HAL has refined the art of Making it near impossible to book a cruise with them.

sail7seas

Soooo, I got the usual suite we almost always book on the class of ship I booke.d I c alled this morning, got PCC I knew from when myPCC of many years on retired, this p PCC Hhas his act together and he mader my booking into 'my' Neptun suite e, in blink of an eye. I havv e my conirfmation, booked m t hird pafty insuance and am enjjoying that wonderful feeling of knowing I have a H AL cuise booked.

So glad you were able to get a cruise booked with HAL. I can understand that you must have had so many mixed emotions over the last few days, waiting to get this finalized.

Welcome home.

Soooo, I got the usual suite we almost always book on the class of ship I booke.d I c alled this morning, got PCC I knew from when myPCC of many years on retired, this p PCC Hhas his act together and he mader my booking into 'my' Neptun suite e, in blink of an eye. I havv e my conirfmation, booked m t hird pafty insuance and am enjjoying that wonderful feeling of knowing I have a H AL cuise booked.

So glad to hear it Sail! Have a wonderful cruise!

Happy for you. Wishing you new and wonderful memories.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks to all who wrote such ni ce, messaes. Itr wook a lon time and lots o emotion for me to et to the point I was ready to book HAL again. I am glas I now have a booking in place, HAL was a vvcery big part of our life together and i don't want to give it up now..

nice people here are nice people, shame the usuals cannot d find thei 'nice button. :) My local friends weerw happy to hear I'm f goin back to HAL, Going alone will b e 'd ifferent.'

So, we will again ask the time worn question. Why would anyone even want to book directly with HAL or any other cruise line? We say this having been on far more then 100 cruises including nearly 500 days with HAL. By shopping around among our favorite cruise agencies we are able to save 7-10% on almost every cruise booking. On one particular Prinsendam cruise we saved over $3000 by simply NOT booking directly with HAL.

But for those that stubbornly cling to ideas like "we want to maintain control," "we love our PCC," etc. we say, thank you for contributing to the bottom line (we are stockholders). But your loyalty to booking direct is not serving you nearly as well as you may think.

Hank

So true I phoned HAL directly one time the price they gave me was crazy high ! I think they must prefer not doing the booking ! Or if they do they want to make a lot more profit. It's hard to understand why it would not be less expensive to book directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also have been having problems with the web site. Can not save favorites anymore. Can not delete old favorites. When I click on one of my favorites, it pulls up 776 cruises leaving by date. What gives?

Just call, it is much easier and you can usually get things from a phone call that you can't from the website.

bolding is mine. I always check my reservation on the hal site, cabin, etc. But i have never been able to see the price on my reservation. Sure, i can get it on a dummy booking but since my ta has better pricing than there, no way to verify it that i am aware of.

How do you check your pricing?

I have her confirmation saying paid in full. So, as far as i am concerned, i sould be able to print off my docs in a few weeks ;)

:) :) :) :) .... :rolleyes: Edited by sail7seas

Thanks to all who wrote such ni ce, messaes. Itr wook a lon time and lots o emotion for me to et to the point I was ready to book HAL again. I am glas I now have a booking in place, HAL was a vvcery big part of our life together and i don't want to give it up now..

nice people here are nice people, shame the usuals cannot d find thei 'nice button. :) My local friends weerw happy to hear I'm f goin back to HAL, Going alone will b e 'd ifferent.'

Sail, so happy to hear of your success. It can be so frustrating to know exactly what you want and have to fight to get it done correctly.

I hope that this is the only speed bump in your planning, and you are able to look forward to your cruise with a smile.

So happy you are ready to sail again and all worked out like you wanted. Such a shame there was so much frustration getting to this point. I have depended on your great knowledge and experience in the past, and I have always appreciated you. Wishing you a wonderful cruise on your new journey into this phase of your life. Diane

That's wonderful news. Sometimes a new day makes a difference.

Thanks to all who wrote such ni ce, messaes. Itr wook a lon time and lots o emotion for me to get to the point I was ready to book HAL again. I am glad I now have a booking in place, HAL was a cery big part of our life together and i don't want to give it up now..

nice people here are nice people, shame the usuals cannot d find their 'nice button. :) (Maybe they don't have a 'nice button'. :D, My local friends weer happy to hear I'm f going back to HAL, Going alone will b e 'd ifferent.'

Thank you to the very nice posters who wrote such nice messages. Nice people aer nice poeopel. and those who are not,,,,,,,,,, are not. :)Funny thing about Karma, though.

Just read through this thread and am so happy to see you didn't give up and finally got what you wanted. Very excited to see you are ready to return to HAL and your Neptune suite. Sending a big hug your way.

Thank you, KK. Fiends invited me to sail with them on Celebrity and I knew it was time I made my way back to HAL. Unril now, I just was not ready. I am happy to have this booking in place. We always had many HAL cruises booked but it's been a long time and i misse HAL ships and crews. For us, HAL has always been about the people.

I'm so glad you got it all worked out. I hope walking onto the ship feels like a homecoming and it's all smooth sailing.

Thank you, KK. Fiends invited me to sail with them on Celebrity and I knew it was time I made my way back to HAL. Unril now, I just was not ready. I am happy to have this booking in place. We always had many HAL cruises booked but it's been a long time and i misse HAL ships and crews. For us, HAL has always been about the people.

So very happy that you are happy to have a HAL booking! Only you can tell when the timing is right! Enjoy the good feeling, the happy dance and all your planning! m--

There are some truly lovely people here who s o generously have wished me well. I greatly appreciaite it. I know it will feel oood to arrive rhe terminal see an hAL ship an to board, her. It is time now for me to do that

Edited by sail7seas