Liquor store San Juan port

We sail on the Jewel of the Seas tomorrow out of San Juan. We have been here once before, but did not see a liquor store on site. Does anyone know if you can buy wine/champagne at the port? If so, where is the store located? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Folks in Puerto Rico should start a drone delivery system like on Amazon. I would book a balcony every time and it would pay for itself. You wouldn't even have to carry it or worry about it getting confiscated.

Edited by Mojo Daddy

...and there is a wine store in the pier check in area as well, per the start of this thread.:)

Yeah I know, my post was in regards the two posts I quoted, one who was mentioning that they thought there might be liquor at wal-greens (so I confirmed that) and yours, where you mentioned it couldn't be brought on board, so I was just clarifying the liquor vs wine thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Yeah I know, my post was in regards the two posts I quoted, one who was mentioning that they thought there might be liquor at wal-greens (so I confirmed that) and yours, where you mentioned it couldn't be brought on board, so I was just clarifying the liquor vs wine thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got it! :)

The Walgreens is across from the piers in Old San Juan. The Royal ships depart from the Pan American Pier across the channel from OSJ. Nothing near the Pan American Pier other than the wine store in the terminal.

We cruised out of San Juan on Adventure last June. We bought 4 bottles of Beringer wine (2 Pinot Noir, 2 Sauvignon Blanc) plus 2 large bottles of water (as noted above, probably 32 oz each) for $48.

And if I remember correctly (big if), the store in the Pan American terminal also sells duty free liquor. I seem to remember wondering why, since you're not allowed to bring it onboard. Maybe you can check it and get it back at the end of the cruise, or maybe other cruise lines that leave from there allow you to bring on liquor???

One other thing worth mentioning...the store clerk told us that we can bring our 2 bottles of wine onboard, then get off the ship, come back to the store, get 2 more bottles, and re-board without a problem. We didn't try that since we had 4 bottles already (2 cabins), but no one even looked at us or our wine when we boarded the ship.

We sail on the Jewel of the Seas tomorrow out of San Juan. We have been here once before, but did not see a liquor store on site. Does anyone know if you can buy wine/champagne at the port? If so, where is the store located? Thanks for your help.

We bought wine at the part two years ago... Decent selection, as I recall.

Do they still allow you to bring some bottled water and a certain amount of soda onboard? If so, does anyone know the limit allowed?

Thanks!

The limit is tecnically zero, but they usually don't enforce the rules in the case of water and soda.

The Walgreens is across from the piers in Old San Juan. The Royal ships depart from the Pan American Pier across the channel from OSJ. Nothing near the Pan American Pier other than the wine store in the terminal.

We cruised out of San Juan on Adventure last June. We bought 4 bottles of Beringer wine (2 Pinot Noir, 2 Sauvignon Blanc) plus 2 large bottles of water (as noted above, probably 32 oz each) for $48.

We were just on Anthem OTS last month and we docked at the Old San Juan Pier. Navigator OTS was also there with us. Perhaps if you are starting the cruise in San Juan they use the Pan American Pier?