Chat Thread!!

DanFromSyd

Either of the pools are a good outside area - as is the adult only area on the Sun deck - a good place to go and get away from your nephew!

The lido pool area (centre of deck 10) has a bit more sun protection - the Outback pool area (aft on Deck 10) is very exposed.

One of the unfortuate things about the limited deck area is that it limits the space for the Island Night party, which on our cruise was held around the lido pool - although you can get a good view of the action by stading above on the Verandah deck and looking down.

On Pacific Sky the Island party was held on the aft promenade deck where there was plenty of room to spread out.

Kym

Sweet im glad to hear the atmosphere is the same.

Yeah i think ill miss the prominade deck, but looking at the plans i think ill be hanging out by the outback pool.

Dan

island night is one of the theme nights, everyone (well most) dress up in hawaiian outfits, and it has a tropical feel. Usually a tropical band and music, cocktails and everyone dancing out on the back deck by the pool.

I think if the weather is warm the pools stay open and its great fun!

Dan

island night is one of the theme nights, everyone (well most) dress up in hawaiian outfits, and it has a tropical feel. Usually a tropical band and music, cocktails and everyone dancing out on the back deck by the pool.

I think if the weather is warm the pools stay open and its great fun!

Dan

Cool sounds like fun!:)

It is i think the island night and the formal nights are the best.

I loved wearing my suit (which is weird cause i wear suits all the time) and dancing the night away with everyone.

Plus the girls looked fantastic in their cocktail and evening dresses!!

I was going to wear a sarong and coca-nut bra for the island night, but couldnt convince brad to join me, so i chickened out..

My do it this time!

Dan

It is i think the island night and the formal nights are the best.

I loved wearing my suit (which is weird cause i wear suits all the time) and dancing the night away with everyone.

Plus the girls looked fantastic in their cocktail and evening dresses!!

I was going to wear a sarong and coca-nut bra for the island night, but couldnt convince brad to join me, so i chickened out..

My do it this time!

Dan

Yeah I'm looking forward to the formal nights, I love dressing up!I can't wait!:)

haha wear the sarong and bra next time for sure, and don't chicken out!

umm thanks aussie... i think...

it will depend how comfortable im feeling by island night if its mid - end of the 10 nights id say the cocanut bra is a goer if its the 3rd night i probably wont.. dont want to scare off all the passengers.

I guess it depends how "quiet" me and brad are. we tend to make a bit of a name for ourselves (or have on the last 2 cruises) and people appreciate the humor (i think).

If i do there will be photo's and ill post them on here for everyone to laugh at...

dan

Hey Karen,

not much just got back from the pub. Thought i'd check my work email before bed and seemed to end up here.. funny same thing happens at work. got my booking confirmation from P&O today. Now i have to pay them some money...bugger.

Which reminds me, whats the best way to pay? EFT transfer or CC. They mentioned a 1% CC fee? I havent paid this before?

And stupid P&O dont include payment options on their booking forms? Its like they dont want to get paid....

Dan

I paid mine off over several months and just took either cash or chq to TA. Our final payment, I paid by EFT. How was the Moorebank Hotel? Do you drive home or catch a cab? It's a bit of a bugger when you have to drive.

BTW what's happend to Brad? Did we scare him off?

These Aussies are so damn close to scoring, I wish they would JUST DO IT!

Kaz

yeah I have to pay mine all at once as we are closer then 60 days to sailing..

Moorebank pub was great. The food is absolutely fantastic.

I drive but I dont mind as its more the social thing rather then having 10 beers on a wednesday night. So i just have a beer (sometimes 2) and drive home after dinner and a chat.

Brad has been away on business this week. He gets home tonight I think.

I'll have to hassle him to get on here again..

Go AUSTRALIA!!

Night all.

Dan

We just nearly scored again. I'm not even an Aussie you know. Not yet anyway. I was born in England and I have decided to become an Aussie. I had my interview with the immigration dept 4 weeks ago and they told me I would get a letter in about 3 weeks telling me if my application had been successful. It better, I thought (it just cost me $120). Anyway, 2 days later I got the letter. They obviously couldn't wait to have me. I now have to wait to hear from Liverpool Council about the ceremony. I could be waiting forever. I just hope I hear in time to get an Australian passport.

Kaz

WE DID IT!!! WE WON ON PENALTY SHOOT OUT. FIRST TIME IN SOMETHING LIKE 34 YEARS. GO AUSTRALIA!!!!

Kaz

I had just got into bed last night when I heard horns going and cars beeping. We live on a main road and the guy who lives next door was out on the side of the road jumping up and down, doing a victory dance and waving the Australian flag to get all the cars the beep their horn:) He was having a ball.

Kazza

it will depend how comfortable im feeling by island night if its mid - end of the 10 nights id say the cocanut bra is a goer if its the 3rd night i probably wont.. dont want to scare off all the passengers.

I guess it depends how "quiet" me and brad are. we tend to make a bit of a name for ourselves (or have on the last 2 cruises) and people appreciate the humor (i think).

If i do there will be photo's and ill post them on here for everyone to laugh at...

dan

yeah haha, I'm sure people do appreciate the humour! Look to forward to seeing the photos if it happens:)

Hey Karen,

not much just got back from the pub. Thought i'd check my work email before bed and seemed to end up here.. funny same thing happens at work. got my booking confirmation from P&O today. Now i have to pay them some money...bugger.

Which reminds me, whats the best way to pay? EFT transfer or CC. They mentioned a 1% CC fee? I havent paid this before?

And stupid P&O dont include payment options on their booking forms? Its like they dont want to get paid....

Dan

We paid by credit card but we have gold commonwealth mastercard which gives us all free travel insurance. It was more cost effective to pay the 1% get flyer points and free insurance.

I guess it depends how you work your cc.

Just wish i had a cruise i needed to pay for!!!!:mad:

Archived