Carnival Vista moving to Galveston

Margaritaville TX

I was so excited to read that the Vista is coming to Galveston next year. Galveston is 30 minutes from our house and I have been wanting to sail on the Vista. We are booking our cruise tomorrow morning for October 2018. DH wants to try the Havana Balcony Cabins, so we are going to try them out. Something different but hopefully we like them. We always book balcony rooms but these aren't right on top of the water. They look very nice though!

So happy with this news , Vista has too many bad reviews.

I enjoyed my 11 days on the Vista so much so that we are actually excited to see the Vista come to Galveston because we want to book again. That's about 40% less distance we have to fly from Reno to get a Caribbean cruise and we want to do a Western Caribbean next. We were unable to do everything on the Vista in 11 days, so we may consider doing a B2B to make it 14 days......price is pretty similar to our 11 day if we do that. Looking at October 2018 as our school district takes a week off in October so we would only need to take our kids out for a week.

Considering Galveston currently has two conquest class ships and one Dream class ship, would it be out of line to think that with the coming of Vista that they would replace Freedom with Dream? Ending up with a conquest class running 4 and 5 day, dream class and Vista class running 7 days?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Considering Galveston currently has two conquest class ships and one Dream class ship, would it be out of line to think that with the coming of Vista that they would replace Freedom with Dream? Ending up with a conquest class running 4 and 5 day, dream class and Vista class running 7 days?

I'm one who actually prefers the Conquest class over the Dream. Haven't been on the Vista though. Can't wait to experience it. :)

I wish! I really want a Dream class in Galveston.

This sucks! I booked Vista for Jan. 2018 and was planning a big trip to Florida. Maybe they are replacing with Horizon and we'll be able to switch.

I believe I read the Vista isn't moving to Galveston until September 2018. If you are cruising in January you should be fine.

I'm one who actually prefers the Conquest class over the Dream. Haven't been on the Vista though. Can't wait to experience it. :)

Fortunately you'd still have valor if they did decide to do this. However it seems like they tend to have freedom sail the Panama Canal. Can the dream class fit in the Panama Canal?

I wish! I really want a Dream class in Galveston.

I'm hoping the same. Although I haven't been on a dream class yet( only been on freedom. Have Breeze booked for march) It seems like the natural progression of things to me.

Never ben on Vista. What kind of theater do they have?

It's called a multi function theater, in essence it smaller and the floor in front of the stage as flat with chairs and small tables that can moved (the redo of the Sunshine is whree this was piloted - as was several new concepts). The shows use part of this area during the show. There has been much talk about it here, with some saying the shows were overcrowded. Our experience in sailing on the Vista (and we went to all the shows) is they were never full. We loved the Vista, Galveston should be thankful for getting her.

I think they are just trying to be fair to all cruisers. California doesn't really get any new ships, and Galveston can still go to the Caribbean. It makes sense to have one here and one there. I'm sure there are people who would prefer to not have to pay for a plane ticket to Florida just to experience the new ship.

I'm happy the Breeze is coming back to Florida. I live about an hour and a half from Port Canaveral and will be excited to sail on the Breeze (since I booked the Breeze for my honeymoon, but then Carnival moved it to Galveston months before my cruise).

I think they are just trying to be fair to all cruisers. California doesn't really get any new ships, and Galveston can still go to the Caribbean. It makes sense to have one here and one there. I'm sure there are people who would prefer to not have to pay for a plane ticket to Florida just to experience the new ship.

I'm happy the Breeze is coming back to Florida. I live about an hour and a half from Port Canaveral and will be excited to sail on the Breeze (since I booked the Breeze for my honeymoon, but then Carnival moved it to Galveston months before my cruise).

LOL, don't fool yourself. It is much more about supply and demand. The Vista is their newest ship which will demand a higher cruise fare. Galveston is one of their most popular ports with over 5 million people within a 3 hour drive.

It's called a multi function theater, in essence it smaller and the floor in front of the stage as flat with chairs and small tables that can moved (the redo of the Sunshine is whree this was piloted - as was several new concepts). The shows use part of this area during the show. There has been much talk about it here, with some saying the shows were overcrowded. Our experience in sailing on the Vista (and we went to all the shows) is they were never full. We loved the Vista, Galveston should be thankful for getting her.

Thanks Jimbo.

Fog only seems to be a huge issue here because the people who do get inconvenienced are very vocal about it. They'd lost in a sea of posts if people started posting "Sailed this week with no fog". I'm about thirty minutes from the island, and close to the water, so when Galveston gets fog we usually get fog. So far this year hasn't been bad. We did have a couple of years recently where fog was more of a problem than usual so I'm guessing that's where Galveston's undeserved reputation is coming from.

This sucks! I booked Vista for Jan. 2018 and was planning a big trip to Florida. Maybe they are replacing with Horizon and we'll be able to switch.

Jan. 2018 is 9 months Before the scheduled Sept. 2018 change.

Fog only seems to be a huge issue here because the people who do get inconvenienced are very vocal about it. They'd lost in a sea of posts if people started posting "Sailed this week with no fog". I'm about thirty minutes from the island, and close to the water, so when Galveston gets fog we usually get fog. So far this year hasn't been bad. We did have a couple of years recently where fog was more of a problem than usual so I'm guessing that's where Galveston's undeserved reputation is coming from.

I agree. I've lived in Tampa and in Texas, and we used to have more incidences of heavy fog in Tampa than I ever hear about from Galveston. It does happen, but only in the winter months, not year round. And just as you said, bigger ships, more pax, more vocal- lots more posts complaining about it here.

Tampa has a very narrow channel and if there's fog, we'd hear about ships being inconvenienced from time to time in the winter.

Edited by Shaded Lady