Why not just get rid of "Chic Night"?

jsf

I did. The great people on my roll call assured me that most of you are idiots[emoji8]

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

You seem to really dish the insults out,yet you have little tolerance for anything at all that smacks of a jab. Putting a smiley face at the end of calling me an idiot, does not make it acceptable.

Some folks have merely expressed that they prefer to have a couple dress-up nights. Yet many of you (the collective you) have ridiculed then, called them names (antiquated, backward, costumers, old, etc), and told them to go elsewhere....and demanded they forget about it and get on board with the new way of doing things. And worse, many of you (again,the collective you) complain bitterly that you are being put upon by even the suggestion that dressing formally a night or two was missed.

Why shouldn't people express this opinion?Why shouldn't they let Celebrity know that they miss it? That they messed up with that decision? There are lots of people who complained bitterly about luggage valet, when it went away. Guess what? They brought it back..at least on trial.

How boring the world would be if everyone was just a sheep following the flock.

Well I just can't help myself from "dressing up" and wearing my bling all nights on our cruises. DH no longer brings his tux' date=' and most of the time, not even a suit. He packs a jacket and tie, but most nights wears a nice shirt and khakis. I, however, will be continuing to pack my maxi-dresses, silky tops and bling accessories.

These cruises are our "romantic" getaways, and each evening is like getting ready for a date! I have getting ready down to a science and it only takes me a half hour to an hour, depending on if the hair needs washing :) (every other day)

Semantics aside, I don't care if it's called formal night, evening chic, or casual, every night many of we ladies like to sparkle!![/quote']

We like to dress up on our cruises. This June we will be on the Equinox, our first Celebrity cruise. It would be nice to hear from you after your March cruise about what the guys wear on Chic nights. My DH likes to wear his Tux. I know people will say to wear what we want. But, I don't want him to be the only one that dressed up.

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to your opinion.

I personally think they look fine but they could be seen as flip-flops, which are specifically in the dress code. Why try to be confrontational by making the staff have to consider whether or not this choice is a flip-flop? And will you be prepared with other footwear should they deem them inappropriate?

Good point!

You seem to really dish the insults out,yet you have little tolerance for anything at all that smacks of a jab. Putting a smiley face at the end of calling me an idiot, does not make it acceptable.

Some folks have merely expressed that they prefer to have a couple dress-up nights. Yet many of you (the collective you) have ridiculed then, called them names (antiquated, backward, costumers, old, etc), and told them to go elsewhere....and demanded they forget about it and get on board with the new way of doing things. And worse, many of you (again,the collective you) complain bitterly that you are being put upon by even the suggestion that dressing formally a night or two was missed.

Why shouldn't people express this opinion?Why shouldn't they let Celebrity know that they miss it? That they messed up with that decision? There are lots of people who complained bitterly about luggage valet, when it went away. Guess what? They brought it back..at least on trial.

How boring the world would be if everyone was just a sheep following the flock.

Some folk have done much more than "merely" expressing a preference for a couple of nights dressing up. In a thread dating from before you joined CC, some posters (and at least one who is posting on this thread) were disgustingly rude and bullying towards people who at the time weren't in favour of the Formal Dress code in place at the time. Repeated denigrating naming calling, repeated boasting of getting people kicked out of restaurants, and repeated suggestions that people clear off to a more downmarket cruise line. And this poster is still saying these things .

It's hardly surprising to me that when the rules change and those people find them self losing the argument that some people ,who were previously insulted by these very same posters, push back.

We like to dress up on our cruises. This June we will be on the Equinox, our first Celebrity cruise. It would be nice to hear from you after your March cruise about what the guys wear on Chic nights. My DH likes to wear his Tux. I know people will say to wear what we want. But, I don't want him to be the only one that dressed up.

If having a true formal night is part of the cruise experience for you, why does it matter to do if others aren't dressed as formally? I would hope the even the worst-mannered pax wouldn't be pointing and laughing. My last cruise, there was a guy who chose to get fully attired in a white tux and seemed to be having a splendid time dancing in the Rendez-Vous. Even if I was only in a collared shirt, I thought he was awesome.

And yet, those of us who aren't fond of formal nights have been called "bums" that "belong at a flea-market."

Wear what you want. Put on your tux and tails. Be especially pedantic and explain for the millionth time that it's actually a dinner suit. No judgment here.

