Towel animals

Mississippi1

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Fun story about towels animals..... friends of ours were on a cruise with us several years ago, she had a "personal item" ;) she brought and accidentally left out, when they came to their cabin later that day a towel animal was holding it....she nearly died...:D

Now that's a photo worth posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wondering, what do you do with your towel animal after you make the obligatory picture? Do you unroll and use the towel, or do you keep collecting until you have your own personal zoo in your cabin?

I have never taken a picture of a towel...ever! We are hugely on the side of saving the steward time, but have not so far asked them to stop for fear of offending. It just seems such a waste of time with 2 adults in the cabin, but we do understand it may be exciting for children!

I have never taken a picture of a towel...ever! We are hugely on the side of saving the steward time, but have not so far asked them to stop for fear of offending. It just seems such a waste of time with 2 adults in the cabin, but we do understand it may be exciting for children!

Towel animals are part of the total cruise experience that provides the happiness and joy for many persons, including my wife. Cruises for many are a wonderful escape from the real world. If that is not the case for a guest, then mention to the cabin steward, "thanks....but no thanks".

Towel animals are part of the total cruise experience that provides the happiness and joy for many persons, including my wife. Cruises for many are a wonderful escape from the real world. If that is not the case for a guest, then mention to the cabin steward, "thanks....but no thanks".

I agree. Towel animals lost their attraction for us about 50 cruises ago (and we give the steward a break) but understand some enjoy them, especially children.

Amen to this. The poor bastard is probably overworked beyond belief, likely dealing with wannabe bigshot passengers making his life a living hell, so the last thing I need him to waste his time doing is making me a towel animal. If I was sailing with kids it would be fun once or twice, but otherwise I'd just as soon the steward not bother.

By gosh you got us, my wife and I, the wannabe big shot passengers wanting to treat our stewards like the slave help we think they are. And as I think about it, wanting to turn a new leaf and quit making my "overworked beyond belief" steward's life a "living hell", I'm guessing the kitchen crew and chefs are probably in the same living hell situation. Just like getting rid of towel animals and maybe some other silly traditional cruise events, I'm suggesting the kitchen crew just put out cold cuts and loaves of bread in the future. Because there's just a lot of food prepared and put out for serving that I just don't like. And if I don't like it, well the the other guests should just not like it either. What a work load reduction that can be for them. Lets see...let me think of some other areas........

Edited by roger001

i love em and am sad they dont do them the 1st nite . i want one every nite!

On our recent Sky cruise, I think our room steward was enjoying the towel animals as much if not more than we were. He would always ask about whether we liked them or not each day. I didn't get the impression that he found it an extra 'chore' to make them.

You all KEEP them? I find I need those towels...I undo the animals and use the towels!! And, I know I've never taken a picture of them.....

Can't believe you need the towels. Doesn't your cabin steward leave bath towels for you?? You can always ask that he leave additional towels.

On our recent Sky cruise, I think our room steward was enjoying the towel animals as much if not more than we were. He would always ask about whether we liked them or not each day. I didn't get the impression that he found it an extra 'chore' to make them.

I think you are very correct for most of the stewards/ess. My wife always describes to the steward her excitement and happiness seeing the towel animals. The stewards then seem generally happy also to have made a guest so happy. But then.......I know that we are just an immature and silly couple, not exhibiting the proper decorum and refinement and sophistication expected of a "real" cruise guest. Now I feel so ashamed...............

