Transfer from Fort Lauderdale to Celebrity Terminal

stanw

The Celebrity website says you can buy a transfer from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Celebrity Terminal. Other than that there is no information concerning where to get the transfer, cost, times the transportation leaves for the Terminal. Anyone have experience with this? Thank you, Stan.

The Celebrity website says you can buy a transfer from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Celebrity Terminal. Other than that there is no information concerning where to get the transfer, cost, times the transportation leaves for the Terminal. Anyone have experience with this? Thank you, Stan.

Hi, I agree with the previous poster. A cab is much easier. The area is

located right outside of baggage claim and cabs are numerous. Easier

and quicker than waiting for a Celebrity bus to fill up with people before

it leaves for the ship.

Taxi is the best way. It is about a 15 minute ride and $20. Celebrity will charge you much more and you will be waiting a while for the bus to fill. I get too antsy and I need to get moving. Same thing on the return. Never had trouble getting a cab out of the port.

Taxi, Uber, Lyft....all much less expensive then cruise line transfers. And you do not have to wait around for others in your group. you get a private transfer, etc. No reason to book any kind of cruise line transfer in South Florida.

Hank

Avoid the "Cattle Herd" and take a taxi. Not only do you have to wait for the bus to fill but then when you get to the port, you are part of the Herd that arrives all at once for check in.

Avoid the "Cattle Herd" and take a taxi. Not only do you have to wait for the bus to fill but then when you get to the port, you are part of the Herd that arrives all at once for check in.

Avoiding the "herd" at disembarkation can be a huge advantage of Uber. On one Celebrity cruise, we walked out of the cruise terminal (on a busy Sat) to find a huge (at least 30-45 min) queue for taxis and a complete mob scene. So we simply walked down the curb to get totally away from the crowds, and meanwhile I summoned Uber. Within 3 minutes my Uber driver called me and we arranged a pick-up a few yards away from all the crowds. It was less then 10 min from when we walked out of the cruise terminal until we were comfortably in our Uber car..on the way out of the port. And all this for less money then a regular taxi.

What is also nice about Uber (or Lyft) is that you can check their status while you are heading for the taxi queue...and quickly determine which is the better option (Uber and Lyft immediately tell you how many minutes you must wait for your pick-up). If Uber is not quickly available we might quickly check Lyft...and if that is not quickly available we simply wait in the taxi queue. Truly a win-win for the cruiser. I should add it is now the same with our Global Entry versus the new Moble Passport App. We have both! When we get to an airport (or cruise port) that supports the new Mobile Passport App...we simply gauge which line is shorter and use that option.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

in answer to the OP's question. You can purchase the Transfer from you TA if booked with an Agent or via Celebrity Website under Manage Reservation / Transportation.

As other's have suggested your best bet is a Cab or Uber. Cabs are abundant and less expensive than the Celebrity transfer.

If you choose to use the Celebrity Shuttle you will see people with Celebrity Clipboards standing in the luggage area. You check in with them and they give you a sticker and instructions on where to drop your bag. They call sticker numbers in order checked in and when a bus is filled you are taken to the pier.

The OP states that they require info for transfer from Fort Lauderdale Airport

From the FLL website, I found this:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/ToMIA.aspx

It clearly shows the cab fee to be $76.

I suspect the $20 cab fee is from Miami airport.

We are arriving to FLL a day before our Reflections Cruise; I'm renting a Hertz Car (US$52.90 all in) and dropping at the Hertz location close to the Port of Miami. That location has a shuttle that takes you to the ship.

We are arriving to FLL a day before our Reflections Cruise; I'm renting a Hertz Car (US$52.90 all in) and dropping at the Hertz location close to the Port of Miami. That location has a shuttle that takes you to the ship.

OP did not say which terminal. Celebrity sails out of both Port Everglade and Miami. Because OP is flying into Fort Lauderdale, most of us will assume the ship is sailing out of Fort Lauderdale.

We assumed that the OP was referring to FLL to Port Everglades. From FLL to the Port of Mami is a different story...but not too much different. While a taxi might cost about $75 for that 45 min ride....Uber does it for about $35! In fact, we recently used Uber from The Embassy Suites (17th St Ft Lauderdale) to the Port of Miami and the total cost was $33.

Bottom line is that Uber is still much less expensive then cruise line transfers.

Hankk

Don't do a ship offered transfer no matter which port.

To POM from FLL, a shared shuttle will run $15 per person. Cab and uber as mentioned is the other option.

Go to the Florida departures board for shuttle recs and other info.

TeeRick, do you have any more information on Larrys Limo, it sounds like a great way to start and end a cruise. Thanks!

They have a lot of positive reviews on these boards and we have used them multiple times. You can get vehicle info and rates on their website larryslimo dot com and I think they are pretty reasonable.