Verizon & St. Thomas & San Juan

august1963

Since St. Thomas and San Juan are "technically" "territories" of the United States, I was wondering if it would be really expensive to text or call with your Verizon phone from there......we normally do not turn on our phones at all once we leave the first port so as not to incur any huge phone bills......but my daughter will want to call her boyfriend and I thought this might be an option for her. Thanks

I am in Boston and visit San Juan all the time. It is included in my Verizon contract. St.Thomas calling and data is not. You can add it. Texts I believe are free or very inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is correct information.

This is correct information.

San Juan for Verizon same as home. St Marten don't know but use Verizon Trip Planner https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/ to see how to dial what charge is on all your stops,

We just sailed to Key West, Belize, Cozumel Mex, and Roatan Honduras.

Key West obviously like home. On ship can use their cellular 1.79 minute text .50 send .05 receive. DO NOT use data on a ship $20 a megabite. Turn it off!!

But something NEW at Verizon. Most ports TRAVEL PASS you can sign up online. For $10 a phone you can use talk, text AND DATA from your standard package just like at home no additional charge. In Mexico was only $2 a day per phone. Only charged if you actually use the phone in port. This is a charge in every port IF you use phone in that port. Good for 24 hours in that port.

Must sign up, easy click on your account before going. Travel Planner will tell you if your ports are included, most are.

George in NY

Since St. Thomas and San Juan are "technically" "territories" of the United States, I was wondering if it would be really expensive to text or call with your Verizon phone from there......we normally do not turn on our phones at all once we leave the first port so as not to incur any huge phone bills......but my daughter will want to call her boyfriend and I thought this might be an option for her. Thanks

Huh? The US is the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums