FLL Airport Shootings

Living4acruise2day

Hi all,

A very said situation today. I am supposed to leave Sunday on HAL Konigsdam, with the poor weather in Atlanta and the Port being closed, what do you more experienced cruisers think the likelihood of cruises this weekend being cancelled?

It's my first cruise, and I am a bit nervous driving 12 hours down there to just turn around again.

Thanks for any help.

Very seriously doubt that any cruises would be cancelled.

However, you might want to consider changing your flight to go to Miami or West Palm Beach tomorrow.

(Hope you aren't trying to fly in "day of cruise". That's risky, especially in winter weather.)

Depending upon airline, given the weather AND the FLL difficulties, there might not be any penalties.

BUT - you won't be the only one thinking about doing this, so I'd do it *ASAP*.

(A shuttle from Miami airport isn't all that expensive.)

Good luck!

Hi all,

A very said situation today. I am supposed to leave Sunday on HAL Konigsdam, with the poor weather in Atlanta and the Port being closed, what do you more experienced cruisers think the likelihood of cruises this weekend being cancelled?

It's my first cruise, and I am a bit nervous driving 12 hours down there to just turn around again.

Thanks for any help.

I went to the Port Everglades website http://www.porteverglades.net/ and a message popped up stating those scheduled to sail TODAY should contact your cruise line.

My guess is that you should contact your cruise line even if you are scheduled for Sunday.

Fort Lauderdale will be closed until tomorrow. All flight being cancelled in/out, thoughts and prayers to those traveling to/from FLL.

We had a somewhat situation here in OKC about 2-3 months ago at our airport in the early afternoon. Gunman shot and killed a person and fled into parking garage. This closed the airport for the rest of the day, but as I recall it was reopened the next morning.

Of course the FLL situation is alot bigger, but I still bet they will be operating tomorrow, as the disruption to do otherwise is so great for so many people and businesses.

I also expect the ships to sail tomorrow, but since this is just my opinion, be SURE to check with your cruise line.

....go out to all who were affected.

Man, what a way for those going on a cruise Sat/Sun to start it. If I were cruising out of FLL this weekend, I could have been there as I would have flown in today. And I could be flying there in a few weeks.

Just sad, sad, sad.

Safe travels everyone!

....go out to all who were affected.

Man, what a way for those going on a cruise Sat/Sun to start it. If I were cruising out of FLL this weekend, I could have been there as I would have flown in today. And I could be flying there in a few weeks.

Just sad, sad, sad.

Safe travels everyone!

Agree, we returned from our cruise last Friday and were sitting in the airport exactly one week ago at the same time of the shooting. Very scary and very sad. Praying for all.

I went to the Port Everglades website http://www.porteverglades.net/ and a message popped up stating those scheduled to sail TODAY should contact your cruise line.

My guess is that you should contact your cruise line even if you are scheduled for Sunday.

Port Everglades website now states normal operations have resumed and contact your Cruise company about any concerns over delays.

Media in Canada is reporting Air Canada has released info that the shooter was not on any of their flights. Shooter may have gone from Alaska, then directly to the US, and on to FLL.

Does Air Canada even service Alaska?

Can a foreign carrier even transport between two USA cities, without stopping in a foreign city?

Isn't this somewhat like the rule for ships, although the ships have more complications (such as closed loop or "distant foreign port")?

The flight(s) touched 3 USA cities, and didn't stop in Canada (or any foreign city), as I understand it.

And AC states it wasn't their flight anyway.

I think that's terminal 4 where they are taking stranded passengers from the airport.

Thanks.

I hadn't been watching the webcam to see when it switched views.

The Princess is showing sailing away (good!), but apparently the Nieuw Amsterdam is delayed until further notice.

(I was worried that something was now wrong *there*... )

Thanks.

I hadn't been watching the webcam to see when it switched views.

The Princess is showing sailing away (good!), but apparently the Nieuw Amsterdam is delayed until further notice.

(I was worried that something was now wrong *there*... )

Ah, the Nieuw Amsterdam has also sailed :)

C/C, Chris (Senior Editor), and your staff, Thank you for posting the very informative post on Face Book regarding yesterday's shootings with the phone numbers for the cruise passengers to contact and the ship departure updates. My prayers are offered for everyone involved and affected by this terrible circumstance!

Linda B.