Voyages of Discovery and Swan Hellenic

uktog

Sadly for their passengers they ceased to trade yesterday. I'm sorry to anyone who has lost a cruise, must be awful for those sailing shortly.

Minerva is 540 guests and supposedly surveyors from another line looked at it when it was in dry dock in Singapore last week. I believe the ships are generally 300-600 guests

Just wondering I may have sizes ALL wrong but is this Azamara's opportunity. If not, nice to wonder.

Quote from yesterday's Telegraph:

"Minerva, the 350-passenger ship operated by Swan Hellenic, should have departed from Marseille yesterday on a 15-day trip to Tenerife."

Have seen Minerva in both Madeira & Malta. Her hull was 'patched up.'

However, sailing on Eclipse was probably a bad comparison to make, but I remember thinking, 'I'm glad I'm not on her.'

Edited by upwarduk

Sadly for their passengers they ceased to trade yesterday. I'm sorry to anyone who has lost a cruise, must be awful for those sailing shortly.

Minerva is 540 guests and supposedly surveyors from another line looked at it when it was in dry dock in Singapore last week. I believe the ships are generally 300-600 guests

Just wondering I may have sizes ALL wrong but is this Azamara's opportunity. If not, nice to wonder.

Very unlikely that Azamara would be interested, no comparison to the R Ships

Sad to see Swan Hellenic go as it has an iconic past, however can't see Minerva being of interest to Azamara as it dates back to 1989 and only has 44 balcony cabins. At 12000 tonnes and 380 passengers it would be a bit too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's the Voyager that was in dry dock in Singapore last week and which has a capacity of around 540 passengers. Minerva is the smaller of the two at around 350 passengers but, according to reports, is not actually owned by Swan Hellenic.

We were booked on Voyager for a cruise at the end of March from Cape Town to the Canaries via Namibia, St Helena, Ascension Island, and Cape Verde Islands. Sadly not any more. :(

It's the Voyager that was in dry dock in Singapore last week and which has a capacity of around 540 passengers. Minerva is the smaller of the two at around 350 passengers but, according to reports, is not actually owned by Swan Hellenic.

We were booked on Voyager for a cruise at the end of March from Cape Town to the Canaries via Namibia, St Helena, Ascension Island, and Cape Verde Islands. Sadly not any more. :(

So sorry to hear you will not be able to have your cruise I hope you find something soon but that itinerary was special.

I suppose I was just wondering how much "put right" costs are vs "new build" but I get the sense from more knowledgeable posters put right was not an option.

My wife and I were booked on the same cruise as berkshireboy and we are really down at the moment,as this was certainly a one off itinerary which we will find hard to replicate.

But hey ho life goes on,so we managed to book yesterday on the Quest "West Indian Hideaways" voyage in March which should help to take away a bit of the pain.