Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

I got off the ship on July 1, and I have a $12.36 charge on my account (actually added onto the final charge I saw before leaving the cabin). Weird thing was, there were 3 bottles in one room and 2 in the other, and it stayed that way the whole trip. So not sure if I had an extra one or not. Think there are supposed to be two.

Someone is taking the water i think.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We will know next week if the new policy is in effect. Funny I had to renew a loan yesterday, in talking to my loan officer found out they cruise every Jan on Royal and sure enough he got the charge but he did not request his refund

We will know next week if the new policy is in effect. Funny I had to renew a loan yesterday, in talking to my loan officer found out they cruise every Jan on Royal and sure enough he got the charge but he did not request his refund

Unless anyone out there is on a ship and can post an answer.

Have the bottled water gone???

Even if the water is gone we will not know if the bs charges stopped or if they found something else to try and sneak past us

At least it would show that they follow through on their promise (the removal of the bottles part).

Although the above recommendations are reasonable , I wonder why consumers should

have to make these changes to avoid fraud . Smarten up Royal ! :confused:

That IS the solution. How stupid for any company to make it the responsibility of the Customer if that is the case for Royal! Not sure it is, but for sure there is an recurring issue they need to fix by their operations people.

Even if the water is gone we will not know if the bs charges stopped or if they found something else to try and sneak past us

I've put some thought into this and I'm nominating missing beach towel charges . :eek:

On reading this, I've started to take a pic of the 2 bottles with the compass of the last day on board....d077d5409430832857fb1c17dd91581e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone said earlier in the thread (maybe biker19?), they can probably say you took or drank the water right after the picture was taken. Hopefully this will no longer be an issue. We'll see what next week brings and if recent cruisers like yourself let us know if this practice has stopped. TIA

We got on the Anthem July 1 and the water bottles were there.

I hope Anthem was just a little late in implementing the supposed new policy.

Can anyone that has gotten back recently please post here to let us know if they were charged post cruise for unused water?

A poster on another board who recently returned was charged post cruise. So much for them doing away with the bottles and the charges. I guess when they called me from "Michael Bailey's office" immediately after my complaint to say the policy will change on July1, they were just flapping their lips to appease me.

A poster on another board who recently returned was charged post cruise. So much for them doing away with the bottles and the charges. I guess when they called me from "Michael Bailey's office" immediately after my complaint to say the policy will change on July1, they were just flapping their lips to appease me.

It might be appropriate to email him back to see if it was true.