Cabin Crawl---how to set up

andymattmom

I've organized a few.

Have people on your roll call indicate their interest in a cabin crawl and if they'd like to volunteer to share their cabin. You only need one or two from any given category, and it helps if you have a couple suites in there. No point in seeing 8 insides.

Once you have a suitable list of cabins to show, look at the deck plans and create a route that makes sense. Figure out where you will end up. For example, on a recent crawl on the Star, we started at Sky Bar and made our way down through the ship, looking at every category including some suites, and finally ending up at one of the deluxe owner's suites. On another, we started the cabin crawl and concluded with the meet and greet in the Garden Villa. The folks at both of these had cocktails and snacks brought by the butler.

A cabin crawl isn't something that the ship helps you organize.

It helps to have someone "vocal" with a sense of humor to keep things moving. If the party gets to be too large, it can help to split it into 2 tours.

The success of these really depends on the interest and the dynamics of your group.

Garden Villa M&G:

gv-mg1.jpg

Edited by triptolemus

We did a cabin crawl on the Star and had a ball. The organizer got cabin numbers from all of the participants and off we went right after the M&G. One CC member couple arranged to be last and had a small party in their Owners Suite. The organizer arranged going from mid to aft to mid to forward. Two cabins were on the same deck as the Owners Suite so those two went right before the Owners Suite. It was great fun!

1) Ask on your roll call for those who are interested in allowing their cabin to be used for a crawl.

2) If you think you will get enough offer to make a list of those who want to attend. Get their cabin numbers for communication purposes on board.

3) When you have enough cabins provided you get a range start to prepare an visiting order. (Finish with the suites!!)

4) When you have a reasonable number of people try to get groups of 6-8 sorted out, with a leader for each group, and start at 5 minute intervals from a meeting point. Most cabins will not take 20 people at once.

5) Be careful of the time you choose so not to overlap with other activities such as the platinum ship tour, the returnees' cocktail party. The first sea day may not be the best choice.

6) Later in the week after the M&G so you can explain there and get to know the cabin hosts.

I've organized a couple and the only other thing I'd suggest is for you to be the leader so you keep the group moving and have your spouse or another cruiser be the tail to push folks along. Always seems to be one or two who want to lolly gag which can really delay the whole thing. I usually suggest that the hosts for each cabin be in the front of the group so that they get to see the other staterooms but can speed ahead to get their room open.

I've never done the times departures/smaller groups that one PP suggested...sounds like an idea worth trying though one might need to have several leaders who know their way around the ship.

I always find these a little weird, but can understand why people enjoy them. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a great way to see the different category of cabins. If you have only sailed, say, in an inside, it can give you an "eye" to the rest of your options!

We do Poker cabin crawls in groups of 6-8 mixed so you are not with your partner.

1 person in charge plans the route & collects $5 per person to play. The host cabins go first & have time to see each others cabins & return to theirs before the groups start.

Need 5 - 7 cabins who are hosts each host has a deck of cards that display in some way their home town, state/province.

The hosts have goodies & drinks in small quantities per person :)at each cabin & hand out one initialed card per person. Gab look around consume for 5-10 min per cabin & move on to the next cabin. Repeat & finally at last cabin the top 3 poker hands divvy up the pot.

Start at inside cabins & work up to the roomiest cabin for the draw.

It has always been so much fun & a great way to meet people. Start in the later morning of the first sea day, after the rooms are made up & before ship activities get started.

Edited by eltigre

Those in a Haven Garden or one of the top end suites contact your butler

for help in putting on the refreshments for the cabin crawl.

Doesn't have to be a full spread or involve alcohol - KISS - keep it simple.

If taking pictures of the various staterooms please use discretion of the

cabin occupants belongings i.e. bathing suits laundry personal items etc.

Get permission to post pix ! Be professional !