New Specialty Dining Packages

kathynorth

In the past, you could buy a multi night dinner package when you board at a further discounted price versus doing this before embarkation day. Is there any indication that Celebrity will still offer this as of January 1st? Also, if you buy on embarkation day will they still require you to do day 1 of the specialty dining on either day 1 or day 2 of the cruise?

In my experience under old system, and depending if ship has 2-3-4 specialties, you may find less availability on your preferred nights, restaurants based on pre-embarkation online bookings volume, whether holiday cruise, etc.

OTOH, on boarding, go to specialty reservation table and negotiate: " I'd be interested in 3 nights pkg, 2 at __, 1 at __ but I have other plans already for the 1st, 2d night of the cruise. What can you offer?" They'll try to accommodate to get the sale. Know what the pkg prices are for pre-embarkation booking so you can judge the price they quote you.

HAPPY CRUISING

Good morning.....not sure where you read about priority for Concierge,,,,?

been in that class of category many times and I don't recall any dining

benefits.

It is listed as a perk, however we've never really seen any actual benefit. I wouldn't bank on getting any priority treatment. Just off the Eclipse and dined in Murano at 9 PM because they had nothing earlier. We were in Concierge Class, and didn't want to pre-book because we had a large OBC we wanted to use. Also we like to wait to see if there are discounts offered once on board. There often are.

Sounds like packages can no longer be booked on board? :( Copy/paste from dining package terms today..

"When booking your package, you will select a time for your dinner the first night in a specialty restaurant we've selected for you. Upon embarkation, you will be contacted by one of our Maitre D's to arrange the rest of your reservations. Or, you could simply go to one of our specialty restaurant reservation desks to reserve the rest. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least four days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date"

Sounds like packages can no longer be booked on board? :( Copy/paste from dining package terms today..

"When booking your package, you will select a time for your dinner the first night in a specialty restaurant we've selected for you. Upon embarkation, you will be contacted by one of our Maitre D's to arrange the rest of your reservations. Or, you could simply go to one of our specialty restaurant reservation desks to reserve the rest. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least four days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date"

I saw that too. But I have a fairly large obc and will be asking about it

after I board the ship for an upcoming cruise. I am not booking anything

pre-cruise.

I saw that too. But I have a fairly large obc and will be asking about it

after I board the ship for an upcoming cruise. I am not booking anything

pre-cruise.

Lois, a previous poster indicated they were able to book a package onboard at the precruise rate that included a bonus lunch.

"Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least four days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date"

I think this is because 3 days before you sail your reservation is not available on My Celebrity. Shore excursions have the same wording.

"Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least four days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date"

I think this is because 3 days before you sail your reservation is not available on My Celebrity. Shore excursions have the same wording.

This message about pre-booking has been there before new dining pkg format. I have run into non-availability of 5-nt pkgs before when online ordering. However, there still was opportunity to book when boarding although restaurant choices and times may be more limited.

In the past, on Reflection with the Lawn Club Grill, they advertised in bulletin about a 'lawn party dinner' that was $79? that added live music, some other perks. This was upcharge but I think they gave $ credit if applying a dinner pkg credit. HAPPY CRUISING

I don't read this as definite rule. I think they are trying to get bookings ahead of sailing date, but a lot of people have sizable OBC, so they will try to book on board. I will prefer to use OBC , than prepay the restaurants to save 10-15%.