Back to Back Questions

rweddle

Thank you caribill, that is a very good way of explaining how the different benefits may work.

Yes you are correct, as my shareholder and military OBC are based on the booking (14+ days)

I am also hoping the internet is by segment as you suggest, which would be a total of 400 minutes over the 2 segments.

I guess I'll find out when I initially set up the acct and it shows either 150 or 250 mins.

My experience is that some benefits are by booking and some are by segment.

By the booking:

OBC from using an FCC (FCD)

stockholder's OBC

loyalty OBC for thsoe with 21 or more cruise credits

By the segment:

Platinum/Elite Internet minutes

Elite mini-bar

Suite passengers benefit of free 1st night specialty restaurant dining

....interesting. My last B2B cruise in Asia, I was told we would get only one free 1st night speciality restaurant (on our first nigh of our first segment) and nothing else when our 2nd segment started.

We are off this Sunday for a B2B in the Regal, so I wonder if we will get one or 2 free speciality dining meals?

Sorry if this is off topic.

I just like to know what are they thinking. When they don't see anyone on the ship :eek: Princess must go to their cabin to see if they are there. Where can they be hiding? What do they say to them when they are found and WHAT is their ANSWER!!!!!!! "I don't speak English".

Tony

Tony,

I was the poster you quoted. It is my understanding that they were lying in the sun by a pool. They were paged repeatedly during the wait. I don't know what if any action Princess took. We and most of the others waiting boo'ed them. (Like that did any good).

Tony,

I was the poster you quoted. It is my understanding that they were lying in the sun by a pool. They were paged repeatedly during the wait. I don't know what if any action Princess took. We and most of the others waiting boo'ed them. (Like that did any good). But it made you feel better, right? :D

Some people just live in their own time zone. They didn't look around and realize there must be a reason there was no one else taking in the sun?? No waiters?

There has been at least one slow poke on every B2B we've gone on.

Some people just live in their own time zone. They didn't look around and realize there must be a reason there was no one else taking in the sun?? No waiters?

This was our first b2b with a turnaround in the US. All others have not required us to go thru immigration or exit the ship. Fortunately we had no real plans, just a stroll to Total Wines to re-stock. :)

As soon as the Medallions are implemented they'll be able to find those people in a flash. No more sitting around for an hour waiting for them to show up. :D

As soon as the Medallions are implemented they'll be able to find those people in a flash. No more sitting around for an hour waiting for them to show up. :D

Now that sounds like an excellent point in favor of the medallions.

I booked our Caribbean Cruise as a 20 day cruise. You could book it as 2 10 day cruises. We got 2 mini bar set ups and 2 set of internet minutes. It was treated as 2 cruises even though we booked as one. Worked out great for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Some of the privileged passengers who don't care will just take them off and make the crew look for them. :eek:

Tony

Will we be able to zap them?

I believe the RFID chips are immune to magnetic fields.

Some of the privileged passengers who don't care will just take them off and make the crew look for them. :eek:

Tony

I suppose they could or use duct tape to block the signal.:D

I believe the RFID chips are immune to magnetic fields.

I suppose they could or use duct tape to block the signal.:D

Wow!! I did not think of the duck tape blocking the signal. The Privileged don't even know what duck tape is. LOL :)

Tony

Wow!! I did not think of the duck tape blocking the signal. The Privileged don't even know what duck tape is. LOL :)

Tony

That's what I read but there are no guarantees.

I personally don't care what they know about my spending habits on the ship. (which is next to nothing anyway)

If they like tracking a person who spends nothing - so be it.:D

• 5 months later...

A little off topic but still a b2b question...

We are doing a b2b out of FLL booked as 2 separate cruises, we are traveling with friends and have our cruises linked and asked for a table of 4 and early TD...my question is will we have the same waiters and table or will it perhaps change? Wasn't sure if we should pay the tips at final end or at end of each segment? Next fear would be what if the waiters felt it wasn't enough and we had them again...would we possibly get bad service on the 2nd leg? What is the best way to find out if we will have same waiters and also if we will have same steward?

We have always tipped extra at the end and left the auto tips on...but we tip what we can and what we feel is adequate...we are not needy cruisers so it is not like we ask for out of the norm things or constant attention...but I again fear what if steward didn't think what we tipped was good in their opinion and then make the 2nd leg crazy....read a horror story where someone tipped steward earlier and steward constantly woke them up early...

We are doing a b2b out of FLL booked as 2 separate cruises, we are traveling with friends and have our cruises linked and asked for a table of 4 and early TD...my question is will we have the same waiters and table or will it perhaps change? Wasn't sure if we should pay the tips at final end or at end of each segment? Next fear would be what if the waiters felt it wasn't enough and we had them again...would we possibly get bad service on the 2nd leg? What is the best way to find out if we will have same waiters and also if we will have same steward?

We have always tipped extra at the end and left the auto tips on...but we tip what we can and what we feel is adequate...we are not needy cruisers so it is not like we ask for out of the norm things or constant attention...but I again fear what if steward didn't think what we tipped was good in their opinion and then make the 2nd leg crazy....read a horror story where someone tipped steward earlier and steward constantly woke them up early...

If you want the same waiter & assistant check with the head waiter as the waiters often change areas in the DR to give them all a fair chance to access the galley. They might just shift your table to keep them.

Your additional tip is up to you.

If you like the table and the waiters on the 1st leg just ask the head waiter if you can have the same table and waiters on the second leg. Waiters do get rotated through traditional and anytime dining as well as the buffet area. Regarding the cabin steward just ask if he/she will have the same assignment during the next cruise.

we have done 2 b2b and they were booked identically-we lost our internet minutes on one cruise and they carried over on the other

disembarked totally and then got back on board on one cruise and never had to get off the ship on the other cruise-we heard that it depends on the port