Decisions

Xrayman67

Hi, My wife and I are planing on going on a cruise in Dec. We have narrowed it down to 3 ships. We have already been on Oasis of the seas once. The 3 ships that we are looking at are Quantum, Harmony, and Allure. I have a few questions that I need help with.

1. We would like to go on Quantum of the seas in Dec. but it leaves out off New Jersey and the weather is cold in the northeast at that time. This ship has the first 2 day as sea days. I know that this is a big ship but I feel like for those sea days we won't be able to go outside due to the cold. Is this ship worth spending the money knowing that for sea days we can't go outside due to the cold weather?

2. Harmony. Harmony of the seas is a new ship that we would like to go on but the time that I have for my vacation it only sails to the 3 ports that we were already visited on our last cruise. Is this ship worth going to the same destination as before?

3. Allure. Allure of the seas is the last ship that we are looking at. It goes to 3 ports that we have never been to but it is also the sister ship of Oasis. Now, I like to explore the ships and spend time on top of going onshore to. Does this ship have any other features on it that Oasis doesn't have? We are leaning more towards this ship since it goes to St, Thomas, St. Marten, and the Bahamas.

Can someone please tell me the differences between these ship since they are all in the same class?

Thanks

xrayman67

I would go for the Allure.

New ports, which is a plus, all different shows on the Allure and a different restaurant. More than enough to do and one bonus is that you are a bit familiar with the ship and won't spend as much time figuring out how to get around. Also prices vs Harmony are probably lower.

Hi, My wife and I are planing on going on a cruise in Dec. We have narrowed it down to 3 ships. We have already been on Oasis of the seas once. The 3 ships that we are looking at are Quantum, Harmony, and Allure. I have a few questions that I need help with.

1. We would like to go on Quantum of the seas in Dec. but it leaves out off New Jersey and the weather is cold in the northeast at that time. This ship has the first 2 day as sea days. I know that this is a big ship but I feel like for those sea days we won't be able to go outside due to the cold. Is this ship worth spending the money knowing that for sea days we can't go outside due to the cold weather?

2. Harmony. Harmony of the seas is a new ship that we would like to go on but the time that I have for my vacation it only sails to the 3 ports that we were already visited on our last cruise. Is this ship worth going to the same destination as before?

3. Allure. Allure of the seas is the last ship that we are looking at. It goes to 3 ports that we have never been to but it is also the sister ship of Oasis. Now, I like to explore the ships and spend time on top of going onshore to. Does this ship have any other features on it that Oasis doesn't have? We are leaning more towards this ship since it goes to St, Thomas, St. Marten, and the Bahamas.

Can someone please tell me the differences between these ship since they are all in the same class?

I think you mean Anthem of the Seas, a Quantum class ship sailing from NJ in December.

If being outside is important to you on sea days, then Anthem is probably not the itinerary you want. I'd go with Allure. It's identical to Oasis and will take you to ports you haven't been to yet. Good luck!

Harmony and Allure have the same itineraries...they just alternate eastern or wes,tern legs.. So if Harmony is on the eastern caribbean ....Allure is on the western caribbean.

Harmony sails on Saturdays and Allure on Sundays...so that may help you on your travel schedule.

We just finshed a trip Dec 4 on Allure...they stated it was 105% booked but only 5962 passengers..max is 6400...not sure how they calculate 105%.

The ship was decorated force Christmas which was nice..they had tree lighting ceremony and one night singing Christmas carols..

I would book another trip the same time of the year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I'm going in March on the Anthem and in April on the Allure. After that I will be more than happy to give you my opinion about those ships. Since the cruises are a couple of weeks apart, I for sure will look for the overall experience. But for now I'm more excited for the Anthem than for the Allure and don't know why.

Harmony and Allure have the same itineraries...they just alternate eastern or wes,tern legs.. So if Harmony is on the eastern caribbean ....Allure is on the western caribbean.

Harmony sails on Saturdays and Allure on Sundays...so that may help you on your travel schedule.

We just finshed a trip Dec 4 on Allure...they stated it was 105% booked but only 5962 passengers..max is 6400...not sure how they calculate 105%.

The ship was decorated force Christmas which was nice..they had tree lighting ceremony and one night singing Christmas carols..

I would book another trip the same time of the year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Capacity is calculated at double occupancy not at maximum capacity.

Double occupancy was 5400 and max occupancy was 6296 but that was before the last dry dock when they added a bunch of cabins.

We are sailing on the Anthem out of NJ in February. A big plus for me is that one whole pool deck is glassed in like a solarium. It's temperature controlled. That's where you'll find me on those cold days coming in and out of NJ. I can't comment on the other ships because I did no research on them. Do they also have a solarium pool deck?

Allure & Harmony are the same as the Oasis.

I would not do the Anthem if you want to scrap ice off your balcony for 2 days.

Maybe you should look beyond RC.

If you want more ports, look at NCL or Princess.

Some of those do 4 stops.

I was just on the Harmony on 12-10-16. It was packed with children due to the water slides and other slide. Since we enjoy more quiet, I would pick the Allure next time for sure. We have sailed it before and it was lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You don't say which Anthem itinerary you are looking at. If the cruise is to Bahamas, Coco Cay, and Port Canaveral, I'd not do it. If it's the longer cruise to more southern destinations I'd look at it. We did Quantum in Feb. the first year it was out. It was bitterly cold when we left but after the second day it was fine. There was lots to do indoor and an indoor pool. It was "interesting" to be on a totally different class of ship form Royal Caribbean. It's designed, IMHO, for cold weather cruises anyway. Lots of indoor activities and spaces. So I wouldn't rule it out.

Again, I would only do the 12 night to make it worthwhile for me.

Thanks

xrayman67

Harmony, Allure and Oasis are all the same class of ship. You will find more similarities than differences. Shows will be different and different restaurants. Layout is the same. Harmony has water slides.

When you went on Oasis did you feel like that was a ship that you would go on again if the ports were all ports you had been to? Harmony will be the same. Personally I love the Oasis class of ships so I would be fine with going to the same ports again. I'd just stay on the ship and enjoy it or find completely different things from last time to do in port.

For me living in a cold climate half of the year I don't have any interest in vacationing where it will be cold half of the time. I see you live in Florida so maybe that isn't such a big issue for you.

Quantum ships are completely different than the normal RCCL ships so if you would like to experience something completely different then go with that!