Round Trip Cruise - Syd-Singapore

From time to time on here see people enquiring about cruising OS without needing to fly at least 1 way, either for medical reasons or they just hate flying. Of course the opportunities are limited, unless you are willing to spend a very long time away, waiting on the return leg eg to & from Hawaii, where you would get there in April, and the return would be in Sept.

Came across one possibility that arises due to Carnival Spirits dry dock in Singapore in May 2018.

It would be possible cruising from Sydney to Singapore [19N] 3-22May, having 2 weeks in SE Asia, and then cruising back Singapore to Sydney [19N] 6-25June.

Hope it works well for someone :)

From time to time on here see people enquiring about cruising OS without needing to fly at least 1 way, either for medical reasons or they just hate flying. Of course the opportunities are limited, unless you are willing to spend a very long time away, waiting on the return leg eg to & from Hawaii, where you would get there in April, and the return would be in Sept.

Came across one possibility that arises due to Carnival Spirits dry dock in Singapore in May 2018.

It would be possible cruising from Sydney to Singapore [19N] 3-22May, having 2 weeks in SE Asia, and then cruising back Singapore to Sydney [19N] 6-25June.

Found that one a while ago Mr Walker, just won't be able to hang around for two weeks:(

Got my eye on the return though, one of the Mondays is the June long weekend so one less annual leave day.

The Solstice did the same thing last year.

We have had many land trips to Asia and filling in two week in Thailand or Vietnam would be wonderful:) I could do two weeks in Singapore!!

Otherwise the Legend return from Hawaii in September looks good also.

Will wait until after our short cruise to see if carnival is to our liking.

The included gratuites and AUD onboard is a plus at the moment.

Please don't put that thought into my head! :eek: Oh, too late! :(

I am sure there are a few interested parties although one in particular (starts with G) that cannot be away for that length of time due to his (long suffering :p) wife's job.

Edited by MicCanberra

I am sure there are a few interested parties although one in particular (starts with G) that cannot be away for that length of time due to his (long suffering :p) wife's job.

And his own.

I think the next longer cruise is likely to be Hawaii round trip, unless it looks like we can do a Circle Pacific which would include a lot of it anyway.

Glad to see someone recognise how long suffering I am;)

And his own.

I think the next longer cruise is likely to be Hawaii round trip, unless it looks like we can do a Circle Pacific which would include a lot of it anyway.

Glad to see someone recognise how long suffering I am;)

Yeah well, got to look out for those in the CC family, even the crazy ones.:p

Mr G was the first person I thought of :)

Maybe we all need to do a long roundtrip cruise together when retirement comes, although the timing for each of us is likely different & maybe our choice of itinerary & ship may also differ. Maybe it will be payer chooses, but I think I will have to win Powerball or similar to put up the $'s :):)

Maybe we all need to do a long roundtrip cruise together when retirement comes, although the timing for each of us is likely different & maybe our choice of itinerary & ship may also differ. Maybe it will be payer chooses, but I think I will have to win Powerball or similar to put up the $'s :):)

Thanks mate.

I'd be happy with a just short CCers cruise (not many could put up with Mrs Gut for a long one)

with the regulars (not going to try and list them as I'd leave someone out and they'd get narky)

I vote RCCL or Celebrity, then that pesky gbenjo wouldn't be able to come:p.

But suspect it'd be a bit like herding cats.

Likewise but I like the idea.:D

Thanks mate.

I'd be happy with a just short CCers cruise (not many could put up with Mrs Gut for a long one)

with the regulars (not going to try and list them as I'd leave someone out and they'd get narky)

I vote RCCL or Celebrity, then that pesky gbenjo wouldn't be able to come:p.

But suspect it'd be a bit like herding cats.

Perhaps it should be Graham that picks the cruise?