Transportation from MIA to hotel in downtown Miami

cruisecookie

• 4 months later...

May not be an option with lots of luggage!

:halo:

For less than $5 you could take the Metrorail (Orange Line) from MIA to the Brickell Station, which is less than 1 block away from your hotel...

Uber will be around $17. Cab will be around $27

If you don't have a lot of luggage you can take the Metrorail (orange line) but I would only do this without lots of luggage and without it being rush hour or late at night.

For less than $5 you could take the Metrorail (Orange Line) from MIA to the Brickell Station, which is less than 1 block away from your hotel...

If you elect to do Metrorail, be aware that the train does not leave from the airport terminal area. It leaves from what is commonly known as the "Rental Car Center" although it's also called the "Multi-modal transportation center" (Don't you just love the cute name?) :)

To get there, look for signs in the terminals directing you to the "train to rental car center."

• 3 months later...
Uber will be around $17. Cab will be around $27

If you don't have a lot of luggage you can take the Metrorail (orange line) but I would only do this without lots of luggage and without it being rush hour or late at night.

What do you consider late at night, is the issue safety? We are light packers and fairly fit but late 50's. Spouse and I have done trains in Europe and in Vancouver from airport to hotels or cruise port but don't really know Miami. Flight arrives at 8:30 pm going to a hotel 500 ft from a station

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What do you consider late at night, is the issue safety? We are light packers and fairly fit but late 50's. Spouse and I have done trains in Europe and in Vancouver from airport to hotels or cruise port but don't really know Miami. Flight arrives at 8:30 pm going to a hotel 500 ft from a station

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The metormover is not the problem, the Metrorail goes through some "ok" areas of town. An Uber will cost $15 dollars or so and be much quicker. I would spend the extra $10.00 and just take an Uber to downtown. Taxi will be close to $30.00

I had a 7 am flight from MIA to JFK and didn't feel like dealing with Uber as I've had some issues lately.

I asked one of our front desk guys at our condo building on Brickell if he had anyone. Booked him yesterday and at 5:25 am he was at our building. Large suburban with bottles of water stocked for us. Amazing experience. It was $32 from let's say the JW Marriott|hampton in Brickell area to MIA. I will be using him for our return.

Diego is his name and his number is 786-886-6301 or 786-877-8070