Reason for problems with $99 pre-purchase photo package on some cruises

RSF Cruiser

Question about this special - do I have to pay for it before my cruise, or can I just add it to my cart and pay for it at the end of my cruise? I currently have it in my cart but better pay for it before it disappears if I need to!

Yes, you will need to pay for it prior to your cruise. There is also a note at the top of the Photography page on the website that says. "All prices are subject to change without notice." So it is probably a good idea to take advantage of the lower price while it is still available.

Edited by PrincessNancy

Just purchased this deal. I had no idea it existed until I read about it here.

It's a great deal...

Do you save up your pictures until the end of the cruise or can you pick them up whenever you look at new pictures?

Thanks

I find it easier to pick up the pictures each day. It takes a few minutes for the photography staff to scan the pictures and then download them onto the thumb drive. On our 15 day cruise we had 325 pictures! It would have taken forever to download them at the end. You don't have to worry about which photo you want, since you get all of them anyway! Also, I like to display our pictures in our cabin so we can enjoy the photos during the cruise.

For what its worth.

We are on the Majestic Princess on the 18th June from Singapore to Shanghai and its not available to us either to pre-purchase

So maybe it selective and not available for all cruises this year. Even princess cruises yesterday advised me it was not available for this cruise.

Yet some people on our roll call advised they could see it and had infact purchased it. So perhaps it maybe region specific -ie not available for those in Australia to pre purchase.

For what its worth.

We are on the Majestic Princess on the 18th June from Singapore to Shanghai and its not available to us either to pre-purchase

So maybe it selective and not available for all cruises this year. Even princess cruises yesterday advised me it was not available for this cruise.

Yet some people on our roll call advised they could see it and had infact purchased it. So perhaps it maybe region specific -ie not available for those in Australia to pre purchase.

Not available to us in UK either

Here's where we found it for our upcoming 7 day cruise on the Regal.

Go to Princess.com, open your sailing information by clicking on the Cruise Personalizer, then select Onboard Reservations, located at the top of the page, then click on View Options in the Photography section, hopefully you will see the All Inclusive Photo package at the discounted price! It is listed for $99 if we pay for it prior to the cruise--discounted from $199.

Nancy

thank you I'll give it a try

Not available to us in UK either

I found it on my Cruise Personaliser yesterday.

£79.20 via On Board Reservations

Photo packages

First Option

We are on Crown Princess 13.05.17.

Edited by upwarduk

Here's where we found it for our upcoming 7 day cruise on the Regal.

Go to Princess.com, open your sailing information by clicking on the Cruise Personalizer, then select Onboard Reservations, located at the top of the page, then click on View Options in the Photography section, hopefully you will see the All Inclusive Photo package at the discounted price! It is listed for $99 if we pay for it prior to the cruise--discounted from $199.

Nancy

I just did the photo package. I was surprised that it was only 99 for a 15 day cruise

Looking for someone back from a cruise with this package. How did it go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

It was good. Requires a bit of effort to go find the images, and I was told a few times that I needed to come turn them in at a later time (if the last batch wasn't back yet, they wouldn't take more for scanning). One picture didn't end up getting returned or scanned -- so our only port image is MIA. On my cruise last year (NCL) all of the images were available for review and purchase on a computer -- no hunting anything down. Hopefully Princess is moving towards this model, as it is a lot more efficient for everyone.

They have terms and conditions for the package, that no one gets when pre-purchasing online. That's a big issue for me. I don't like "bait and switch" situations, so am contacting corporate. The "All-Inclusive" package that "includes ALL your images from your cruise" does not actually include all of them, if you do any special events. Was forewarned by another CC member, but still feel the issue should be addressed. If they have T&C for the package, then provide them upfront and it's all good. If they don't provide them before purchase, then they can't expect me to abide by them.

Overall, I recommend the package. Photographers were fun, quick, took about 5 shots at each station onboard. I don't love the image backgrounds, so was happy that they offered some plain ones in addition to the ship, etc. We ended up with a ton of pics of ourselves. Not sure what I will do with all of them -- but it was a lot more enjoyable taking the pics, knowing I would get all that I wanted....mostly.

