Spa-disaster on Reflection ..Buyer Beware!

Z3RACERGIRL

Well, in my case it wasn't really necessary due to the snorers and the couples who bickered. At other times when I actually could enjoy them, the loungers weren't full anyway I never saw any signed in the Equinox back in 2013 and 2014. Maybe the time limit signs are on the Reflection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know there are signs on Silhouette, Reflection, Eclipse and Solstice for a fact...

I am pretty sure Equinox is no exception.

Granted, the signs are not as prominent as they obviously should be!

But then again, we never had a problem getting a lounger.

Edited by Miaminice

I know there are signs on Silhouette, Reflection, Eclipse and Solstice for a fact...

I am pretty sure Equinox is no exception.

Granted, the signs are not as prominent as they obviously should be!

But then again, we never had a problem getting a lounger.

Well, it has never been a problem for me as I've never stayed for longer than 30 minutes.

The "I'm Elite and therefore I'm entitled" attitude really disgusts me.

You beat me to it!

As a regular suite guest, I now know that if I need a heated lounger in the spa I will need to send the butler to sit on one for me until I breeze in. If I get any of that "Elite+" nonsense, I'll just point that I'm paying mega moolah and entitled to have the entire ship bend to my will. I'll lay there all day until my skin dries out like a prune, cackling at how I'm so much more worthy.

It strikes me that all of this is simply price maximization by Canyon Ranch to the detriment of the pax. With any finite resource, booking time slots is the obvious way to manage the asset. They wouldn't book you a massage with no fixed time and then expect you to race to get face down on the bed before some Elite+ exercises their sense of entitlement and gets a nine hour massage. Why can't they do the same with the rest of the spa resources?

You beat me to it!

As a regular suite guest, I now know that if I need a heated lounger in the spa I will need to send the butler to sit on one for me until I breeze in. If I get any of that "Elite+" nonsense, I'll just point that I'm paying mega moolah and entitled to have the entire ship bend to my will. I'll lay there all day until my skin dries out like a prune, cackling at how I'm so much more worthy.

-------------

Finally!! Someone got my humor. If I ever am on the same cruise with you, we will have to have a martini together. We can send your butler for them.

This whole thread is very discouraging. What is the matter with us as a supposed "civil society?"

I understand why some people think they have a right to use the loungers as long as they want (Aqua, Elite+, those who purchase a pass). I usually travel in Aqua. They make a valid point. But just as the buffet seating is not designed as a game room, the PG is not designed as a daytime sleeping room, that is what your stateroom is for. And there are plenty of other unique spaces on a ship to find peace, solitude, and relaxation rather than spending all day in the PG.

Isn't there a compromise here somewhere? If you are using the loungers and there are vacant ones, stay there as long as you like. If you are using a lounger and they are all occupied and you have been there 30/45 minutes and someone walks in, why not offer your lounger to them? It is a common courtesy and you will make someone very happy. Making someone else happy just might make you happy.

There is too much "I, mine, me" in our society today from PG loungers to buffet seating, to pool furniture, to automobile etiquette, to queuing in line, to just plain trying to share and get along. Look at the increased incidence of road rage today. And I am too often just as guilty as the next person.

We can all continue to scratch and claw our way through life trying to get every advantage and privilege that we think is due us. Or we can go through life trying to live by the religious principles taught in every religion and non-religion. Why not "pay it forward" by doing something good for someone and maybe they will do something good for someone else and eventually it will come full circle back to you and the day you walk into the PG and it s full, someone will say, "I have been here quite a while, please take my lounger." It is contagious.

I am so grateful I am able to enjoy cruising a couple of times a year that I enjoy each and every single day of my cruise despite some possible minor disappointments, or my food wasn't hot enough, or there wasn't enough bartenders, or I only got to spend 30 minutes on the PG lounger. Come on fellow passengers in life, we can be better than what we are. Think about it. And let it start with me, El Crucero. The choice is within each one of us.

Looks nice..Canyon Ranch spa on QM 2 looked a bit more like this..treatments and service were awesome. Original PG were innovative but on M class need an update..and they should have retained the real T pools like they had on Mercury...

