HAL has refined the art of Making it near impossible to book a cruise with them.

sail7seas

Thanks to all who wrote such ni ce, messaes. Itr wook a lon time and lots o emotion for me to et to the point I was ready to book HAL again. I am glas I now have a booking in place, HAL was a vvcery big part of our life together and i don't want to give it up now..

nice people here are nice people, shame the usuals cannot d find thei 'nice button. :) My local friends weerw happy to hear I'm f goin back to HAL, Going alone will b e 'd ifferent.'

Sail, I am so happy to see that you have reached the point where you can look forward to cruising on HAL again.

It does take a long time and lots of emotion to be a solo and resume the life you enjoyed as a couple. Going alone will indeed by different and there will be times that you will think or say "oh I wish that my late husband could be here to enjoy this".

I believe you will find (as I did on my Holiday cruise) that once people know that you are a widow now cruising alone they will go out of their way to help you through the sad moments and to add to your enjoyment of the cruise. Bless you and please let us know how it goes.:)

There are some truly lovely people here who s o generously have wished me well. I greatly appreciaite it. I know it will feel oood to arrive rhe terminal see an hAL ship an to board, her. It is time now for me to do that

Hi Sail, I saw your thread when you first opened it over the weekend and though I was unable to offer any constructive advice (beyond what was already suggested), I was hoping for a good outcome for you. I've just returned today and see that is has gone the direction you wanted and I'm very happy for you. I'm sure you will enjoy your suite and your cruise - patience does pay off I guess! Happy Sailing! :)

Edited by joepeka

Soooo, I got the usual suite we almost always book on the class of ship I booke.d I c alled this morning, got PCC I knew from when myPCC of many years on retired, this p PCC Hhas his act together and he mader my booking into 'my' Neptun suite e, in blink of an eye. I havv e my conirfmation, booked m t hird pafty insuance and am enjjoying that wonderful feeling of knowing I have a H AL cuise booked.

I'm so happy to hear that it worked out for you. I hope you have a wonderful cruise & are blessed with lovely memories of your past cruises. :)