Chat Thread!!

DanFromSyd

Only a week to go Dan. I don't work but sometimes I wish I did. It gets a bit boring at home and I feel I need to use my brain. I look after a friends 2&1/2 year old & next year will have another friends baby to look after but that doesn't do much for the brain. Another year & I'll look for something. My youngest will be in year 6 then and my oldest in year 11 so they'll be old enough to stay at home alone a little while after school. I don't want to work full time though. It's too much when you're looking afer a house & a family of 5. And if I do get a job I'll be able to book a cruise every year instead of one in a blue moon because it takes so long to save for it.

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have the case out ready but probably won't pack until Sunday although I am starting to think about what to pack. I know Chaz has been ironing and packing, I pick her up at the airport Sunday arvo.

I am trying to find the enthusiasm to prepare some work for the new school year as I start back at work as soon as we return but I am finding it hard to be motivated.

It seems like you wait for ages and then its time to pack. My grandsons keep telling me in two weeks time you will be home, I think that has something to do with me constantly telling them what I will be doing next week.:)

Im so excited.

Havent started packing still doing some shopping. Going for a per cruise hair cut tomorrow!

Might start packing tomorrow afternoon.

I cant believe it is almost time to go.

Im putting some more music on my ipod tonight... With hundred's of CD's im trying to sort through what I want to put on there.

I have a bit of feeling im missing something at the moment actually.

Dan

Have you put on 'My heart will go on' from Titanic and 'there has to be a morning after' from Posieden adventure? - great cruise songs!!!! Ha Ha

Oh and don't forget 'Time of your life' a P & O favourite. Oh, I am so helpful - NOT!!:)

Queen is there. Meatloaf.. just the two good songs.

Loading the songs has a dual purpose I use it when I DJ as well. So it gives me a dual purpose to pur them on there..

I love music and have a huge range, so its quite funny, i go from Queen to beach boys to rap and hip hop to R&B to 70's Disco...

I cant wait to be sitting up on dek in the sun relaxing listening to some music with a beer.

Dan

Have you put on 'My heart will go on' from Titanic and 'there has to be a morning after' from Posieden adventure? - great cruise songs!!!! Ha Ha

Oh and don't forget 'Time of your life' a P & O favourite. Oh, I am so helpful - NOT!!:)

Suey,

Did you see my post on another thread about "My Heart Will Go On" playing in the Purser's lounge the very first time I boarded a cruise ship :) Very inspiring!

Kym

Sounds good, don't forget the sunscreen though.

Well I am finished for the night, so if I don't get another chance to chat have a great cruise (although I am sure you will). I'll catch up with you when we all return rested and relaxed and looking forward to the next cruise!! :)

Hi all

I just got in from linedancing and thought I'd check out the site. Boy Dan, Chaz & Suey, you must be getting real excited. I was talking to my friends tonight about my cruise (I'm sure they're sick of hearing about it). They asked me how long to go and when I said 12 weeks & 3 days they couldn't believe it. After booking 17months inadvance they couldn't believe it was so close. Noat as close as you guys thoug.

Karen

I was glad to see my countdown in double digits when i got back after the christmas break.

I cant understand why these people are still up. I would have thought they would have been catching up on some sleep they are going to miss on their cruise.

Gee you were all up late last night!

I am getting very excited now. Especially seeing the cruise countdown getting smaller and smaller. But last night I realised a sad thing. The more I "hurry up" the days the less left there is of other peoples cruises. When I am down to single digits on the Star cruise it will mean I am wishing away Chaz, Suey and Froggy's cruise. :(

I wasn't up that late remember it is an hour earlier here in sunny QLD.

I just looked at the cruise cam on P & O website and it says next port Southhampton UK I don't think so!! or those guys have a long trip home :)

Speaking of Ipods. How do you get all your songs off it back onto the computer. I have deleted them all from the computer and unchecked the sync box. Now I want to organise them I need the files back on the computer. I ran out of room before.

Just turning this into a technical forum now.

Archived