I also think the kept on too many Steiner employees..esp as mgrs....just not the same approach to spa experience...but have enjoyed the treatments so far

Those T pools on the C class ships were wonderful, although not as pretty as the ones in the posted photos. They were much better than those originally on M class ships.

I wouldn't necessarily blame sleeping passengers. Have none of you ever just fallen asleep without intending to? "I'm gonna close my eyes for 5 minutes" and then wake up an hour later? The fault lies squarely on the staff, who should be enforcing time limits as warranted, even if that means waking up someone who has fallen asleep. Same could be done for someone who is snoring. The staff are probably gun-shy about being bitched at, but it is their job.

I was sharing this story with a friend of mine. She reminded me of our experience.

We had cruised, several years ago, on HAL. We both got the unlimited spa pass. You could not just walk into the relaxation room or any other area of the spa. You had to check in with the desk. At that point, you were given access to the relaxation area. The attendant very politely told you that the loungers could be used for 30 minutes at a time. Please be considerate of other passengers and respect that time frame. There was also a sign on the door that said the same thing. We never had an issue and we never saw anyone overstaying the time limit, even when there were loungers available.

It requires a little effort on the part of the person at the spa desk, but it should be part of the job. If Aqua passengers had to go check in thru the desk, rather than just use their key card to get to the relaxation room, this message could be politely delivered.

The "I'm Elite and therefore I'm entitled" attitude really disgusts me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The reading comprehension on this board is remarkable. The poster did not say that he is "elite and therefore entitled." Use of the Persian Gardens is a perk that comes with elite status. It is a loyalty program. He's earned it. Therefore he is permitted to use the facility free of charge. Do you not use the miles you may earn from your credit card? Do you not use the cash back incentives that you may earn? What about the 12th free car wash after paying for 10? It's the same thing. So yes, he is entitled and we were entitled (by virtue of paying for AQ class) to use the facilities. It isn't much of a perk if the facility isn't available. If there is a demand, then the spa should not sell additional day passes beyond the facility's capacity. Your comment, on its face, smacks of sour grapes.

I usually sale Aqua and have very much enjoyed the heated loungers in the past. Unfortunately my experience on the last couple of cruises is turning me off.

Yes, I am griping about the spa guests who glue themselves to the heated loungers, sleep/snore and pass gas for hours.

Off topic but I feel better. Maybe not as good as the aforementioned, but better:)

Happy Holidays!

How perfectly perfect that you do not snore or fart. Do you also object to observing less than perfect bodies in swim suits?:confused:

The reading comprehension on this board is remarkable. The poster did not say that he is "elite and therefore entitled." Use of the Persian Gardens is a perk that comes with elite status. It is a loyalty program. He's earned it. Therefore he is permitted to use the facility free of charge. Do you not use the miles you may earn from your credit card? Do you not use the cash back incentives that you may earn? What about the 12th free car wash after paying for 10? It's the same thing. So yes, he is entitled and we were entitled (by virtue of paying for AQ class) to use the facilities. It isn't much of a perk if the facility isn't available. If there is a demand, then the spa should not sell additional day passes beyond the facility's capacity. Your comment, on its face, smacks of sour grapes.

You missed the context of the post if you don't know the sentiment that was being expressed (which the poster has since admitted was a joke/comment on the entitlement attitude).

The nuance you're missing with the rest of your argument is that a pass is to a facility with many features. It is not a pass that guarantees access to a heated lounger whenever you want to use one. That doesn't excuse rude treatment by the manager, but the fact of the matter is that you cannot buy a guaranteed spot on one of those loungers.

I disagree with you. I am Elite+, earned my status through many enjoyable cruises, and if I want to read my book and take a snooze on a heated lounger - I am going to do it! If you want the lounger, just arrive earlier.

If you were joking / being sarcastic then I apologize for my earlier comment. Perhaps I just have a poor nose for sarcasm, but the above does read like your opinion to me.

Finally!! Someone got my humor. If I ever am on the same cruise with you, we will have to have a martini together. We can send your butler for them.

