First times cruising from Port Everglades-Need hotel

mitsugirly

on another note - we got the Marriott Residence Inn on Anglers drive for $180 CAA rate (AAA to you I guess lol) for Mar 25th. We will Uber it to POM the next morning.

Has anyone used Uber from FLL area to POM on a Sunday cruise morning? How much did you pay? According to the Uber rate quote guide we figure about $40-$50. We are thinking to pre-book it now that you can do that on Uber. We were looking at SAS or Jiffy Jeff transport but my husband said he doesn't want to do the "milk run" and drive all over the place to pick up other people in a shared ride. He said he will pay the $20 difference and get our own private car.

Awesome! Thanks! :D

I tried finding out the price there and I can't figure out where you put in the code. It let me go to the end (with a price of about $50 higher than the Hyatt), but didn't give me an option to enter a code. Maybe it's because it had me already signed in to my Hilton Honors account?

How does one find out how much a taxi to the port from the hotels are? Do you just call a cab and ask them when they get there?

We will be on the Conquest next.

There's a tiny blue line on the Embassy Suites reservation area that says "add special rate code" insert that number in the corporate account box.

You use google earth frequently. You can see how close all these hotels are to the Port. It's a very short cab ride. We had inquired about the shuttle but found it just wasn't worth it. We grabbed a cab at 10am, there was no traffic. I also stressed to the cab driver that I was fully aware how close we were to the Port and knew the fare should be very inexpensive. I'm a NYer who takes cabs very often. I told the driver don't try to take the scenic route:D In the end, he was very funny and got us there so fast.

We also took a cab from the airport to the hotel, I don't remember what it cost but it was reasonable. It wasn't a long ride.

Your itinerary looks amazing! I'm so looking forward to that trip report!

A good friend of mine just tried to book Hyatt with valuetrips last week and it took 3 days to receive word back (as it said it might), and they received a decline as their date was within their "black out" period. They were booking for Mar 31st. So I hope you can get it for their rate and your day is still not withint their black out window. If not then well, free is still free with your gift cards. Good luck.

Yea, they do state that it could take up to 3 days to respond. So, I'm going to wait until I hear from them one way of the other before purchasing the Hyatt certificates with my points. I'll keep my fingers crossed at this point.

on another note - we got the Marriott Residence Inn on Anglers drive for $180 CAA rate (AAA to you I guess lol) for Mar 25th. We will Uber it to POM the next morning.

Has anyone used Uber from FLL area to POM on a Sunday cruise morning? How much did you pay? According to the Uber rate quote guide we figure about $40-$50. We are thinking to pre-book it now that you can do that on Uber. We were looking at SAS or Jiffy Jeff transport but my husband said he doesn't want to do the "milk run" and drive all over the place to pick up other people in a shared ride. He said he will pay the $20 difference and get our own private car.

We have used SAS and Jiffy Jeff. Both had issues here and there. So, your hubby is probably right in it being worth the extra $20 to get your own private car. We keep finding new vendors to use, but they still don't seem to work out. LOL :p

There's a tiny blue line on the Embassy Suites reservation area that says "add special rate code" insert that number in the corporate account box.

You use google earth frequently. You can see how close all these hotels are to the Port. It's a very short cab ride. We had inquired about the shuttle but found it just wasn't worth it. We grabbed a cab at 10am, there was no traffic. I also stressed to the cab driver that I was fully aware how close we were to the Port and knew the fare should be very inexpensive. I'm a NYer who takes cabs very often. I told the driver don't try to take the scenic route:D In the end, he was very funny and got us there so fast.

We also took a cab from the airport to the hotel, I don't remember what it cost but it was reasonable. It wasn't a long ride.

Your itinerary looks amazing! I'm so looking forward to that trip report!

Hi goofygal531 thank you for the Embassy Suites code but when i enter it only allows me to imput the 6 numbers (056004) any suggestions thanks

On Dec 3, 2016 we took the Hyatt Place 17th shuttle from the airport and were not charged anything. Perhaps your situation was a mistake? I know there is a charge TO the airport.

Nope not a mistake. They are inconsistent Somebody cut and pasted directly from Hyatt website stating that it is a $2 charge to and from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just wanted to "update" this...

I'm currently on Hyatts website and it states the following for this place:

Looking for a hotel near Ft Lauderdale Airport? Stay with us, and enjoy scheduled shuttle service to and from the airport for only $2 per room. We're situated just 3.6 miles away, less than a 10-minute drive.

Hello,

I put in a request at ValueTrips on Friday Jan 6th to stay at the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale Still haven't heard from them. It says it could take 3 business days for a response. The date is March 4th. Do I assume they rejected me? How do I find out their black-out dates? Thanks for any responses.

Hi goofygal531 thank you for the Embassy Suites code but when i enter it only allows me to imput the 6 numbers (056004) any suggestions thanks

Enter it in the third box: "Corporate Account"

For Hampton®, Doubletree® and Embassy Suites® hotels use corporate account: 0560041604

Black out dates do apply

Hello,

I put in a request at ValueTrips on Friday Jan 6th to stay at the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale Still haven't heard from them. It says it could take 3 business days for a response. The date is March 4th. Do I assume they rejected me? How do I find out their black-out dates? Thanks for any responses.