I love my zoo! On my first NCL cruise, I got towel animals only three times and I was disappointed (on subsequent NCL cruises they've been more frequent visitors). The animals are part of the fun of cruising for me. I've always enjoyed them just as much as my kids. On my last cruise I was going back to pick up something in my cabin in the evening and there was a parade of stewards going down the hall and each was carrying a very elaborate towel animal. My steward stopped and told me they were having a contest. I don't think it's as big of a chore as some may think. :p

For my first 40 or so cruises I made the zoo...lately I just can't deal with the clutter anymore & ask my cabin steward not to make any (while confirming to him/her that I still appreciate everything they do for me!) ;)

By gosh you got us, my wife and I, the wannabe big shot passengers wanting to treat our stewards like the slave help we think they are. And as I think about it, wanting to turn a new leaf and quit making my "overworked beyond belief" steward's life a "living hell", I'm guessing the kitchen crew and chefs are probably in the same living hell situation. Just like getting rid of towel animals and maybe some other silly traditional cruise events, I'm suggesting the kitchen crew just put out cold cuts and loaves of bread in the future. Because there's just a lot of food prepared and put out for serving that I just don't like. And if I don't like it, well the the other guests should just not like it either. What a work load reduction that can be for them. Lets see...let me think of some other areas........

Maybe we could give the captain some relief from all of his responsibilities, too. I'm sure he's feeling extremely overworked. I'll pick up an oar and take a shift....

I think you are very correct for most of the stewards/ess. My wife always describes to the steward her excitement and happiness seeing the towel animals. The stewards then seem generally happy also to have made a guest so happy. But then.......I know that we are just an immature and silly couple, not exhibiting the proper decorum and refinement and sophistication expected of a "real" cruise guest. Now I feel so ashamed...............

we would get along great. unsure why adults think the animals are so wrong or that they wouldnt enjoy them. who doesnt like a little fun.

gotta wonder what they do consider fun if not towel animals.

we would get along great. unsure why adults think the animals are so wrong or that they wouldnt enjoy them. who doesnt like a little fun.

gotta wonder what they do consider fun if not towel animals.

I don't see why anyone would think they are "wrong". They are fine for the kids and I guess you ladies like them but I don't know of any grown man that would think...."Wow, can't wait to get on a cruise so I can get a towel animal".

LOL

I don't see why anyone would think they are "wrong". They are fine for the kids and I guess you ladies like them but I don't know of any grown man that would think...."Wow, can't wait to get on a cruise so I can get a towel animal".

LOL

I don't anyone--man, woman, or child--who thinks that. But, I do know a few men who enjoy the towel animals, too. :p

LOL

I don't see why a man can't enjoy a towel animal just as much as a woman does. It doesn't make or break the cruise of course, but it's just part of the experience. It's like how people seem to kvetch about not getting their lobster and saying that lobster is part of their cruise experience.

I as a man don't get overly excited about the towel animals per se, but I do love seeing how excited my kids get. Before entering the room each night they are all excited and try to predict what the animal will be.

On the last night of the cruise when the cruise director introduces some of the crew, some of the cabin stewards are selected to be part of the presentation and each of them is holding a towel animal. I saw this dragon that was so elaborate, it had sticks to hold it up and flap its wings. It was amazing.

My wife always describes to the steward her excitement and happiness seeing the towel animals. The stewards then seem generally happy also to have made a guest so happy. But then.......I know that we are just an immature and silly couple, not exhibiting the proper decorum and refinement and sophistication expected of a "real" cruise guest. Now I feel so ashamed...............

STICK-ON EYES

I found, what me wife calls, "a stupid gift" for the steward on our upcoming cruise.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSamu2r1QbhR7Gqgi4_8zS-akURCVtap9Qr-dEBXSK2u6HRvKCX

Edited by $hip$hape

I don't see why a man can't enjoy a towel animal just as much as a woman does. It doesn't make or break the cruise of course, but it's just part of the experience. It's like how people seem to kvetch about not getting their lobster and saying that lobster is part of their cruise experience.

I as a man don't get overly excited about the towel animals per se, but I do love seeing how excited my kids get. Before entering the room each night they are all excited and try to predict what the animal will be.

On the last night of the cruise when the cruise director introduces some of the crew, some of the cabin stewards are selected to be part of the presentation and each of them is holding a towel animal. I saw this dragon that was so elaborate, it had sticks to hold it up and flap its wings. It was amazing.

Well yea, if you have kids it would make sense to be excited for them but otherwise.......nah.

I guess we all have our own small pleasures in life. :)

Edited by ColinIllinois