And they say Americans don't get irony. :rolleyes: I wish you'd explain it to some more of your countrymen, who by the look of subsequent posts still don't get it.

Martinis are a deal but DW will have to fetch them. The butler will be hogging a hot bed in the spa for me.

If you were joking / being sarcastic then I apologize for my earlier comment. Perhaps I just have a poor nose for sarcasm, but the above does read like your opinion to me.

I saw nothing in the post to suspect sarcasm or a joke...

We return to the cabin in the afternoon if we need a nap,..esp since dh snores..

We return to the cabin in the afternoon if we need a nap,..esp since dh snores..

I used to snore until I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. Snoring is usually a definite sign of this condition. The diagnosis and subsequent treatment has made a world of difference for me. You might suggest that DH discuss this with his physician.

And they say Americans don't get irony. :rolleyes: I wish you'd explain it to some more of your countrymen, who by the look of subsequent posts still don't get it.

Martinis are a deal but DW will have to fetch them. The butler will be hogging a hot bed in the spa for me.

Irony? Sure they understand it - they elected Donald Trump, didn't they?

LIKE [emoji16]

There were 4 of us there, three different technicians, not one of them mentioned the policy. One of our travelers actually booked a service, and not once did they tell them; we were all standing there. The first time we attempted to cancel the service, we went in with open expectations. However, having spent a total of about 10 years in the hospitality industry (including a 5 star private club/spa) I know how a manager is to approach these situations. However, Vivian felt her god complex and thought that because she had a british accent that she could pull a fast one. We are not talking about re-booking a treatment for another time. We are talking about someone was injured on the boat, and therefore could not receive a deep tissue massage.

A refund would be the easiest and less hassle, but if this failed I would claim the non refundable expense through my travel insurance due to the injury.

Do you not use the cash back incentives that you may earn? What about the 12th free car wash after paying for 10? It's the same thing.

My only question is, what happened to that 11th car wash?:confused:

We have sailed Aqua class on our last 3 Celebrity cruises, are Elite Status, and have yet been able to use the Persian Garden.

On one cruise, my husband had a seat for a few minutes after his massage.

I joined him by taking the chair next to him after my massage.

Within 5 minutes a couple emerged from the sauna claiming the chairs we had were theirs.

We left as we did not want to cause a scene.

Celebrity needs to do a better job on limiting the usage time or discontinue promoting it as an Aqua class "perk"/selling PG chair usage.

We have sailed Aqua class on our last 3 Celebrity cruises, are Elite Status, and have yet been able to use the Persian Garden.

On one cruise, my husband had a seat for a few minutes after his massage.

I joined him by taking the chair next to him after my massage.

Within 5 minutes a couple emerged from the sauna claiming the chairs we had were theirs.

We left as we did not want to cause a scene.

Celebrity needs to do a better job on limiting the usage time or discontinue promoting it as an Aqua class "perk"/selling PG chair usage.

and how were the chairs theirs??? I would not move!! I would have said .. "These are for everyone to use . Perhaps there is a private room with your chairs"

I was on the same cruise as the OP.

I was shown right into the rooms with the heated loungers - about half were not being used - and had a very nice, relaxing time catching up on a Tom Clancy book on my Nook and taking a well deserved snooze.

When I was ready to leave, there were still a few loungers being unused. Those heated loungers really are relaxing.

Same experience for me on on the 11/26 Reflection sailing - I bought the week long pass, and never had issue on getting a chair, maybe had to wait 10 minutes in the sauna or steam room nearby to wait for someone to move, but nothing extraordinary.

Glad I read this thread. I've often been tempted to purchase a spa pass but most likely won't bother on celebrity. On lines where only the limited number of spa passes sold allows access are manageable, but with aqua, elite status and spa pass purchasers, it sounds like it could get quite full.

As far as a time limit on the loungers, that seems perfectly reasonable. Would be super easy to implement, simply put a dial timer on to access heat. After 30 minutes it turns off as a reminder that your time is up. The machines in limited supply at my gym have 30 minute limits on them... purchasing access to an area doesn't give you unlimited access to the equipment.