Summer in the Caribbean?

venicecruiser

I was surprised to see that princess was offering summer cruises again since I didn't think they were very successful a few years ago. Didn't they have to practically give them away?

I remember them giving away the short cruises but the summer Caribbean ones always seem to sell out.

I was surprised to see that princess was offering summer cruises again since I didn't think they were very successful a few years ago. Didn't they have to practically give them away?

a) With the geopolitical troubles in Europe and the Med, there is less demand and thus Princess believes having a ship in the Caribbean in the summer is a more profitable opportunity. (Princess is not the only cruise line to do this.)

b) There are often posts by people saying they wish Princess had Caribbean itineraries in the summer. Now their wish will come true in 2018.

Caribbean Princess will be in the Caribbean the summer of 2018 on 7 day cruises. I would say they are experimenting with where they can get the most revenue per ship. As pointed out other cruise lines have kept ships in the Caribbean in the summer for years.

I'll have to look into this more, it would be a good time to cruise with kids.

The caveat for planning summer Caribbean cruises is that there is an increased (though not enormous) chance that your itinerary could change due to hurricane season. as long as you are flexible in what ports you will visit, it should not be a problem. Here is a CC link to a useful article on the subject: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=146.

Enjoy!