It only took an extra couple of seconds to do it at the port.

For what it's worth, several people who did upload their photos needed to have it retaken at the port anyway.

Only on Quantum class and Harmony do you have the option to upload photos.

I did it because they take terrible photos. Just had each person stand in front of a white wall. Took the pictures and uploaded them. I used a passport photo as a reference for where their heads/shoulders should be.

It was easy. You don't have to do it though.

We were on Harmony in September out of Barcelona and asked to upload photos.I rang RCI and they said it was okay so when we arrived we saw one of the agents who were walking around checking people in and they duly checked us in and took our photos.Within 5 minutes we were on our way to get on the ship.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

You can use the web cam on your electronic device to take your photographs as part of the on line check in. Just select the "Take Photo" button. You can crop and centralize your picture as part of the procedure to get a correct heads and shoulders shot.

I just did this for the third time using my laptop computer for the four of us who are on an Anthem cruise in 4 weeks time. It very easy to do it this way. Just make sure you do this with a neutral back ground. I used the white ceiling as our back ground but a light neutral colored wall would do also.

Also it's easy to re-take the shot if you don't like the appearance of your previous shot. DW wanted several re-takes before she was satisfied with the results of her glamour shot. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Here the first screen one gets when you click on the "Take Photo" button in your online check in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=400285&d=1482011363

Click on continue and you go to this screen. Click on the ALLOW button and simply take the shot. Center it if necessary and click on "SAVE AS SECURITY PHOTO"

attachment.php?attachmentid=400286&d=1482011363

It takes less than a minute to do it this way and you can see the results immediately.

SecPic.jpg.577e60a6758c277bfae467921ea8f7aa.jpg

SecPic02.jpg.a2d48e3bde9efdd567571a3ddfea682f.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

On Anthem we did it at the port. Took less 5 mins

The security pictures that have been taken after travelling with a very early start on the day of or after doing an overnight flight to get to our cruise really look great. :rolleyes:

That's why we no longer bother having boarding shots taken by the ship's photographer when this is what we have done to get to a cruise. :D

Thank you all! I am sure the process online is easy, but getting my whole family to sit down at one time and take photos is more work than I care to put into the process. It's the gathering of people when the screen is up that is the hassle. I think I'll wait until I'm there since it doesn't sound like it will set us behind too much in time. Leaving on Harmony of the Seas this coming Saturday.