Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Bleedin' 'ell. I'm a man without educashun and I 'ave learned a lot today about my vowel movements and the need to take a dose of consonnents.

By the way I was nosey and googled your area and it seems so lovely and rural. I was impressed to read the guidance from the dog warden and about doggy owner responsibilities including the American spelling of faeces. :)

Jeff

d8e0cc27-6e26-4a2d-99fd-8624fdaf421f_zpsaodjg2am.jpg

Looking outside its a little cloudy here.

No snow, but had thunder and lightening about 1:30 am. Temperatures to drop into 50s F tonight.

Not swimming weather even though pool is heated.

Hope Les gets to his cruise!

I am enjoying all the food photos and banter.

Jeff and JP, you both crack me up!! And yes, our area is rural and lovely and we are happy to have downsized and moved here. If I could, I would post a picture of our shire..yes, shire, called Westshire... Only around 40 houses in a roundabout with lots of common grounds and a pond.

Spins, I totally love your lanais!! I showed it to DH and we both agree we would love to visit with you today! The lushness in your background is breathtaking.

Snow is falling harder now and the wind is expected to pick up. Oh well, I can always look at the lanais!

Camels, that is a lovely place you live in, with such pretty properties. You seem to have a new estate of new houses up for sale and they look smart!

As to us Neapolitan pizza lovers feel it is all about the crumb (vis a vis the sourdough base) and the pinnacle of the crust is the edge, then I thought I'd add a constant reminder to all to make dough and make pizza at home by adding a picture of my favourite edge to my signature for a while. Myster, JP, etc this is a call to arms!

Here is the bigger picture ......

e018af93eb4988dde420c48203bf62b8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is getting funny. :) Good to have carefreecruise stop by!

Happily, we are home safely. Left an hour early from work and braved the terrible roads. AWD on the Audi S6, and Bridgestone Blizzaks did what they are supposed to do. Lots of people sliding around the road, and stuck, but that car has serious traction.

Took all 450 HP to get up the driveway as it hadn't been plowed in a few hours, so the snow was higher than the car's clearance in front. I was kind of plowing the driveway on the way up (it's about a 12% incline).

Traction control - off. Air suspension - raised. Gas pedal - down. Slip, slide, and climb. I was a little surprised that we actually made it all the way up, but it was fun once it was over! I think there is some tread left on the tires but we'll see tomorrow.

We put a chicken in the oven to roast (and to warm up the house). Now time to relax until we do it all over again tomorrow morning. Spinnaker2, see what you're missing?

Yes JP, it is lovely to have scarefree joining us in our pub! And he/she has even heard about my famous appendages. My fame goes before me as they say!

Isn't it odd how we all yearn for what it is we don't have. Wifey and I go to places like Austria in the hope of snow and there are others who yearn for places with no snow.

An early night for me tonight of around 2am as wifey wants me to get her up for her regular smash and grab sortie up to London to have her hair "done" and hit the credit cards. They look forward to her visits I'm sure.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi All....

Lively bit of banter along with the usual lovely pics......still a busy time here sorting everything out which I'm hoping will become less stressful by the time l go away in three weeks!

Have been watching the snow storm with interest as my cousin and his wife flew into NYC on Monday.....hopefully they've manged to fly on to San Francisco today to warm up.

Still trying to catch up with JP's Indian adventure....not long now until Spins and Mysty take off on their crossings.....three ships sailing for us coolers soon!

Just cooking a roast chicken dinner to deliver over to the offspring later.....bangers and mash for my good self....

Do hope Mrs Jeffers bends some serious plastic in town! 😉

Happy Day All

S 😊

Digging out from 22 inches / 55 cm of snow yesterday. It finally stopped some time overnight. The road crews are working to clear the roads but it's slow going. The car works well in the snow, though.

Yesterday was a good day to roast a chicken. I got fancy and put a little grated garlic and lemon peel under the skin for extra flavor. It went well with a Provençal rosé. It was our way of ignoring the weather and pretending that it was summer!

7e47b223f16c443c0a9c83e24e88c6f3.jpg

e800a7b70c5960e647d8850967357825.jpg

Still working on the India blog. MissSophia, thanks for coming by. I'll hopefully finish before your trip...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Just passed under the Golden Gate Bridge a little before 6 am today, Wednesday, March 15. Fascinating!! Very foggy. Could hear those unique fog horns going off. Now getting ready to dock in San Francisco. Still dark here. Sunrise around 7:28 am.

Doing Alcatraz at noon today.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 173,052 views for this posting.

Greetings Coolers! It continues to snow here. We were supposed to get about 20 cm of the white stuff but I think we got appreciably more than that. I could barely open the front door this morning as the snow had blown and drifted well over the bottom of the door. I had to shovel the front step to even get to the garage. It was over my knees. Yes, Miss S. I can't wait to get out of Dodge! I think it will take a long while for this snow dump to melt! And yes J...it seems we yearn for things we don't get to enjoy on a regular basis. I am definitely pining for sun and warmth and not having to wear three layers of clothing to stay warm!

Your chicken meal looks delicious JP! Drool inducing!!!

Enjoy Alcatraz Terry!

Spins.....Definitely need to "beware" here. My jaunt to the mail box will be a real adventure!

Have a great day/evening all!

Thanks, Mysty, for your video. I can sympathize since our deck is almost totally covered as well. We are not brave enough to do what our neighbors are doing; getting ahead of the community's plowing service, and shoveling their driveways in order get out. We are buried in! The service we contracted seems to be not delivering when enough inches accumulate, but I understand the pressure they must have. It is still snowing and blowing, and the news indicate that Syracuse has reached its highest accumulation since ever. We, from sunny, warm Caribbean, will just have to grin and bear it. Oh well, it too shall pass....