My cruise has disappeared!

Cat4158

My cruise on Epic 15th Oct has disappeared from the website. We only found out when a friend tried to make a reservation to join us. Any ideas why this might happen? I am in a real panic as we have just booked flights.

My cruise on Epic 15th Oct has disappeared from the website. We only found out when a friend tried to make a reservation to join us. Any ideas why this might happen? I am in a real panic as we have just booked flights.

Cal your PCC. He would have a lot better info than anyone on a third party gossip site! :eek:

Do you still see your Epic cruise when you log into your MyNCL dot com account ?

Call NCL's USA Office & speak to an agent - Sat. & Sunday, they are on duty until 9 PM EDT, they hopefully can tell you something 1.866.234.7350 (is the number to call for the Americas ... can always Skype in from abroad instead of waiting till tomorrow)

NCL's website has been known to be acting "funny" lately, especially over the weekend ... maybe being hacked by ( :p - just kidding)

Don't see anything after Oct. 8th 2017 on the cruise calendar ... Epic isn't scheduled to do TATL crossing until several weeks later on its repo to the Caribbeans, charter is always a possibility. You got about 2 hours to call

Edited by mking8288

Thanks for all of your advice. I've called NCL UK this morning. They can't give me any answers and have suggested I call back tomorrow! My cruise is still showing as a live booking, so fingers crossed it's still happening.

Don't panic- it being chartered is a possibility, but not the most likely one. As several cruises are missing it could be a glitch, it could be sold out, or they may have taken them off sale looking at the possibility of chartering one of them. It's more likely to be the first two, and even the last one doesn't mean anything definitive. 99 times out of 100 the cruise will show up again in a few days!

I'm guessing it's just a glitch in their system as well.

This happened to us last week with the Med cruise we are going on in May on the Spirit. It disappeared from NCL's site for 2 or 3 days last week. I started panicking! Maybe because NCL has cancelled 2 cruises on us in the past year so I'm paranoid about it now. But I called NCL and they said it was sold out which I couldn't believe as there were still plenty of cabins left available the day before it disappeared.

Well, our cruise magically reappeared on NCL's website and is not sold out :rolleyes:

It is still is not listed on the website. I checked with my TA and he thinks it might be sold out. I can't believe two cruises are sold out like that. We too have our airfare and there are 11 of us on the cruise. It is departing from Barcelona and into Rome so there are no other cruises with that itinerary at all. I am concerned though.

Regarding the flights you have booked - you can cancel them anytime within

the 24 hour period of booking without penalty - after that you may have to pay

a change fee per person variable by airline.

However that fee could be waived by the airline "maybe" if the travel dates

change very little with the same destination - but worry first what happen to

the mysterious disappearance of your booked cruise.

Good Luck !

It is still is not listed on the website. I checked with my TA and he thinks it might be sold out. I can't believe two cruises are sold out like that. We too have our airfare and there are 11 of us on the cruise. It is departing from Barcelona and into Rome so there are no other cruises with that itinerary at all. I am concerned though.

It's not just these cruises showing sold out. The Jade 14 night Europe, 2017 sailings all went to sold out status a couple weeks ago. It is concerning to see these sailings go from so much available to sold out so far in advance. Yes, they are desirable itineraries, but NCL doesn't sell out on this many ships 9 + months in advance.

I have been told that my sailing is oversold and as people cancel it should open back up for sale. This may be the case but I do wonder if the impending opening of sales for the Bliss on 1/18/17 may be accompanied by a massive redeployment like what happened August, 2015. Best case scenario is that they are in fact sold out cruises and NCL has the worlds best itineraries and sales team. If it was simply a website glitch and NCL actually does have rooms available, one would think that calling to book would be feasible.

At this point about the only thing that we can do is hope for the best come 1/18. I think if they're announcing another mass redeployment it would be then. After being caught up in the last redeployment I've learned to have a backup plan in place. Since you're locked in with airfare you might want to look at alternative sailings or possibly a land vacation. It's pure speculation to think our sailings are chartered, potentially canceled or redeployed and the only reason I even suspect it is because of the mass redeployment in 2015. Certainly doesn't hurt to have some potential alternatives in mind.

Well my worst fear has happened. They did charter my sailing. I was to go from Barcelona and ending in Rome. Now it is chartered and begins and ends in Barcelona. I already have had my airfare for a couple of months. That is not a little change, it is huge. We chose this cruise because we were out of Barcelona and into Rome so we could spend a couple extra days in Rome. The compensation is absolutely nothing or very, very small. It is only $25 for an indoor cabin and $50 for a balcony, that is it.

Well my worst fear has happened. They did charter my sailing. I was to go from Barcelona and ending in Rome. Now it is chartered and begins and ends in Barcelona. I already have had my airfare for a couple of months. That is not a little change, it is huge. We chose this cruise because we were out of Barcelona and into Rome so we could spend a couple extra days in Rome. The compensation is absolutely nothing or very, very small. It is only $25 for an indoor cabin and $50 for a balcony, that is it.

I am so sorry. We've just had the same thing to happen on our 2017 Celebrity cruise. First notice was from people on roll call noticing their bookings had disappeared. The week prior I couldn't find it on the website. TA was still advertising the cruise for sale...they hadn't been notified until I asked the question. They offered $200 OBC, but only if you chose one of the alternative cruises. There was no real alternative cruise as ours was a unique itinerary. It is a huge change when there is no alternative....at least we weren't in for the air. If I were you I'd look and see if any other line has a cruise doing what you want during the time frame of your airline tickets.

There are no other cruises that go from Barcelona and into Rome, and definitely not on our dates. They are now doing Barcelona to Barcelona and are just referring to it as an itinerary change. My husband said it is like booking a flight, having someone else come in and book the whole plane and then have it go to somewhere else. I don't understand how they can do that. There is another cruise from Venice to Venice but I can't find any others with our itinerary. My husband is not a fan of cruises like I am, I think they are incredible, so he wants to just cancel the whole thing and travel on our own. I don't know what to do.

Is the entire ship chartered as in NCL has told you that they no longer want you on the ship or is it an itinerary change with a different embarkation port? If they still have you booked on the sailing but are telling you that they have changed embarkation countries then they may be willing to pay for the airlines change fees. Rome -Barcelona flights are fairly inexpensive. Good luck and I'm sorry about the changes. A land vacation may be worth looking into.

You may want to look into the regional airlines. Ryanair, easy jet... and see about just getting to Rome via a short flight after cruise. Probably not much more than you would pay for transportation from Rome cruise port to city.

Edited by littlelulu01

Our cruise has not been chartered but the one after ours has been which is why the change. Ours was Oct8-15 out of Barcelona and into Rome. Then the 15th -22nd from Rome to Barcelona. It is the second one that is chartered and they want to leave from Barcelona. They are cancelling the one that is the next week due to the charter.

We are looking at several options, seeing if we can just leave the ship when it is in Rome is one option. My husband wanted this cruise so we could spend several days in Rome after the cruise. Now the itinerary is just one day in Rome, and goes back to Barcelona.