They have terms and conditions for the package, that no one gets when pre-purchasing online. That's a big issue for me. I don't like "bait and switch" situations, so am contacting corporate. The "All-Inclusive" package that "includes ALL your images from your cruise" does not actually include all of them, if you do any special events. Was forewarned by another CC member, but still feel the issue should be addressed. If they have T&C for the package, then provide them upfront and it's all good. If they don't provide them before purchase, then they can't expect me to abide by them.

Hi I was just wondering what you mean by special events? Is it one that was organized by yourself or is it say like the pictures taken on formal nights or the 8'X10" photos taken? Thanks for your clarification. Have a good day.

I find it easier to pick up the pictures each day. It takes a few minutes for the photography staff to scan the pictures and then download them onto the thumb drive. On our 15 day cruise we had 325 pictures! It would have taken forever to download them at the end. You don't have to worry about which photo you want, since you get all of them anyway! Also, I like to display our pictures in our cabin so we can enjoy the photos during the cruise.

are the pictures already printed and displayed on the walls or do you bring them up on the computer and you pick what you want printed

We did a vow renewal and UBD. I'm sure there are other exclusions but we never were presented with the actual T&C's. All the photos taken at the photo op stations (formal night, port stops, etc) were included.

Thank you for your reply. Just wondering if this includes the formal pictures taken at the different stations on formal night. Thanks again.

are the pictures already printed and displayed on the walls or do you bring them up on the computer and you pick what you want printed

The pictures are printed and put up in the display racks. You have to go and find your pictures, then they scan the actual photos for your digital copy. Doesn't make a lot of sense to do it this way, but I guess they don't have the tech installed to do it the other way

The pictures are printed and put up in the display racks. You have to go and find your pictures, then they scan the actual photos for your digital copy. Doesn't make a lot of sense to do it this way, but I guess they don't have the tech installed to do it the other way

So are you presented with a group of digital photos, or print outs at the end of the cruise?

thanks

It was good. Requires a bit of effort to go find the images, and I was told a few times that I needed to come turn them in at a later time (if the last batch wasn't back yet, they wouldn't take more for scanning). One picture didn't end up getting returned or scanned -- so our only port image is MIA. On my cruise last year (NCL) all of the images were available for review and purchase on a computer -- no hunting anything down. Hopefully Princess is moving towards this model, as it is a lot more efficient for everyone.

Overall, I recommend the package. Photographers were fun, quick, took about 5 shots at each station onboard. I don't love the image backgrounds, so was happy that they offered some plain ones in addition to the ship, etc. We ended up with a ton of pics of ourselves. Not sure what I will do with all of them -- but it was a lot more enjoyable taking the pics, knowing I would get all that I wanted....mostly.

Any chance it's the cute ship USB stick that they save your photos on? I'll likely get the package anyway; I'm just curious.

So are you presented with a group of digital photos, or print outs at the end of the cruise?

You collect your printed photos, and turn them in at the desk. They prefer you do this daily. They then scan the images and put them on the flash drive (the cute one shaped like a ship). They tell you to come back after 6pm the next day. When you come back, you collect any new photos off the racks, turn those in and they hand you a folder with the last batch of printed photos that they already scanned.

They are not open while in port. They don't want to accept new photos for scanning unless the last batch is already back. And you must turn in all photos for scanning by 1pm on the last full day of the cruise. You can still get your prints after that time, but they won't scan them.

Hope that helps! It is well worth doing, IMO

Hi all! Just off the 1/19 Royal Princess 10-day sail and took full advantage of the $99 photo package. We walked away with 89 8x10's and the smaller port photos!!! It was such an incredible bargain! We took advice from others here and went to the photo center every night with our ship-shaped USB, collected the prints, then had them upload the digital images. It was a smooth and easy process and we're thrilled with the massive number of great photos we received. :)

Thank you to both 3kidsncats & TXcruiser13 for answering my silly question about the USB stick.

I would have purchased it anyway, but I'm even more excited now!

I think Princess are on to a winner here. On our last cruise there were no print outs, just digital images on a screen. I never saw anyone looking at them.

I'm a little surprised that they have to scan the photos, but it makes complete sense to me that they would print them out. Having a glossy photo catch my eye would reel me in for a sale better than another screen I ignore.

Edited by Itolami

I do hope they don't scan the photos we bring them. Don't they use a upc code or something and grab the original digital image? Please let reply someone.

It is no longer listed as a special. It is a pre-cruise price now. Still $199 on ship.