When you sign up for the reservation, it states you will hear something back from them within 3 days (sometimes sooner). It said if you haven't heard back from them in 3 days, you need to email them with your info because the reservation was probably not received. I would definitely email.

Hello,

I think the Hyatt Place might be quite full for March 4th. That is our date too and I got it back May The rooms have been $339 average before taxes since May This is a weekend with 6 ships in port on both days Peak period

Maybe the value trip room block is sold out. But I have read in this forum that sometimes it can take as long as a week to hear back when using value trips

Good luck. And let us know how it all works out for you

Edited by 4cats4me

Hello,

You can email them...but they do respond even if they deny your request for a booking. I tried to change the number of nights for one of my four booked rooms and they sent a denial that the hotel was blacked out (I already had reservations before this happened).... I actually ended up then handling it directly with Hyatt Place with no problem.

Hi Kim. If the route with the Hyatt doesn't work out I think you should consider either Hampton Inn or Courtyard in Plantation, food, grocery store for your pop and Target are all within walking distance as is a shopping mall. We stayed at the Courtyard and it was really good. Airport shuttle as well as shuttle to the port was included however breakfast at the Courtyard is not included but the savings in transport will balance it out. It seems far but is not at all. It is right across from an FBI location so it's safe and quiet. The two hotels are on opposite corners but pretty much across from each other.

I stayed at the Embassy Suites did not like it as much as the Courtyard.

Just a thought if the other places don't pan out or are over your budget.

Good Luck have a great trip.

Hello,

After you submit your request you can call the hotel the next day and they will give you your reservation number. That's what I did and then looked it up on the hyatt website. In the process I was able to obtain the corporate code they use. So I checked....

March 4th - there are no more rooms available at that rate. I will be releasing my March 4th reservation shortly. I'm not sure that will make a difference. I'm going to stay out in Plantation since we will have a rental car. Found a bargain through Last Minute travel. Another option for you to consider for this date is to go with Priceline. The Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is $211 if you sign in and reveal the price. If you don't mind pre-paying, the 4* Express Deal for Downtown/Cruise Port/Convention Center for $187 is the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. If you don't mind walking it's not a bad walk to go over the bridge and down to 17th street for dining and necessities.

Sorry to say mitsugrly, your date is also unavailable for April 14th at the Hyatt Place.

Edited by iluvcruzin

People may want to try this site.. I learned about it on MSN this morning.

https://www.roomertravel.com/

It is rooms pre booked by others that are non-refundable and guaranteed by the site. They even put the reservation in your name.

That's very interesting. Since the hotel won't have one's CC information it makes sense. I did a search on my dates so they must not have any resales as it listed prices similar or higher the other discounters. But good to know if I ever get stuck with a hotel booking I can't use. Thanks for the share.

We fly to FLL all the time for cruises, but we have always cruised out of Port Canaveral or Miami and had to get transportation there.

This will be our first cruise from Port Everglades.

Where is a good place to stay for the night? Any that offer free transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port?

We need some place that is located within walking distance to food for dinner (doesn't have to be fancy...can be as simple as McDonalds) and also walking distance to a store (for "soda" and can be a gas station).

If it's a place that offers free hot breakfast...please let me know.

Let me know your thoughts. :)

I researched and found goportcanaveral.com where I booked a Fly Snooze and Cruise package that includes overnight stay, breakfast and also shuttle service to the port as well as transportation from the port to the airport after the cruise.

We stayed at La Quinta Inn Airport in Hollywood. They had the shuttles for airport, then we paid a small fee to take their shuttle to the port. The hotel has a bus that will take you to restaurants or mall near the hotel for free. We went to a local restaurant but decided we wanted to be near the water so we used Uber & went to a restaurant on Dania pier. We loved it we had a table by the water & watched the beach action & could see the ships leaving port!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SweetPea0517

I researched and found goportcanaveral.com where I booked a Fly Snooze and Cruise package that includes overnight stay, breakfast and also shuttle service to the port as well as transportation from the port to the airport after the cruise.

I think Port Canaveral is just a wee bit to far away from Fort Lauderdale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good site for Port Canaveral. I bet you are excited about your first cruise.

Unfortunely it does tie into the topic of hotels in Ft. Lauderdale cruising out of Port Everglades.

You can email them...but they do respond even if they deny your request for a booking. I tried to change the number of nights for one of my four booked rooms and they sent a denial that the hotel was blacked out (I already had reservations before this happened).... I actually ended up then handling it directly with Hyatt Place with no problem.

Good to know they will respond one way or another. I requested my visit on Jan 12th and it's now the 17th and I haven't heard anything as of yet. :(

Hi Kim. If the route with the Hyatt doesn't work out I think you should consider either Hampton Inn or Courtyard in Plantation, food, grocery store for your pop and Target are all within walking distance as is a shopping mall. We stayed at the Courtyard and it was really good. Airport shuttle as well as shuttle to the port was included however breakfast at the Courtyard is not included but the savings in transport will balance it out. It seems far but is not at all. It is right across from an FBI location so it's safe and quiet. The two hotels are on opposite corners but pretty much across from each other.

I stayed at the Embassy Suites did not like it as much as the Courtyard.

Just a thought if the other places don't pan out or are over your budget.

Good Luck have a great trip.

They provided free shuttle to the cruise port? Hmm, I may have to look into this if I don't hear back from the other place. I don't really have a budget, I'm just frugal with my money (allows me to cruise more often :D).