Port of Starboard?

Hoot51

I'm just curious if anyone else here has a preference about their stateroom being on the port or starboard side of the ship? I always prefer the port side. Not sure why!

I prefer the portside too...just something seems a bit off when I've been on the starboard side and that was only on Oasis...However love those true afts especially the corner's.

And strange but I usually book the left side when flying too.

Agreed. Maybe it's because I'm left handed that I have an affinity for Portside! I usually stay aft as well, but will be midship in my upcoming cruise. A few firsts on this next trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn't matter....the ship docks (or tries to) equally at each port....and when docked, you're in a HARBOR....not facing out to sea! There's plenty of scenery.

So, it really doesn't matter which side of the ship you're on.

Sorry...but you continue to say this and it just isn't true..."Equally" has nothing to do with it. "Where" they dock is pre-scheduled..."How" they dock is up to conditions, the captain and more importantly the harbor master...never is "equality" a factor.

Depending upon itinerary, it can make a huge difference. On a one-way, such as a T/A, in a balcony cabin it will mean having a lot of sun or no sun on your balcony. On our upcoming Hawaii cruise the ship will make night passage around the south side of the big island, from Kona to Hilo; there is good possibility of great viewing of volcanic flow - meaning our port side balcony would be preferable to a starboard.

Like much else in life - the answer is "it depends". It is mindless to say that "it makes no difference" without knowing what "it" is.

I'm just curious if anyone else here has a preference about their stateroom being on the port or starboard side of the ship? I always prefer the port side. Not sure why!
For us, we usually leave out of NYC. I like seeing the city as we leave and seeing the Statue of Liberty in the morning when we return. So port side is best for us.