FLL Airport Shootings

Living4acruise2day

I see by the Port schedule that Caribbean Princess was turning around today. I know some of the passengers that were on our cruise last week were on the B2B. Hopefully all cruisers, coming and going are safe. But still, 9 others are not.

I am seeing reports of 9 people shot, 3 of them killed, shooter is in custody. The story is still developing.

You and I are watching the same local news and that's what I'm seeing as well. I was going to fly out of there today and didn't because of the bad weather up north.

One suspect is in custody. ATF is on the way. Rick Scott just said they don't have confirmed amounts of injured and dead and is on his way there. The news is saying 3 confirmed dead.

All services have been suspended for the moment. No flights in or out. I just reached out to my girlfriend who is a Delta flight attendant to check on here.

Update: 13 people shot and 4 dead

Edited by cjskids

Local reports are saying 5 people dead and at least 14 injured in Terminal 2. The airport is completely shut down and flights are being diverted to MIA.

Now we're getting reports of something going on in the parking garage of Termnal 1.

Shooter's name is Esteban Santiago, 26.

Edited by Lido_Deck

OMG. Watching "live" on TV. What is going on? People are running and screaming. Police with weapons drawn. Is there another suspect roaming the terminal?

Our local news has one of their people hiding in a car in the garage. It's in the parking garage by Terminal 1. Possible 2nd shooter.

Edited by cjskids

OMG. Watching "live" on TV. What is going on? People are running and screaming. Police with weapons drawn. Is there another suspect roaming the terminal?

There is a report that there is possibly a second person, therefore the parking garages are now being searched. The story is still developing ...

Just read on the Port Everglades twitter account that they are closed to all traffic due to FLL shooting thats still developing.

We were just considering a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale on the Celebrity Equinox.

News is reporting 5 dead and 8 injured now. Absolutely horrific.

Shooter apparently from a flight from Alaska (from CNN). Shooting happened in Terminal 2 which serves Air Canada and Delta Airlines, and just heard the shooter was on an Air Canada flight and arrived thru Canada. This hits close to home.

Edited by thebigbluesea
Spelling correction and correction of info

Absolutely horrific...

I was supposed to pick my wife up at 5:15pm, returning from a business trip in Tampa. Fortunately, she was able to grab a rental car and is driving back with another displaced passenger.

No ETA for re-opening FLL. I imagine they're going to sweep every inch of the terminals, every car in every parking garage, etc. I wouldn't count on getting in or out of there even tomorrow.

Hi all,

A very said situation today. I am supposed to leave Sunday on HAL Konigsdam, with the poor weather in Atlanta and the Port being closed, what do you more experienced cruisers think the likelihood of cruises this weekend being cancelled?

It's my first cruise, and I am a bit nervous driving 12 hours down there to just turn around again.

Thanks for any help.