Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

Our experience has been that even if you close the stateroom door, one of the crew soon comes along, opens the door, and installs the doorstop to keep the door open.

Totally agree.

We are usually in no hurry to leave the cabin (we don't do self assist) and will wait to go to our departure lounge

at the requested time after we return from breakfast, thus we also notice all the open doors.

Makes sense to easily go in and out quickly for the cabin attendants.

When we do back to backs, I remind the stateroom attendant that we still have valuables in the stateroom and to please keep the door closed. That has seemed to work, at least in our case.

We actually told our cabin attendant that we do not require "turn around service" and to please skip us. The

attendant is very grateful for that, making the hectic morning a bit easier for them.

They will later come back to do the fresh towels and leave the new paperwork. Worked fine for us.

Update to this post....I waited over a week for a call that went to my voicemail that the charge was for the 2 bottles of water I "enjoyed" onboard the cruise. So, those were the invisible ones I guess that were next to the 2 bottles of water we left behind that were given to us FREE as Diamond Plus cruisers. That was all she said on the voicemail left. Then they had the nerve to send me an email asking if my concern was handled and to score the customer service. This is a complete scam or extremely disgruntled employees trying to hurt the brand. Well regardless, we just cancelled 4 cruises with them today. No way am I supporting this garbage treatment. Enjoy the $12 RCL it's the last you'll scam from me that I assure you.

I am a Diamond Plus member and have cruised on countless RCL cruises. Although always Fair to Excellent experiences this is the 4th cruise in a row that an attempt has been made to overcharge us with debarkation day charges beyond what our final bill has shown and provided to us that morning. In other words, charges that we can't dispute on-board as they appear once we are home.

This past cruise post-Allure was a disembarkation morning bar drink charge of $12.27. We don't even drink alcohol. After a painful call with Customer Service I have been told to wait 5-6 business days while they MUST check with the ship. The previous 3 times were overcharges for things like Water( we never use their bottled water) and a towel charge. (Last thing I need is a used towel). The previous times the amount was similar to this being overcharged and an immediate credit was provided when I called. Although I was very polite on the phone today it appears a call was necessary this time or a 6 day trip by carrier pigeon to the ship to ensure I was being truthful.

Just be careful. If this has become a regular practice for them with many people they are making money dishonestly or have serious billing issues. I have never had this issue with any other cruise line.

We have 4 cruises with RCL already booked upcoming and considering moving to another line as this is getting ridiculous. 4 times in a row is a disturbing pattern and there are other solid options for cruising out there.

Enjoy it regardless and consider the cash account only option others have suggested.

Just a reminder that I was told when they credited back my charge that they will no longer be leaving those water bottles effective July 1st. Let's hope that happens and that these charges also disappear.

I wouldn't count on it. They have no idea what they are doing with that either. I have spoke to three people on this now and each one has given me a different answer on that including arguing with me that the water has definitely been removed from all rooms and this must have been water I ordered the morning of debarkation. I'm honestly not "that guy" that complains about everything and writes reviews but I am truly amazed by this. I look forward to seeing their stock sink again in the future. It will catch up with them.

Just a reminder that I was told when they credited back my charge that they will no longer be leaving those water bottles effective July 1st. Let's hope that happens and that these charges also disappear.

It's happening often with many cruisers and 4 times in a row to just one individual (me) is a good example. It will catch up with them as some of us support brands only that appreciates the customer. Just a simple matter of principal and I know the first time experience upcoming on the Oceania will remind us why we love cruising.

It will, but not over minor erroneous charge to some unknown number of people.

It will be interesting to see if this issue is resolved next month with the proposed elimination of those bottles.

Just got off Freedom on Sunday 11 th June with paper bill.

I received an email later with an electronic bill which was the same as the paper bill.

We had the premium package and twice we had to go to GS as we were charged for drinks that was included on the package ie beer and water.

A glass of Prosecco $14 and Sauvignon Blanc $16 with tip and tax got us $ 2.56 and $5.12 extra charges on top of the package when for the package cost these basic wines should be totally included.

I received an email later with an electronic bill which was the same as the paper bill.

We had the premium package and twice we had to go to GS as we were charged for drinks that was included on the package ie beer and water.

