Reason for problems with $99 pre-purchase photo package on some cruises

RSF Cruiser

All the photos have a bar code on the side. They just use a wand to read the code, pull up thumbnails of the photos, then upload them to your USB stick.

As an aside, we misplaced our USB stick during the cruise and they were able to find ALL the pics they'd already loaded onto the first stick and put them on a second one! We later found the first stick in our luggage. lol.

I think Princess are on to a winner here. On our last cruise there were no print outs, just digital images on a screen. I never saw anyone looking at them.

Does that mean that you only get digital images and not paper copies? I think the older ships print them all out, don't they? I wouldn't want just the digital copies.

Tracey

Does that mean that you only get digital images and not paper copies? I think the older ships print them all out, don't they? I wouldn't want just the digital copies.

Tracey

You get paper and digital images of every picture with you or others in your cabin that you want.

Are boarding and port pictures included in this package as well, or are they just the pictures they take around dinner time?

Yes. The package includes pictures taken on boarding, port pictures, formal portraits, informal portatraits, and any candid pictures the ship's photographers take at events.

Hi everyone,

I was just able to purchase the $99 all inclusive photo package for our April 1, 2018 cruise!

We just got back in December from Royal Caribbean and paid $249 for 10 pictures with digital copy, so this offer is a fantastic deal.

As mentioned, the banner was gone, but it was still listed when you clicked on the photo link.

Also, it lists the following: *Pre-cruise promotional offer valid through February 28, 2017 only.

Yes. The package includes pictures taken on boarding, port pictures, formal portraits, informal portatraits, and any candid pictures the ship's photographers take at events.

With this kind of package, have the lines become longer for formal and informal portraits at the atrium area? Very few would hesitate to have their pictures taken.

With this kind of package, have the lines become longer for formal and informal portraits at the atrium area? Very few would hesitate to have their pictures taken.

I think the size of the line varies by time, too. There were less people waiting for pictures after dinner and during the shows. We didn't find the lines to be a problem. I'm sure some

people did.

The lines weren't bad on our sailing, but no idea how many knew about and purchased the package. It's possible they may get worse.

My husband and I didn't pose at every station-- at most we did 3 on a formal night, and one on the other nights. We only need so many portraits of ourselves ;-) Not actually sure what I'm going to do with all of them -- maybe rotate them in a frame

The lines weren't bad on our sailing, but no idea how many knew about and purchased the package. It's possible they may get worse.

My husband and I didn't pose at every station-- at most we did 3 on a formal night, and one on the other nights. We only need so many portraits of ourselves ;-) Not actually sure what I'm going to do with all of them -- maybe rotate them in a frame

The photos I didn't put in a frame I put in a binder. That way I periodically leaf through the photos and all of the fun we had taking the pictures. We did silly/fun poses for many of them. I also make photo books of trips, so it was nice having all of the digital images to put in my book.

The photos I didn't put in a frame I put in a binder. That way I periodically leaf through the photos and all of the fun we had taking the pictures. We did silly/fun poses for many of them. I also make photo books of trips, so it was nice having all of the digital images to put in my book.

I used to scrapbook extensively, so may put a bunch in a book. We did some silly poses, and wish we had done more.

I had tried a week or so ago to do this, and still could not. I even called Princess and they could not access it and I was told almost the same thing as the OP.

My cruise is in May 2018.

After reading this full topic -I went over to Princess to look, and I CAN (and did) order the $99 package. This is what it said:

Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise for one low price. Plus, purchase pre-cruise and save $100 USD compared to the onboard price of $199 USD*.

*Pre-cruise promotional offer valid through February 28, 2017 only.

So, if you are booked in 2018 - you might want to go look and see if you can book it now.

Edited by Imalismom

My cruise is planned for March of 2018. I checked my cruise personalizer today and the red banner announcing the "PRE-CRUISE EXCLUSIVE" is now gone.

C/S advises that this is a "test" program available for just this year, ie., 2017 cruises. But since some of you have gotten it for 2018, I guess C/S is once again giving out different info from rep to rep. :)

Edited by tothemall&beyond

When this thread was first started I checked both of my cruises -- December 2017 and March 2018. The banner was on both of them about the $99 special but I was only able to select it for the December 2017 cruise. I went ahead and put it in my shopping cart intending to go back and purchase the one for March 2018 in a few weeks. When I went back to make my purchase, the banner was gone on my March 2018 cruise and there was not an option to purchase the package either at a discounted rate or full price. I purchased it for my December 2017 cruise which is a 7 day. Since my March 2018 cruise is 28 days, I wonder if that is why it is not being offered since some people are able to purchase for 2018.

When this thread was first started I checked both of my cruises -- December 2017 and March 2018. The banner was on both of them about the $99 special but I was only able to select it for the December 2017 cruise. I went ahead and put it in my shopping cart intending to go back and purchase the one for March 2018 in a few weeks. When I went back to make my purchase, the banner was gone on my March 2018 cruise and there was not an option to purchase the package either at a discounted rate or full price. I purchased it for my December 2017 cruise which is a 7 day. Since my March 2018 cruise is 28 days, I wonder if that is why it is not being offered since some people are able to purchase for 2018.

Try to purchase it now. On 1/30 in the evening I was able to get it. My cruise is also in March 2018, but only 14 days.

Hello, if you go back a couple of pages, you will note that someone has said Princess has limited this offer to cruises of 20 days or less. So you are out of luck on your 28 day cruise. I was able to purchase this package for my upcoming 29 day cruise on April 12. But it is also gone now from my Cruise Personalizer.