Reason for problems with $99 pre-purchase photo package on some cruises

RSF Cruiser

I couldn't purchase the $99 pre-paid photo package on a 2018 cruise. The ad for the $99 photo package is there in my cruise personalizer, but there's no way to make the purchase. Turns out, Princess tech people have to add the purchase option cruise by cruise, and they started with the soonest cruises; they aren't up to my 2018 cruise yet. I did purchase the package for my summer 2017 cruise, but couldn't for the 2018 cruise. I learned this information from Princess tech support. The agent entered a note in my reservation about the call, to ensure if they pull the promotion, I'll still be able to get it. Thought I'd share what I learned if others are trying to do the same...

I just purchased this package for my March 11th cruise. Does anyone know if these are the same size pictures they normally sell or just a smaller copy?

Gary

It's for the photos they put out, whatever size those are

Then they give you a USB with all the photos you took

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 3 in our Mini Suite does it matter if only one of us is the picture in lieu of all 3? Is this covered on the $99.00 promotion.

Thanks to all of you

As long as one of you from the cabin is in the room, the photo is included in the package... It's a great deal and a lot of fun to do.

As long as one of you from the cabin is in the room, the photo is included in the package... It's a great deal and a lot of fun to do.

I believe you meant to say as long as one of the people in the cabin is in the photo it is included in the package. :)

I believe you meant to say as long as one of the people in the cabin is in the photo it is included in the package. :)

That's what I initially thought as well. However, recent cruise critic chatter has many people confirming that everyone in the cabin was included, even solo photos of the non purchaser but in the same cabin.

It may end up being one of those "every Princess ship has a different policy" issue but it sounds like many have enjoyed getting every photo of everyone in their cabin.

I will see for myself in April and I am hopeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duh... yes, I meant to say, as long as one person from the room that bought the package is in the photo, the photo is included in the package.

For example, we've purchased the package twice now, and both times it worked the identical way. Two people were in our cabin (my husband and me), therefore both of us had the photo package. Any time either one or both of us were in a photo, the photo was included in the package - hard copy print and digital image. Solo of either of us, or group pictures. It made no difference whose folio the purchase was made under, since the package is by cabin. We never had to both be in a photo for the photo to count as part of the package. We have many photos with five people, I'm the only one with the package, and I got one hard copy and the digital image. I'm free to give away my hard copy, or share my digital file. Generally speaking, the photo department will not make an additional hard copy, unless there are two packages from the people in the photo. Although, often times, the photographers take multiple "shots" of a pose - all of the shots are included in the package. It's really a straight forward program.

For us, the photo package made having our picture taken as part of the evening's entertainment. The photographers got to know us, we got to know them, and we ended up with lots of casual, fun, creative photos. So many photos, I had a hard time deciding which ones to hang on the wall. What do you do with all of the photos? I placed the good ones in a binder for easy perusing...

Edited by RSF Cruiser

On a related note, how does the onboard staff know that someone has the photo package? We just purchased it for our upcoming cruise and would like to avoid any misunderstandings once on board.

Thanks,

Grey

When you grab your prints from the wall and go to the counter, you give your Room# and Folio#, and the Photo Staff goes to work!

I paid $199 on Island Princess Dec 20 thu the Panama Canal Transit, best fun and best value! $99 is an absolute steal!! Photo Staff gets to know the Guests with Package to ensure awesome photos.

Have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
My cruise is planned for March of 2018. I checked my cruise personalizer today and the red banner announcing the "PRE-CRUISE EXCLUSIVE" is now gone.

I checked mine also and the banner was gone. I clicked on the photos picture and it came up for the $99 price. I had already purchased it when the banner was on it but was wondering if it was still being offered.

Just got of Princess and I was very :mad:

They are telling me it's only available for 2017 cruises.

I am booked on a B2B but my last cruise ends 3 days into the new year. Hence why i am not able to purchase it. BUT the agent said my TA could buy the first segment and then pay $49 extra to extend it into the next cruise.

WHAT TO DO.....

Will be defiantly be consulting my agent to get this clarified and get princess to honour the promo properly... Even the agent on the phone was saying my cruise starts in 2017 and should be able to have it. Even tho it finishes Jan 3.....

Will let my agent fight it out

Will be defiantly be consulting my agent to get this clarified and get princess to honour the promo properly... Even the agent on the phone was saying my cruise starts in 2017 and should be able to have it. Even tho it finishes Jan 3.....

Will let my agent fight it out

Your agent should!

I couldn't purchase the $99 pre-paid photo package on a 2018 cruise. The ad for the $99 photo package is there in my cruise personalizer, but there's no way to make the purchase. Turns out, Princess tech people have to add the purchase option cruise by cruise, and they started with the soonest cruises; they aren't up to my 2018 cruise yet. I did purchase the package for my summer 2017 cruise, but couldn't for the 2018 cruise. I learned this information from Princess tech support. The agent entered a note in my reservation about the call, to ensure if they pull the promotion, I'll still be able to get it. Thought I'd share what I learned if others are trying to do the same...

How did you find the offer for the pictures. I'm on a 15 day sailing to Hawaii Feb 22,2017. I think I may have seen an offer for 199.00 but can't find it. Do you know how I can find it? We are with a big group so it would come in handy for a few group pictures.

How did you find the offer for the pictures. I'm on a 15 day sailing to Hawaii Feb 22,2017. I think I may have seen an offer for 199.00 but can't find it. Do you know how I can find it? We are with a big group so it would come in handy for a few group pictures.

Here's where we found it for our upcoming 7 day cruise on the Regal.

Go to Princess.com, open your sailing information by clicking on the Cruise Personalizer, then select Onboard Reservations, located at the top of the page, then click on View Options in the Photography section, hopefully you will see the All Inclusive Photo package at the discounted price! It is listed for $99 if we pay for it prior to the cruise--discounted from $199.

Nancy

Edited by PrincessNancy