Mmmmm BEER!!!!

Huppe

Some of the Pub Lunch stuff is actually in cans.

On Alaska cruises you will find some Alaska Brewing Company beers. If you are a beer snob you likely won't find anything that floats your boat. My wife and I don't drink beer on Princess as a rule because there is nothing really worth drinking.

I know I've had Bass Ale from most of the bars, unless it's changed in the past year or so...

Below is a list of beers shown on the Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet but it doesn't show the Alaska Brewing Company beers from the Alaska cruises nor does it include the newer Seawitch "craft" beers.

• Bass Ale
  • Beck's
  • Blue Moon
  • Budweiser 16oz Aluminum
  • Bud Light 16oz Aluminum
  • Buckler Non-Alcoholic
  • Coors Light
  • Dos Equis
  • Grolsch Swing-Top
  • Guinness
  • Heineken
  • Miller Lite
  • Miller Genuine Draft
  • Stella Artois

Stronbow Cider is also available

Edited by Thrak

Some of the Pub Lunch stuff is actually in cans.

On Alaska cruises you will find some Alaska Brewing Company beers. If you are a beer snob you likely won't find anything that floats your boat. My wife and I don't drink beer on Princess as a rule because there is nothing really worth drinking.

We are with you, Thrak!

Cheers, Denise

The new seat itch line is pretty drinkable actually especially on a hot day. Not uber craft, but way better than the offerings in the past. Commissioned by local craft breweries who make the beer for Princess. On an uber hot sea day on the pool deck Dos XX is passable for me.

Edited by NeurosurgeryNP

The best deal on beer is the buy 1 @ regular price, get the 2nd for $1. I think that happens twice a day and is listed in the Patter.

I'm okay with the beer on board. I'm not a craft beer fan. I prefer my beer made in giant factories by skilled Union workmen, not by bearded hipsters in an abandoned warehouse.

The best deal on beer is the buy 1 @ regular price, get the 2nd for $1. I think that happens twice a day and is listed in the Patter.

I'm okay with the beer on board. I'm not a craft beer fan. I prefer my beer made in giant factories by skilled Union workmen, not by bearded hipsters in an abandoned warehouse.

The "buy one and get one for $1" or BOGO$1 is offered normally in the afternoon from 3:00 - 4:00 in a bar like the Wheelhouse Bar although our last cruise it was offered in the lounge. It also is offered from 11:00 - midnight in Skywalkers but that time I have seen changed to 10:00 - 11:00 PM in Skywalkers so the moral is to always check the Patter for the time and location. It is good for any drink the bar sells. It is not a bad deal if you don't mind waiting for the happy hours. You can drink the libation anywhere on the ship after you purchase it at the appointed location.

Warning: BOGO$1 in the afternoon can be extremely crowded and therefore slow service. They usually have at least three bartenders filling drink orders as fast as they can pour/open them in my experience.

Edited by satxdiver

Unfortunately, not any more! They quit serving Alaskan Brewing Co. beers when they introduced their own SeaWitch beers. They had Denali Red and IPA. I thought both were pretty awful! We bought some Alaskan Amber in our first port.

Last year we sailed HAL and they have a wide variety of Alaskan Brewing Co. beers. We really enjoyed it, especially since we got the free beverage package when we booked. We will be on Princess again this summer and will miss having decent beer onboard!

My husband is a card-carrying beer snob. On our first cruise last September he was lured with the promise of Alaskan beers onboard. He found them replaced with Sea Witch He would just tolerate Alaskan Brewery beers; Sea Witch was offensive.

We had signed on for a British Isles cruise just before. He was, of course, thinking Guinness or Scottish or British ales. Apparently not going to happen.

He got used to drinking red wine on the Alaskan sojourn. He will have to do the same in May However there are more port days on this cruise so he can hit the pubs on terra firma. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearded hipsters in an abandoned warehouse? In my home town (Chico, CA) is the Sierra Nevada Brewery. State of the art copper stuff. Big building. Fantastic music venue. Awarded by the state as totally "green". (Even the water used to wash the trucks and all of the "waste" from brewing is used elsewhere.) They generate all of the electricity they use. They just built a big new facility in Mills River, NC. Since it is local we get many beers that don't make it into the major market. Some of them are fantastic.

