Sail BEYOND Event

Living4acruise2day

Good morning. X has a new promo today which includes 2 perks. The promo I booked under had 1 perk. Am I able to call and get the 2 perks or would I have to cancel and re-book? Thank you!

I just looked at the booking and they raised our category $100pp!!!!

Edited by Living4acruise2day
edit

You'll probably be able to switch to the 2 perks, but you'll have to pay the current rate. That may be counter-intuitive because they also raised the prices considerably. Balcony Cabins went up by a couple hundred dollars, at least.

You'll probably be able to switch to the 2 perks, but you'll have to pay the current rate. That may be counter-intuitive because they also raised the prices considerably. Balcony Cabins went up by a couple hundred dollars, at least.

Thank you. That is what I figured after seeing they raised the prices. So essentially, it is a "wash". Oh well.

When I try to check prices with the new promotion I can't even see the prices - it just keeps loading. Does anyone have the same problem?

Not currently, but it could just be Celebrity's website performing horribly. Their website has always been notoriously bad.

Another Great Promo (we really need a sarcasm font). Both the cruise I've got booked and one I am looking at are MORE EXPENSIVE under this new promo. Oh Joy :rolleyes:

Combine that with a really slow load of the prices... no thanks Celebrity.

Another Great Promo (we really need a sarcasm font). Both the cruise I've got booked and one I am looking at are MORE EXPENSIVE under this new promo. Oh Joy :rolleyes:

Combine that with a really slow load of the prices... no thanks Celebrity.

You got that right. Our April '18 Hawaii C3 cabin is showing $1500 more pp--yup, pp! So much for the "free perk." :eek:

I called and could get the another free perk for $50 more than the current 1 perk and cruise rate. Considered that an ok deal (i was going to add the gratis on) BUT i was then going to have to change rooms from deck 6 to deck 3. I really wanted the cabin at the front so I declined 2nd perk. In all my years of cruising, I have never been told I had to move cabins!

I called and could get the another free perk for $50 more than the current 1 perk and cruise rate. Considered that an ok deal (i was going to add the gratis on) BUT i was then going to have to change rooms from deck 6 to deck 3. I really wanted the cabin at the front so I declined 2nd perk. In all my years of cruising, I have never been told I had to move cabins!

Easiest way to get around this is to make a second booking with new perks. Cancel you existing room - in 20 minutes it comes back into inventory and then go to your booking and change rooms to the one you originally had. I have done it a number of times.

I would call again and speak to someone else... we have price changed several times and added a perk and always keep the same cabin. "Best Price Guarantee"

This is one of the most irritating marketing approaches that I have ever seen. Perhaps this approach brings in new cruisers, but ever time I see that Celebrity has a new "promotion" it makes me laugh and it certainly doesn't make me think about booking another cruise.

• 1 year later...

We just happen to be booking in the right time frame for the two perks--we are doing the June 17 sailing on Summit. We think we'll choose the Classic Drink Package plus the Pre-Paid Tips as our 2; do those seem like the best deals?

We just happen to be booking in the right time frame for the two perks--we are doing the June 17 sailing on Summit. We think we'll choose the Classic Drink Package plus the Pre-Paid Tips as our 2; do those seem like the best deals?

You should calculate the cost of tips per person for the sailing, which depends on the cabin class you choose and the length of the cruise. If tips are more than $150, then that’s the best deal. If tips are less than $150 per person, you would get more value by choosing the on-board credit along with the beverage package.

This thread is more than a year old. It’s better to start a new thread rather than resurrect such an old one for a new question.

Gratuities are $14.50 per person per day for inside cabins through regular balcony cabins, $15.00 for Concierge and Aqua cabins and $18.00 for suites. So for your 10 night cruise, Gratuities is worse than OBC for inside to regular balconies, same for Concierge and Aqua, and better for Suites.