Luminae reservations

ATLgirl15

We are sailing Reflection later this month and I was trying to make dinner reservations but Luminae isn't coming up as an option (yes, we are suite guests). Is this strictly walk in? Or does it mean it's all sold out? We just sailed on Royal Caribbean and their cruise planner allowed Coastal Kitchen (suite restaurant) reservations so I expected celebrity to be the same. Does anyone know the procedure?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reservations for Luminae are not needed or even taken (I believe). During our 12/11 Silhouette sailing, we always arrived when they opened at 6 PM and there was never a line. When we departed around 1 hour later, still no line and many empty tables.

Thank you. We had no issues get in walk in tables in CK on Anthem but on Oasis they were sold out half of our cruise. Glad to hear Luminae won't be an issue.

We never had a reservation when we sailed on Connie in March, but I think the first day we had lunch there, they asked us what time we thought we might be having dinner. It was just a ballpark time, not really a standing reservation. We showed up about the same time every night, and I don't ever recall having to wait, and we almost always had the same table next to the window.

If you enjoyed CK, you should really enjoy Luminae.

(

They do appreciate it if you give them a heads up if you are not going to be dining at the same time as previous nights or dining elsewhere (specialty, buffet, etc.) otherwise we found they try to hold your preferred table and server for you.

We are sailing Reflection later this month and I was trying to make dinner reservations but Luminae isn't coming up as an option (yes, we are suite guests). Is this strictly walk in? Or does it mean it's all sold out? We just sailed on Royal Caribbean and their cruise planner allowed Coastal Kitchen (suite restaurant) reservations so I expected celebrity to be the same. Does anyone know the procedure?

I am not sure you can make reservations in Luminae prior to boarding. Perhaps if you are in a high end suite?

I would say normally you do not need reservations for Luminae, but it might depend on when you wish to dine. I have seen in both ways.

The one time we really needed reservations was on the Reflection because they have significant more suites without a corresponding number of seats in Luminae. I heard rumors that our Reflection cruise (TA) may have had some VIPs not in suites that were allowed to dine. It was very busy.

When you board I would recommend you check with the Conceirge in Michael's Club or at Luminae to make a reservation if you wish. If you plan to dine between 7 PM and 8:30 PM on the Reflection I would recommend you check on making a reservation.

Enjoy your experience.

Thanks everyone. Luckily it's just 2 of us traveling so it makes it easier. I'll speak with them upon boarding - we do like to dine during peak times. On our last Celebrity cruise Luminae was in the process of being built so we didn't get to experience it. BUT we did luck out - we were contacted a week prior to sailing saying that due to the construction they anticipated MDR to be extra crowded. So they offered 7 night complimentary specialty dining to suite guests instead. That was a treat! But I am looking forward to eating in Luminae this time.

Reflection does have more suites than the other ships. I could not get a 8pm dining time on any night of my cruise in February, and I asked about it on the first day (we were a party of 2 as well). The Michael's Club concierge had no authority to make it happen, either (it's often reported that they can make anything happen). The one night we showed up early, we were made to wait. So, don't get your heart set on getting a dining time during primetime. Of course, others did, but I'm not sure what the secret was. Might be worth calling and having it referenced on your record in advance?

Edited by bEwAbG

You will just walk in and you will get sitted. No reservation is required. Reflection has more suites than any other S class ship, so Luminae could be crowded.

We'll be on the Silhouette later this month, and I'm looking forward to NOT needing a reservation. We like the concept of anytime dining, but have made reservations in the past (not at Luminae) to avoid a long wait. Of course, we're creatures of habit and will likely dine at about the same time every night, but I'm still hoping for the flexibility to arrive for dinner when we are ready to dine and sit right down.