Many countries have purity laws for beer. Water, Barley, Hops, and Yeast are the only things allowed in your product if you want to call it beer. Budweiser, etc. have up to 50 additives. It is more properly described as "swill" rather than as "beer". Just because some of us prefer real beer to industrial "whatever" doesn't mean we are some sort of weirdos.

Wherever we travel my wife and I sample the locally produced beer. Some of it is excellent. A few times it has been "less than good" if I describe it in charitable terms. Good beer is wonderful. Mass produced stuff... Not only not wonderful but really not even good at all.

Sierra Nevada has been covered in Forbes - not exactly a sleazy production. My wife and I have enjoyed excellent beers in many places. The tiny town of Talkeetna Alaska has some really excellent beers. They are not produced by "bearded hipsters in abandoned warehouses". Sheesh...

Edited by Thrak

My husband is a card-carrying beer snob. On our first cruise last September he was lured with the promise of Alaskan beers onboard. He found them replaced with Sea Witch He would just tolerate Alaskan Brewery beers; Sea Witch was offensive.

We had signed on for a British Isles cruise just before. He was, of course, thinking Guinness or Scottish or British ales. Apparently not going to happen.

He got used to drinking red wine on the Alaskan sojourn. He will have to do the same in May However there are more port days on this cruise so he can hit the pubs on terra firma. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have Guinness onboard. Also Boddingtons, Bass Ale and Newcastle.

They have Guinness onboard. Also Boddingtons, Bass Ale and Newcastle.

The only 2 out of them I'd consider drinking would be Guiness and Newcastle Brown(correct name). Boddingtons used to be a decent beer until it got took over by the corporate giants and they moved the brewery. And Bass Ale, don't even know why Princess still sell this, can't remember the last time I actually saw it for sale in a British pub.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

I really wish Princess would step up the beer selection. Adding the sea witch beer was a weak idea that I'm sure someone in marketing thought was great because "everyone has their own beer now".

I think it comes down to the profit margin on some of the better craft brews just isn't there.

I would gladly substitute my one bottle of wine for a 6-12 pack of good beer.

I really wish Princess would step up the beer selection. Adding the sea witch beer was a weak idea that I'm sure someone in marketing thought was great because "everyone has their own beer now".

I think it comes down to the profit margin on some of the better craft brews just isn't there.

I would gladly substitute my one bottle of wine for a 6-12 pack of good beer.

100% agree. We were recently on RCI Liberty of the Seas, and the selection was wonderful. I am disappointed regarding our upcoming Alaska cruise with Princess. I have the unlimited package. May be time to experiment with those mixed drinks.:rolleyes:

...I think it comes down to the profit margin on some of the better craft brews just isn't there....

I think you are correct. A 1/2 barrel of Bell's Two Hearted Ale goes for $180. Bud or Busch Light $60, sometimes on special for $50. They would have to adjust the AIBP price if the beer served was 3 or 4 times the cost.

I for one, would be willing to pay $$$ for a "decent" IPA. Fortunately they do serve Dalwhinee and Remy XO so all is not lost.

100% agree. We were recently on RCI Liberty of the Seas, and the selection was wonderful. I am disappointed regarding our upcoming Alaska cruise with Princess. I have the unlimited package. May be time to experiment with those mixed drinks.:rolleyes:

RCI is definitely on a better path but still has work to do. We were on the Oasis in August and the selection was better but still not quite there, I found myself pretty burnt out on the selection early in the week. Even if they began adding some of the more commercial "craft" beers if you can call them that (Sam Adams (not Boston Lager...thinking more like Rebel IPA), Legunitas, New Belgium, Anchor Brewing, etc.) it would make a huge difference.

Unfortunately everything revolves around the profit margin... leaving the low ABV standard and lite/light beers for mass consumption. As you said yourself, if you want something better, you resort to mixed drinks where margins are through the roof = Cruse Line +1: you 0 and they know it.

Edited by PensFan1028