But do me the favor of giving me the same courtesy.

Some folk have done much more than "merely" expressing a preference for a couple of nights dressing up. In a thread dating from before you joined CC, some posters (and at least one who is posting on this thread) were disgustingly rude and bullying towards people who at the time weren't in favour of the Formal Dress code in place at the time. Repeated denigrating naming calling, repeated boasting of getting people kicked out of restaurants, and repeated suggestions that people clear off to a more downmarket cruise line. And this poster is still saying these things .

It's hardly surprising to me that when the rules change and those people find them self losing the argument that some people ,who were previously insulted by these very same posters, push back.

Well, as adults,I assume we have learned the lesson that two wrongs do not make a right, long ago. Unfortunately that seems not to be the case. Most folks here in favor of dressing up (2 nights out of 7-14 mind you) have been very nice in stating their opinion and with the caveat "to each his own". The push back has been awful. Bullying is a good word for it. Even though I'm sure he meant to be funny, the pictures posted above are just really offensive put in context of the whole tenor of the thread. Disgraceful actually.

This is the crux of the issue. Wear formal clothes if you wish, but please don't try to mandate them for others. The rest of us don't want formal wear

I'm sure I read it on this forum and I agreed with it, that the real purpose of Chic nights was to sell a load of photos. Maybe a simple view but I suspect very accurate.

Would that be a marked difference from the number of photos they sell on a Formal Night (as was)?

Are people in a mind set to buy or not to buy these irrespective of what they wear? Personally we find the photos ridiculously overpriced and just not the sort photos we like. We much prefer impromptu photos with little time to pose. Each to their own

Amen. Some, not all, of the pro-formal posters were downright rude, proving the point that you can put lipstick on a pig and still it is a pig. They may be dressed to the nines, but have no qualms about insulting their fellow passengers clothes or trying to get them kicked out of the MDR.

Amen. Some, not all, of the pro-formal posters were downright rude, proving the point that you can put lipstick on a pig and still it is a pig. They may be dressed to the nines, but have no qualms about insulting their fellow passengers clothes or trying to get them kicked out of the MDR.

I would love it if you PM me the url to that thread, I am about to have my afternoon coffee and need something to read to keep me entertained !!

I would love it if you PM me the url to that thread, I am about to have my afternoon coffee and need something to read to keep me entertained !!

The dress code threads were rolled into one sticky at the top of the page. I believe some of the ruder remarks have been removed by the moderator. You would need something stronger than coffee to read those.

One of the most notorious set of posts featured

(1) Insults such as "slobs", "onslows", "trailer trash"

(2) Claims that you should go and find another more downmarket Cruise line

(3) proud at the fact they had people evicted from their table

(4) Pointing people out to the Maitre D as to who should be evicted

Pretty dispicable behaviour IMO

You don't find the phrase "dress like bums" offensive because you dont think it applies to you. If you felt that phrase was being directed towards you or your family you might think otherwise. Its just a form of bullying, if you're comfortable with that ....

Oh dear, it seems like the thought police are around and as for bullying, we are adults not children at primary school. Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if you don't agree with it, it's called free speech, and long may it continue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the most notorious set of posts featured

(1) Insults such as "slobs", "onslows", "trailer trash"

(2) Claims that you should go and find another more downmarket Cruise line

(3) proud at the fact they had people evicted from their table

(4) Pointing people out to the Maitre D as to who should be evicted

Pretty dispicable behaviour IMO

I agree.

Edited by galensgrl

Oh dear, it seems like the thought police are around and as for bullying, we are adults not children at primary school. Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if you don't agree with it, it's called free speech, and long may it continue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Freedom of Speech is a qualified, not absolute, right

The dress code threads were rolled into one sticky at the top of the page. I believe some of the ruder remarks have been removed by the moderator. You would need something stronger than coffee to read those.

Sorry I missed them, those types of threads always make for an entertaining read.

What I would like to see:

1. Bring back formal night

2. Reduce alcohol prices

3. Stop all inclusive

4. Stop the packages

5. Stop the cut backs

6. Reduce the prices of the speciality restaurants

7. Invest in a greater variety of music and musicians

8. Mix things up with a jazz brunch in a specialty restaurant on sea days

9. Stop the stupid animate around the pool.

10. As all this won't happen I will need to win the big lottery and buy my own yacht.