A glass of Prosecco $14 and Sauvignon Blanc $16 with tip and tax got us $ 2.56 and $5.12 extra charges on top of the package when for the package cost these basic wines should be totally included.

I thought that with the packages you had to pay the difference on drinks costing over $12.00?

I should have been more specific and said this ^ is the issue we are talking about - being charged for things AFTER you left the ship and which is different than what was on the final paper bill.

It's happening often with many cruisers and 4 times in a row to just one individual (me) is a good example. It will catch up with them as some of us support brands only that appreciates the customer.

Again, it may have happened to you repeatedly, but in a universe of 100K cruisers per week, the issue could be quite small. It apparently has already caught up with them, since they are taking the step of removing the bottles that is causing the issue next month.

Again, it may have happened to you repeatedly, but in a universe of 100K cruisers per week, the issue could be quite small. It apparently has already caught up with them, since they are taking the step of removing the bottles that is causing the issue next month.

At least that is what we hope RCI is doing. Fix the problem right there. :)

I thought that with the packages you had to pay the difference on drinks costing over $12.00?

You do, so those charges were inline with what they ordered.

Exactly, in a universe of 100K cruisers the odds of this happening to us 4 times in a row would be very small if it wasn't happening often. So, it's likely this is happening very often.

I am sure with an average cruiser potentially having a large post-cruise bill arrive 30 days after a cruise that $12 is likely not even thought about or remembered. So, I am sure this has added up to a nice addition to their on board revenue.

I have been posting on some websites including their own and sharing links of others having the same issues.

I have just received an email to notify their home office today and speak to a specific representative they have provided. I hope it's not to tell me that this is due to a problem with a Russian cyber attack like the excuse given for some cruisers seeing their invoices increase mysteriously last month. It just keeps getting better. $12 versus losing a multi-year cruiser. Amazing.

Exactly, in a universe of 100K cruisers the odds of this happening to us 4 times in a row would be very small if it wasn't happening often. So, it's likely this is happening very often.

Basic statistics would say otherwise, but of course "often" is very subjective.

Well 4 times in a row is often enough for me.

I did just call that specific representative and it was just to tell me that my concern was elevated to a higher authority and they would review my request and make a determination about crediting my account for the $12. It's appears that now it appears an overseas call center is being used. The previous 3 times the charge was handled pretty efficiently when I called. Now it's likely with an outsourced call center possibly that has made it a bit more challenging. I was able to review my experience now for a 4th time with an RCL associate and of course when I asked this person if it's something that has become common she said it's the first time she's ever had an issue with post cruise billing charges. Let's hope it's her first day or someone else there is drinking the RCL "Kool-Aid"

Basic statistics would say otherwise, but of course "often" is very subjective.

Likely not replenished since last cruise. You've been charged. Haha... (Just Kidding)

I did just ask this Customer Service Manager about the items being removed from the cabin and she was unaware of that happening on all ships. So, that was par for the course with what I've experienced in how direction is being communicated within the organization.

Enjoy the Majesty. Hope it still looks Majestic.

Currently on majesty. The bottles of water are not in the cabin.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Forums mobile app

Thanks.We were charged this amount extra for both wines when TBH for what you pay for the premium package these basic wines should be included.

Agreed. In order to compensate for the extra wine and beer being drank the bottle and glass prices of those have gone up. There's no reason that a budget brand like Ruffino should have the cost that it does on board.

We were on the Grandeur June 1-10 (our first RCI cruise). When the Evian bottles appeared in our room on June 4, I called the customer service desk and requested that they be removed. A member of the bar staff removed them shortly thereafter. Nevertheless, our bill on disembarkation included an $11.68 minibar charge for June 4. I went to the service desk, and the representative noted that my account reflected that the bottles had been removed, and she reversed the charges.

Problem solved? No. That evening I received by email a revised statement including a new minibar charge of $6.14 dated June 10. I challenged this charge, and it is now supposedly under investigation by an auditing group. RCI obviously has a systemic error in the procedures it follows to assess minibar charges, given the number of complaints appearing here. Despite the small amount, this is a strong disincentive for us to cruise with RCI again.