Ketchikan Excursions

jdixiecup555

You can walk to the creek yourself - no tour needed - Ketchikan is a small town. The Lumberjack show is cheesy. Recommend the Misty Fjords flight seeing tour instead. Expensive but well worth it!

I completely agree. You can buy a tour book and walk Creek Street yourself. Misty Fjords is beautiful.

The Duck Boat tour for a few dollars more than the Lumberjack show might "see" more of Ketchikan. Depending on timing of the zipline the problem with most excursions is they all start at 7:30-8:00 am. The Saxman Native Village might be an OK time filler.

I suggest the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen’s Tour. It's about 3 hours long. We did this last year and really enjoyed it. We booked our tour through the cruise line, but you can do it independently if you want to.

You might get an idea of what to expect by viewing the pictures my wife took and put on her website at the link below

Bering Sea Crab Fishermen’s Tour

Visit their website at the link below for details.

http://alaskacrabtour.com/Alaska_On_Cruise_Ship.aspx

We walked around town, had lunch, and did some window shopping on one of our previous cruises. You can see my wife's pictures at the link below

Ketchikan Walk About

Alaska is amazing! Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by JimAOk1945

We took a local bus to Totem Bight ourselves, without paying for a tour.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Ditto. Our goal for Ketchikan was the Totem Bight, Totem Heritage Center, and Saxman Park. Hard to do with public transportation in one day, but we were there for two days and took advantage of that.

Creek Street and Totem Heritage Center are both easily walkable from the ship and easy to do on your own. Agree about taking the city bus to Totem Bight...easy and fun. We did Saxman on a tour that we picked up at the booths when we left the ship....lots of things available! And if it's a nice day you could pick up a flightseeing tour to Misty Fjords....yes, expensive but WOW! beautiful! (We have been there several times and always find something to do!)

Public bus to Totem Bight was easy to do when we were there. Just check out the schedule ahead of time to plan your visit. We walked up to Creek Street after getting back to town and then walked up the Married Men's Trail and took the funicular back down.

On previous cruises, we did a kayaking excursion that was great. On our first cruise we snorkeled, which was wonderful.