Chat Thread!!

DanFromSyd

Im just running through the details now for a couple of travel insurance policies.

I cant remember what i paid last time, but when i went to NZ a couple of years back for 9 nights we got it for $40.

They seem to be about $80 each now!

I Suppose that is the advantage of using a TA. I have a friend who is a TA and she usually does it all for me, but in my haste i went directly with P&O and I dont want to ask her about the insurance as I feel bad for not booking with her. Plus she is so nice, I dont want to hurt her feelings..

Dan

well when you come back from your cruise you won;t be able to shut up about it, so wont she know then:) :)

maybe you can tell her your brother booked it for you as xmas present , blame him:)

yeah its kind of funny that, I met her when she booked our trip to NZ, we ended up going out a couple of times and I have a really soft spot for her. :rolleyes:

But unfortunately we aren't close friends. So its not really a case of she'll find out unless I tell her.

Dan

Karen

I get my T/I from Tourguard Travel Insurance through Defence Health (my health fund). I will double check tomorrow, but Im sure you dont have to be a member of the health fund. 13 days cover to the South Pacific for a family is $102. When we booked our last cruise through Harvey World Travel, they were charging $175. for 12 days, budget family cover.

Kazza

That sounds ok. It's half the price. I assume it covers all the same things. You know, if you have to cancel beforehand (which hopefully we won't), medical & loss or theft of things. Obviously the cheaper the better.

Karen

Hi guys - I see I am getting addicted to these boards again... can I join the chat thread? :D

Does anyone know where to find any online info for shore excursions for the new P&O Asia cruises? Or do I have to wait til they send me something? :)

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Sarah :)

I think you have to wait until you get all your docs. I'm not sure how many tours we'll book. They seem to be so expensive. My oldest son wants to go parasailing if he can. Unfortunately my other 2 will be too young I think. We'll just wait & see what happens but I'm not stressing about it. When I cruised on the Fairstar in '86 I had 8 stops and only did 1 tour which was in Cairns (the Kuranda Scenic Railway which I had always wanted to do). Other stops we just did our own thing or got a taxi to show us around. I remember in Honiara we paid about $5 each (4 of us) for a taxi to show us around for the day. When we got back to the ship & spoke to a few people they all said they wished they'd done the same thing because they paid lots more than us but saw less.

Karen

Yeah, I figure I would check out the things they have suggested and then see if I could find separate tour groups online that were cheaper. I did that in Belize and it worked out great and was quite a bit cheaper than through the cruise ship. I definitely like a good bargain! :)

Archived