Equinox doing the ABC's ?

Juicermcurran

My husband and I are planning a 10 year wedding anniversary cruise. We have cruised on Royal and Carnival before but never on Celebrity. We are looking to cruise May 2018 (I know a while out but have the fun is planning)

Anyway, wondering if you think it would be a nice cruise, we've only every done eastern and would love to do more southern islands or maybe western.

Just looking for some advice. Thanks!!

This itinerary is:

Friday, May 4 Miami, FL 3:30pm

Saturday, May 5 At Sea

Sunday, May 6 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 7:00am 4:00pm

Monday, May 7 At Sea

Tuesday, May 8 Aruba 11:00am 11:59pm

Wednesday, May 9 Curacao 8:00am 8:00pm

Thursday, May 10 Bonaire 7:00am 4:00pm

Friday, May 11 At Sea

Saturday, May 12 At Sea

Sunday, May 13 Key West, FL 8:00am 5:00pm

Monday, May 14 Miami, FL 7:00am

I did that itinerary on another line. I have cruised on. The Equinox. Look at the deck plans and book one of the staterooms on the bump out for a larger balcony. Even among those some are two times larger and others are three times larger

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That should be a wonderful cruise!

I say that because my wife and I have the same cruise, same ship booked for May 5, 2017! :):D:)

We love the Solstice class ships, and Celebrity.

We feel this cruise is a perfect combination of sea days and port days, and are looking forward to time in all the ports, as well as actual "Cruise time" during the sea days.

We will come back to this thread and share our thoughts after our cruise if you like.

Happy cruising!

There are actually several itineraries 2017-2019 which reach the ABCs. We're sailing on the Eclipse this week (14 nights) and February 2018 Eclipse (14 night). They both stay overnight in Aruba. There are several cruises a season which sail that far south.

Edited by merlin5353

Bookitdanno and living4acruise2day: I will look forward to your reviews!

I too thought it would be nice to have a few sea days as well.

I'll have to look more into rooms now. Probably just do a verandas deck 7-8.

Any room tips would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did Veranda/deck 8. I like being in the elevator/stairs area, so this is what I chose. I will most definitely come back and write a review!!!! There are not that many reviews for the Equinox. I have read everything I could get my hands on. Lol.

Any (other) recommendations for a ABC cruise, Ed?

I'm very tempted to try a similar itinerary, possibly in 2018 :)

Well, if you do water sports, the snorkeling in Bonaire is pretty hard to beat. :)

Good to know, Ed. We booked the 2018 sailing after your recommendation that the hurricanes don't venture that far south in the summer :D.

HOPEFULLY, no hurricane will appear when you are there, or I will be in the dog house for sure. :p

We did the ABC itin with KW on Infinity...ones of the best itins we have taken...each port was great...even ones we went to previously. And EQ is one of our fav ships....

Edited by hcat

We love that itinerary and are booked on it for this coming November on the Equinox, which will be our 4th sailing on that most lovely ship.

I agree on getting one of those balconies on the slant of the hump ... great location and a super large balcony. You don't have to spend a fortune for that room category though, most of which are in 1A. If you book your basic 2D category, you can get cabin 6210 or in a 2C, check out room 6240. We've booked both on the S class ships and they are awesome cabins with absolutely huge balconies! They only come with 2 chairs a There is some white noise in 6240 but we like that anyway so this one was actually preferable to us. Further back in category 2C, the last 6 or so cabins in each side have larger balconies as well. But for the middle humps, I would stay on the starboard side only if on deck 6 or 7 as the smoking area is on deck 5 below the midship cabins on the port side and may waft up to your cabin.

Good for you for booking early. That way you can usually get the cabin of your choice and if the price goes down, you can have it refared with a quick call down to your travel agent or the cruiseline, depending how you book it.

We have a cruise booked for April 2018 on Princess and the rooms in our category have been sold out for months already. Early bird gets that worm.

And ... it just bears repeating that I think you will absolutely love that itinerary. Those ABC islands are just the best!!

So happy to see all the positive comments about this itinerary!

We just booked this Memorial Day 9-day cruise.

It's our first time sailing on Celebrity (Equinox), AND our first time to the southern islands!

You can imagine the excitement ....and all the studying up and planning we have to do now!

:)