bringing wine on board - B2B qty.

tdeyette

We will be doing our first B2B on the Regal out of Ft Lauderdale the end of Feb start of March 2017.

Looking forward to our winter getaway.

Now that we are getting closer I have a question on bringing wine aboard. I know that you are Allowed 1 bottle per person at boarding. If you are doing a back to back will they allow 2 per person? Or will you need to leave the ship on turn around day and replenish the stock?

I have done some research here on the boards and see (which is often the case) that it depends or yes sometimes… no others….

Does anyone have any recent experience with this out of Port Everglades?

As always, Thanks in advance

The two times we have taken b2b cruises out of Port Everglades, we replenished our wine on the turn-around day. I've read reports here of people successfully bringing their allotment on the first cruise without having to pay the corkage fee.

I agree with previous poster. If you show boarding pass for following cruise and ask nicely, I believe in most cases you will get the extra bottle allowed. Not everyone wants to dash off to Total Wine on TO day.

Also, if you have been reading the threads, you can bring on extra wine and simply pay the corkage fee for additional bottles in the terminal. They will have a sticker, so if you bring them to a dining room, you won't be charged any additional corkage fee.

Now that we are getting closer I have a question on bringing wine aboard. I know that you are Allowed 1 bottle per person at boarding. If you are doing a back to back will they allow 2 per person? Or will you need to leave the ship on turn around day and replenish the stock?

We discovered on our first B2B that any wine/liquor purchases you made either on board or in port that were "saved" for you were delivered to your cabin the night before the first cruise ends. This is standard procedure, just didn't think it would apply to us given our cruise wasn't ending.

Now I'm not suggesting you break any rules (so no flames please) but if you think about it for a moment you can be well prepared for the second leg of your trip.

Edited by GRAYTech

Think they were referring to duty free liquor purchased onboard.

You were too quick. I realized my error as I was clicking to post and immediately deleted the post. Anything purchased onboard or in a port mid-cruise is stored and returned the night before embarkation day.