Hi from the Ruby. 1/7/17. Ask away

antsp

Not exactly a question but if you see a Headwaiter named Roberto (VERY tall, large Hispanic gentleman with a huge smile) tell him Allan and Karen say hello and miss him!!!

( And do yourself a favor and get seated in his section! :D ;) )

Everyone is going to want to know what's going on in the dining rooms re: club class

Longer lines for ATD?, etc.

Went for dinner last night about 7.30, waited in line for about 5 mins for a table for 3, then straight on in. The other entrance to left side as you line up has new large sign on the wall ' club class '

Butter is now served, what's that about ?

Mints have gone as you exit the Dining room, tooth picks remain.

Inquiring minds want to know if ALL guests were allowed to have lunch in the main dining room upon boarding on embarkation day. Hmmm?

Yes, inquiring minds do want to know this. Hmmm? :)

Also onboard.

Club Class has its own entry, complete with signage and 'fancy' curtains at the entrance.

We ate in the buffet, didn't do any other recognizance.

Edited by SadieN

Went for dinner last night about 7.30, waited in line for about 5 mins for a table for 3, then straight on in. The other entrance to left side as you line up has new large sign on the wall ' club class '

Weird, we just had mints in November on the Ruby. We never get them, but my 8 year old grabbed a handful each night

They've been doing the "served" butter for at least several months - it was that way for our Nov, Dec cruises on 2 different ships. No great loss, you just tell the waiter how many you want. Cost savings? Infection control?

Ask for the mints. Sometimes they forget to put the dish out. Forgetful? Cost Savings? :D

Not doing a live but if anyone wants any questions answering I will try and accommodate.

I'm on a cruise so I may get distracted, but I'll do my best

Antsp

I'm interested in the weather. How was it coming out of LA? and could you let us know how the weather is in the ports when you report on them.

THANKS!

:)

Reba,

Weather is So. Ca. changes quickly. Today it is pouring rain, tomorrow may be warm.

For our Christmas cruise on the Ruby, it rained when we boarded and was cool.Normally when this occurs we have cool weather the next day( a sea day) .That wasn't the case and our kids went to the pool in the afternoon.

Weather in all the ports was pleasant and not too hot. however in Cabo it was very windy. This was unusual for Cabo.We cruise to Mexico very often and always have had really nice weather. Never had rain.

Weather yesterday in San Diego was perfect for us, mid 70s and sunny, today at sea weather was cloudy this morning buts its slowly warming up.

Pub lunch has gone to a $12 charge for the salty dog, this is the daytime sea day thing, not sure what's happened th other free option, will check it out and report back

All good otherwise usual Princess