Flowrider Lawsuit

bouhunter

;) That was the worst case of false advertising I've seen since my lawsuit against the movie The NeverEnding Story. :D

Sir/Madam, if I were on that jury I would have handed you a blank check, if only to prove a point. :D

I thought it was common knowledge the FlowRiders were modified. They are smaller than the land based ones, however the manufacturer made them smaller not RCCL. Actually I'm surprised both parties weren't sued.

It's not sad that he is suing, it's sad that he will probably win.

Look at recent lawsuits and their verdicts.

One of the big box hardware stores, believe it was Lowes, was sued because a 2x4 wasn't 2" by 4". Lowes lost, 2x4's have NEVER been sold to an end user at 2" x 4" they used to be wet cut to that size and would dry down to 1 3/4" x 3 3/4". In the modern age they are just made 1 1/2" by 3 1/2".

Red Bull lost because it didn't give someone wings. Now their logo says wiings.

Some guy falls and gets hurt on a FlowRider, easy money.

I suppose that you might have a point if someone using a Flowrider had been to land based ones frequently to make the comparison. However, if he had not he would not have had a reference for comparison.

And it is really easy to be dismissive about a case without knowing the facts of a case. Do you know the facts of the case? If you don't know, then it would be premature to say that it would be sad if he actually won.

I thought it was common knowledge the FlowRiders were modified. They are smaller than the land based ones, however the manufacturer made them smaller not RCCL. Actually I'm surprised both parties weren't sued.

It's not sad that he is suing, it's sad that he will probably win.

Look at recent lawsuits and their verdicts.

One of the big box hardware stores, believe it was Lowes, was sued because a 2x4 wasn't 2" by 4". Lowes lost, 2x4's have NEVER been sold to an end user at 2" x 4" they used to be wet cut to that size and would dry down to 1 3/4" x 3 3/4". In the modern age they are just made 1 1/2" by 3 1/2".

Red Bull lost because it didn't give someone wings. Now their logo says wiings.

Some guy falls and gets hurt on a FlowRider, easy money.

I saw in a lumberyard near where I live. There was a sign that said " All dimensions are rough dimension"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

People like their coffee HOT! Easier to cool it down then warm it up after you leave the store... When I was Rest MGR 20-35 yrs ago all places I worked for kept coffee around 160-168 degrees. Always Hot...

Not to the point that it's so hot that it can cause 3rd degree burns and death. Many get caught up on the notion that because she spilled it on her lap she and she alone was responsible for her injuries. Consider that someone could have attained 3rd degree burns in her mouth if she had merely sipped the coffee. What then- should she have waited 2 hours before sipping it to make sure that it was safe? If McDs had received multiple complaints that the coffee was too hot, the it should have remedied the problem before getting sued.

Can you please back that claim up with irrefutable evidence? How do you know that they aren't trained?

Are you a graduate of Flowrider university?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I would be curious too.

Edited by Sail Mama

• 4 months later...
Really, could you give us some examples of what the staff should do to make sure people are riding safe? JC

How about asking prospective riders before getting on the ride are they sure that they want to take the risk of being seriously injured? How many prospective riders do you think would change their minds if they were clear that they could be seriously injured?

How about asking prospective riders before getting on the ride are they sure that they want to take the risk of being seriously injured? How many prospective riders do you think would change their minds if they were clear that they could be seriously injured?

There are warning signs around the waves, there are waivers that you sign before you ride stating the risks, every few hours the instructors shut down the wave and give a safety demonstration and then there is the most obvious visual that it is risky/dangerous by simply watching the people trying to ride. There are enough clues that it can be dangerous without the instructors letting every rider personally know.

I know the risks. I still ride.

I know the risks. I still ride.

Well as long as you have been properly informed and you are making an informed decision, then the choice is yours. But folks have to be properly notified of what those risks are.

Well as long as you have been properly informed and you are making an informed decision, then the choice is yours. But folks have to be properly notified of what those risks are.
They are. They sign the waiver. They have signs. They have safely demos.

There are warning signs around the waves, there are waivers that you sign before you ride stating the risks, every few hours the instructors shut down the wave and give a safety demonstration and then there is the most obvious visual that it is risky/dangerous by simply watching the people trying to ride. There are enough clues that it can be dangerous without the instructors letting every rider personally know.

Laura won't let me ride, err try to ride, anymore. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

2.8 seconds. It is common sense that a machine that shoots 35mph waves at you could cause injury.

You're an amazing speed reader. It took me 2.8 seconds just to read your post. Do you know how I can get a copy of this waiver?

Edited by Sail Mama

I believe that is the real value of the required waiver...not so much to prevent lawsuits, but rather, to try to get people that are not sure of their ability to reconsider undertaking what is really a risky activity.

You're an amazing speed reader. It took me 2.8 seconds just to read your post. Do you know how I can get a copy of this waiver?

Try a Google search, you might find it but who knows how old it is. If not on your next RC cruise take pics of it, even if you aren't going to ride. It will read like any other lawyer written waiver for activities that involve risk. Just curious, why are you so interested in getting one?

EVERYONE SPREADING IGNORANCE by saying "suing companies is a national pasttime" and "people are money hungry and just want a buck" Please educate yourselves. Companies are sometimes wrong, sometimes a lot of times, before someone calls them on it and forces them to appropriately handle their mistake and take responsibility.

r

Spoken like a true lawyer....:rolleyes:

As for the "national pastime" comment....

How many times have I heard stories about bus or train accidents, and in the aftermath, observer's attempting to jump on board to claim they were on board at the time, in order to 'score' a claim?

Thankfully, good camera coverage and securement of accident scene's has now prevented a lot of this from happening..

That's just one example...

Yes I researched that story eons ago, unfortunately it changes nothing. The woman was irresponsible not McDonalds. I'm on their side. I guess you would want them to serve iced coffee to be sure no one else puts a scalding cup of coffee between their legs. Duh. We've all burned our mouths on hot drinks at some point haven't we? In fact I do it pretty often.:o If this had happened at home, who would she have sued? O yeah, the coffeemaker or the mircro wave seller...

When will people in this country take responsibility for their own mistakes??.....I guess never, as long as lawyers rule the courts. Geez, I wonder why the other million +++ people who got the same coffee managed to use their grey matter and not get burned at all, in fact actually put that hot coffee in their mouths and swallowed?? I'd rather believe that 700 people were not cautious but careless. Why do you think Starbucks provides sleeves for their coffee? But now, you have to put them on the cup yourself, because some Barista didn't put one on right and someone tripped and burned themselves.:rolleyes:

The moral of this story is what my Gram always taught us as kids:

You can believe fire will burn you, but when you get burned, you KNOW it will burn you! So....you better make sure it doesn't happen.

Yes, sometimes companies knowingly do the wrong things and must be held accountable, IMHO this wasn't one of them. And if anyone reads the waiver before they sign it, which I am convinced hardly ever happens, then enough said. You ride at your own peril.:cool:

Well said, I agree...

We are already too much of a 'nanny-state', with people expecting the government to protect them from their own stupidity....

I wonder how it was modified? Every wave is slightly different even if they are the same model, and any partially skilled rider knows this. Perhaps this individual should have quit while they were ahead. ;)
The individual is a total jack---.....:D