Weird Question: Is "O'Sheehan's" a word play of the word "Oceans"?

zaknzoey

Just off Dawn on Friday.

We ate at O'Sheehan's several times. While I was there one day, I thought about this.

Is O'Sheehan's specific to NCL? Not a land based chain, right?

I just wondered if they named it that as a play on words of the word "Oceans." :o

Your thoughts? :D

Just off Dawn on Friday.

We ate at O'Sheehan's several times. While I was there one day, I thought about this.

I just wondered if they named it that as a play on words of the word "Oceans." :o

Kevin Sheehan was the boss of NCL when these venues appeared on the newer ships, starting with Epic. Possibly it also could be a play on the word "oceans" depending on how much you have had to drink while you are there. :D

Edited by ColinIllinois

Kevin Sheehan was the boss of NCL when these venues appeared on the newer ships, starting with Epic.

Ahh........

I did not know it had to do with anyone's name. I googled this recently and the only sites I found that had that name in it were NCL sites or cruise related sites, all talking about the restaurant. I wasn't aware that there was an actual person with this name.

Thanks!

Yes, and I think Frankies is probably already copyrighted.

O'Sheehans (Ocean) is bigger than a Blue Lagoon perhaps?

First time I came across O'Sheehans was on the Epic in early 2013 and it was an unfamiliar sight at first as at the time, Blue Lagoon was on the other ships. Fast forward almost 4 years, O'Sheehan is on every ship now. No lie, I kinda long for the old Blue Lagoon now and its wonton soup.

First time I came across O'Sheehans was on the Epic in early 2013 and it was an unfamiliar sight at first as at the time, Blue Lagoon was on the other ships. Fast forward almost 4 years, O'Sheehan is on every ship now. No lie, I kinda long for the old Blue Lagoon now and its wonton soup.

It is on most NCL ships, not all. We just got off the Jade, and the Blue Lagoon still exists on that ship. No plans for O'Sheehan's on the Jade. But it does go into Dry Dock in March so we will see what changes will be made:)

It is on most NCL ships, not all. We just got off the Jade, and the Blue Lagoon still exists on that ship. No plans for O'Sheehan's on the Jade. But it does go into Dry Dock in March so we will see what changes will be made:)

Yes, there are plans, have been for a long time already. Moving Moderno to deck 13 and converting Blue Lagoon to O'Sheehans is part of NCL's Edge initiative that has been already completed on her sister ships and Jade is just the last one to go to the dry dock.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-norwegian-edge

I miss the wonton soup too. The O'Sheehan's soup is meh. But overall I prefer O'Sheehan's. Just wish they kept the 24 hr. breakfast selections and the brownie sundae.

Just off Dawn on Friday.

Is O'Sheehan's specific to NCL? Not a land based chain, right? That is correct

They named it after Kevin Sheehan

My thoughts are above in RED

I don't know how true this is, but we were told by some members of staff that most crew just call it Oceans because so many of them struggle to pronounce O'Sheehans correctly that they just don't bother trying so behind the scenes on some ships it's just called Oceans.

Just off Dawn on Friday.

Only if you're from Conway, Arkansas and talk funny.

I remember asking which main dining room was open for lunch as I boarded the Epic once. The woman said "Taste or Oceans" and I was all confused as I knew the Epic didn't have a restaurant named Ocean's. Walked by O'Sheehan's and realized what she was trying to say.

We got off the Gem yesterday and I mentioned in an earlier post how I kept thinking the crew was calling it "Oceans" too. I think it is just easier for them to pronounce.